#SaveTheCrew fan kit

sonny

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VJh7TDG4sC57OReG2Since Crew SC’s excuse for an owner has announced his intent to move to Austin next year, the amount of backlash has been substantial. Different things have been done both in front and behind the scenes but in the interest of this group, the #SaveTheCrew gang has endeavored to create a Supporters kit with actual local sponsorship. Very cool indeed. 

https://goo.gl/images/ny2a9e

Don't these kind of movements always happen too late? It's all about money. The owner can get the stadium/money he wants in Austin, he's going to move there.

I don't know much about the Crew. Were they selling out every game? Did they have a strong local presence? I recall when the Rams left LA after the '94 season, the team had fallen so far they weren't even a part of the LA sports scene anymore. If the Crew has had that happen, that only gives the owner even more reason to move.

He’s basically tanked the club, pulling them off local television, not advertising, and not courting sponsors.  So now he can cry poor.

The irony is that Austin doesn’t particularly want the team. He thought they’d fall over themselves to give him a sweetheart deal, but they’re opposed to his stadium sites and the idea of public funding. He probably has a much better situation in Columbus, if he actually tried.  There are local offers for the club, and I really hope he just sells. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

He’s basically tanked the club, pulling them off local television, not advertising, and not courting sponsors.  So now he can cry poor.

Oh wow. So it's exactly what Georgia did to the Rams during their last (initial) years in LA.

Well, hopefully someone in Columbus will make him an offer he can't refuse and they'll stay put.

19 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Oh wow. So it's exactly what Georgia did to the Rams during their last (initial) years in LA.

Well, hopefully someone in Columbus will make him an offer he can't refuse and they'll stay put.

He refuses to talk to Columbus. He has the minimum amount of local involvement and TV coverage in the team just so he meets the minimum threshold of MLS rules. He still announced yesterday that Butler Shores should be available to him even though they've already told him no. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, sonny said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VJh7TDG4sC57OReG2Since Crew SC’s excuse for an owner has announced his intent to move to Austin next year, the amount of backlash has been substantial. Different things have been done both in front and behind the scenes but in the interest of this group, the #SaveTheCrew gang has endeavored to create a Supporters kit with actual local sponsorship. Very cool indeed. 

https://goo.gl/images/ny2a9e

The full jersey roll out will be complete on March 15th. I would assume the jersey will be yellow rather than black and I believe the main Save the Crew bade will be the crest used. The biggest question is if it will be in full color or monotone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine last night.  Some fans are mad it's not all yellow, because we've never worn hoops. I like it because both colors are present and it will still stand out in the stands which is the main idea I think. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It really is a beauty but i'm not sure I understand, besides for making a statement, what is the purpose? (to clarify, that's not a negative statement, I'm genuinely unsure) 

Are proceeds going to help fund something to assist with the efforts to save the Crew?

My reason for asking is; if it is financially supporting efforts to save the Crew, I will order one. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

11 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

It really is a beauty but i'm not sure I understand, besides for making a statement, what is the purpose? (to clarify, that's not a negative statement, I'm genuinely unsure) 

Are proceeds going to help fund something to assist with the efforts to save the Crew?

My reason for asking is; if it is financially supporting efforts to save the Crew, I will order one. 

All proceeds go to the Save the Crew organization. They also have scarves, t-shirts and hoodies for those that aren't interested in buying the kit. 

https://savethecrew.com/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

All proceeds go to the Save the Crew organization. They also have scarves, t-shirts and hoodies for those that aren't interested in buying the kit. 

Thanks for clarifying.

Ordered mine....thank goodness for having friends in Buffalo because they don't ship to Canada.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived