JCRGraphix

NFL, but Australian rules

This concept takes a look at what the NFL would look like if Australian football were the popular sport back in the day. The league starts in 1940...

map.png

Our first club is the New York Titans FC. They have a very similar history to the real-world Giants, and wear a very classic look.

1.png

2.png

Oh Boy, this ought to be great...I see there's some expansion and foreign teams as well!

I'm not all that well versed in Aussie Rules jumpers, but the Titans have a great look

Love this. I have a guernsee I designed for a Swedish Aussie Football side Hanging in Melbourne’s museum. 

Cant wait to see them!

Great start.

The only nit pick I have is that the NFL badge is a little high on the breast, otherwise the Titans look well represents the New York region.

No teams in Ohio, Charlotte or Kansas City? How come?

I love me some Aussie Rules concepts, it's definitely an underappreciated sport. New York is a great look. I love the stripe on the back. Did you make that template or did you get it from somewhere?

18 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

No teams in Ohio, Charlotte or Kansas City? How come?

I'm honestly unsure, perhaps he wanted to switch things up.

Really like the concept and execution, but, for 1940, I'm not sure if they would have patches or wordmarks on the uniforms, yet

Just now, rattyrattera said:

Really like the concept and execution, but, for 1940, I'm not sure if they would have patches or wordmarks on the uniforms, yet

The league started in 1940. These are today's uniforms. I'm starting with the original clubs first. 

Up next is the Boston Football Club. Due to their All-American branding, they are nicknamed the Patriots.

1.png

2.png

3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I love me some Aussie Rules concepts, it's definitely an underappreciated sport. New York is a great look. I love the stripe on the back. Did you make that template or did you get it from somewhere?

Unless otherwise credited, I make all of my own templates. Thanks!

Up next is the Philadelphia Quaker FC with their very traditionalist look. The Quakers prefer to wear their white jumpers whenever possible.

1.png

2.png

Very good. Curious to see what Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Utah, Memphis and Birmingham look like.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Boston's away seems too advanced for their 1940 uniform. Or am i misunderstanding the years?

These are their 2018 uniforms. I'm just presenting them in order of franchise age.