Rugby Canada Rebrand

kiwi_canadian

I love that they ditched the black and went a bit minimalist.  I've been a big fan of Hulse and Durrell's work in Canadian sports over the past couple of years but this just seems lazy.  I really want to like it but it feels like they sort of phoned this one in.  

zzPEfBm.png

6 hours ago, steve61 said:

I love that they ditched the black and went a bit minimalist.  I really want to like it but it feels like they sort of phoned this one in.  

This is exactly how I feel. 

Its missing something. Not sure what. But something. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 27/02/2018 at 12:18 AM, M4One said:

Major upgrade over the previous logo.  Best thing is that it has its own look instead of copying Hockey Canada with the player in the middle of the black and red maple leaf.  Even Golf Canada had something similar.  

WorldJuniorsGeneric.jpg

Golf-Canada-FC-POS.jpg

See, that's what I think the downgrade is. I LIKE the fact that, for a majority of Canadian national teams/federations, they were represented by a player in the middle of a red and black maple leaf.

This new one is, meh. Jersey supplier is a fantastic upgrade though

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Currently watching Chile vs. Canada and Canada is still playing in the Under Armour jerseys. All the graphics though have Canada's new logo... I'm guessing they couldn't get the new kit down to Chile in time for the game.

Which is weird, because their 7s team is wearing the new jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And USA 7's are wearing BLK again after wearing adidas for part of last year. I believe 15s still wear adidas.

Saw that as well... Although I didn't see any BLK markings on it. Maybe because they are hosting, it was a more patriotic jersey?

58 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Saw that as well... Although I didn't see any BLK markings on it. Maybe because they are hosting, it was a more patriotic jersey?

I did a web search and found the blue version which is why I figured out it was a BLK design. Maybe an issue with the 7's shirts from adidas? I figured they'd just wear the same as rugby union, or just a different design like England does. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I did a web search and found the blue version which is why I figured out it was a BLK design. Maybe an issue with the 7's shirts from adidas? I figured they'd just wear the same as rugby union, or just a different design like England does. 

Here's the reason. There were claims that USA Rugby thought the kit was not as good as the ones given to New Zealand or France, however it more had to do with the short time frame of putting the new shirt sponsor on the kit in time for the Vegas 7's. Switched from Emirates to DHL. Here's the link to the story:

https://rugbyshirtwatch.com/2018/03/04/news-usa-rugby-wear-mystery-unbranded-kit-for-las-vegas-7s-tournament/

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Here's the reason. There were claims that USA Rugby thought the kit was not as good as the ones given to New Zealand or France, however it more had to do with the short time frame of putting the new shirt sponsor on the kit in time for the Vegas 7's. Switched from Emirates to DHL. Here's the link to the story:

https://rugbyshirtwatch.com/2018/03/04/news-usa-rugby-wear-mystery-unbranded-kit-for-las-vegas-7s-tournament/

Do they not believe in making kits without sponsorship, just in case this happens? I guess just doing the West Ham thing of screening a sponsor over top wouldn't have worked since the Fly Emirates logo was taller than DHL is.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived