Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Felt like making some hockey jerseys, and have had this idea in my head for some time, so I present to you Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys, where I will be giving each of Canada's provinces and territories.. you guessed it, hockey jerseys!

 

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Northern Ontario

Ontario

Quebec

New Brunswick

Nova Scotia

Prince Edward Island

Newfoundland and Labrador

Yukon

Northwest Territories

Nunavut

St. Pierre and Miquelon

 

Since I'm still not 100% confident in my logo-making abilities, The logo for each team is their respective shield.

Like series before, I'm not doing these in any particular order, so if you want a certain one done, I'll do it. Let's get to it!

 

First up we have Saskatchewan. Firstly, anything other than green for the home jersey would be blasphemous so I obviously went with that. The rest of the colours are from the provincial flag, mainly using yellow and having minimal red accents. The striping pattern features two traditional stripes, with cuffs on the arms. This pattern is also featured on the socks and hem. The away jersey features a yoke, and the star of the show is a sublimated wheat pattern on the chest, paying homage to the many farmers and wheat fields in the province. I used a classic block font, the same one used by the Roughriders, the pride of the province.

W07aO4d.png

Left Wings: Jaden Schwartz, Patrick Marleau (C), Chris Kunitz (A), Scott Hartnell (A)

Centres: Ryan Getzlaf (A), Brayden Schenn, Tyler Bozak, Brooks Laich

Right Wings: Jordan Eberle, Blake Comeau, Josh Archibald, Adam Cracknell

Defensemen: Ryan Murray, Matt Dumba, Derrick Pouliot, Luke Schenn, Brayden McNabb, Erik Gryba

Goalies: Devan Dubnyk, Braden Holtby

C&C is appreciated, as well as requests!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RNaylor97 said:

Could you do one for the French islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon as well, I'm sure you could make a pretty spectacular jersey out of their legendary flag.

That's gonna be tough with so many different elements, but I'll try it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Hope to see this series complete.

Don't worry, I'll do my best to complete this series, since It's an idea that I really like.

 

Next up is my home province of Ontario!

First off, I made the colour scheme red and black, since it isn't used by any other province, and because a scheme based off the flag wouldn't really work. I recoloured the coat of arms, replacing the green with black. For the striping, I went with a four stripe pattern that stays traditional but is different at the same time. Both jerseys feature yokes, and the gloves and pants are based off of the pattern.

p7aGsqI.png

Just for fun, I'll also do rosters for each team, feel free to argue about any players I missed.

Left Wings: Rick Nash (A), James Neal, Mike Hoffman, Mike Camalleri

Centres: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Joe Thornton (C), John Tavares

Right Wings: Corey Perry, Mitch Marner, Justin Williams, Tyler Toffoli

Defensemen: PK Subban, Brent Burns, Drew Doughty, Alex Pietrangelo, Mark Giordano (A), Dougie Hamilton

Goalies: Mike Smith, Matt Murray

 

C&C and requests are appreciated!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys (Ontario up 3/3)

Next up we have one of my favourite provinces, Prince Edward Island, or PEI.

This design started off traditional with two stripes of different colours, and a red yoke. Then I got inspired by their flag, and decided to add stripes to the yoke, and to make a unique design, add the red and white dotted line at the hem. The arms and socks use the two stripes, and I used a round font to finish it off. This is probably one of my favourite jerseys I've made.

OuYgC1e.png

Notable Players: Brad Richards, Adam McQuaid, Ross Johnston, Drew MacIntyre, Brandon Gormley, Morgan Ellis, Steve Ott

 

C&C and requests are appreciated!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys (PEI up 3/6)
3 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Next up we have one of my favourite provinces, Prince Edward Island, or PEI.

This design started off traditional with two stripes of different colours, and a red yoke. Then I got inspired by their flag, and decided to add stripes to the yoke, and to make a unique design, add the red and white dotted line at the hem. The arms and socks use the two stripes, and I used a round font to finish it off. This is probably one of my favourite jerseys I've made.

OuYgC1e.png

Notable Players: Brad Richards, Adam McQuaid, Ross Johnston, Drew MacIntyre, Brandon Gormley, Morgan Ellis, Steve Ott

 

C&C and requests are appreciated!

 

Nice work! Oh, and by the way, if you’re not yet familiar with this hockey team, there was actually a team in the AHL named the PEI Senators, now known as the Belleville Senators, affiliates of the Ottawa Senators in the NHL.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, greyraven8 said:

If interested in adding another area could do Northern Ontario.

Sure! Why not, since Northern Ontario could probably be its own province.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:30 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

So far, so good...lookin' forward to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland!

Wow, Thanks for the kind words Sparky! I've got Nova Scotia done and Newfoundland is in progress.

 

So here's Nova Scotia. This was a perfect opportunity to put a saltire on a jersey because of the flag, so that's the main focus of the jersey. The rest of the striping is simple to prevent the look from being too busy. I put the Scottish royal shield as the crest instead of the provincial shield to avoid redundancy, and used a traditional block font since Nova Scotia is one of the original four provinces.

ZufmmA3.png

Notable Players: Sidney Crosby (obviously), Nathan MacKinnon, Brad Marchand, Andrew MacDonald, Alex Killorn

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys (Nova Scotia up 3/10)

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone!

 

Up next is probably my favourite province, full of nice people, great views, and seafood, Newfoundland and Labrador!

As a vexillology enthusiast, I've always loved the province's flag. It's unique, full of symbolism, and well-designed, so I based the striping off of the flag. The pattern incorporates the golden arrow/sword on the flag, with white surrounding it. The away striping switches the blue and white, but with white between the blue and red to improve contrast. The blue jersey features a yoke to improve colour balance.

raVsKQ9.png

Notable Players: Luke Adam, Teddy Purcell, Colin Greening, Daniel LaCosta

 

C&C and requests are appreciated!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys (Newfoundland and Labrador up 3/12)
On 2018-03-03 at 4:23 PM, NoE38 said:

Don't worry, I'll do my best to complete this series, since It's an idea that I really like.

 

Next up is my home province of Ontario!

First off, I made the colour scheme red and black, since it isn't used by any other province, and because a scheme based off the flag wouldn't really work. I recoloured the coat of arms, replacing the green with black. For the striping, I went with a four stripe pattern that stays traditional but is different at the same time. Both jerseys feature yokes, and the gloves and pants are based off of the pattern.

p7aGsqI.png

Just for fun, I'll also do rosters for each team, feel free to argue about any players I missed.

Left Wings: Rick Nash (A), James Neal, Mike Hoffman, Mike Camalleri

Centres: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Joe Thornton (C), John Tavares

Right Wings: Corey Perry, Mitch Marner, Justin Williams, Tyler Toffoli

Defensemen: PK Subban, Brent Burns, Drew Doughty, Alex Pietrangelo, Mark Giordano (A), Dougie Hamilton

Goalies: Mike Smith, Matt Murray

 

C&C and requests are appreciated!

 

 

I'm curious to see what this would look like with green instead of black, maybe incorporate a trillium into the jersey?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

I'm curious to see what this would look like with green instead of black, maybe incorporate a trillium into the jersey?

I tried this idea, but with the green, it gives off too much of a Christmas vibe. I did another version with green accents, which I think looks better than the red-and-green version. The reason I didn't put green in the original version is because I'm trying to give every province a unique color scheme and PEI was designated as the red and green team.

Red and green only:

0RK2jT5.png

Green accents:

hUAGWqe.png

As for the trillium, I'll try some ideas that incorporate it subtly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Provincial/Territorial Hockey Jerseys (NWT up 6/29)
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.