Why does no team use earth tone colors? 

skip88

11 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I guarantee that more than half of the posters on here are VERY familiar with the dad look.

Yep. That's MY style.

But the shirt is usually tucked in to my belted, pleated shorts (I'm an older dad with college and high school age daughters). 

And my polos are just about any color of the rainbow, from lime green to bright red to purple.....

It is what it is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Yep. That's MY style.

But the shirt is usually tucked in to my belted, pleated shorts (I'm an older dad with college and high school age daughters). 

And my polos are just about any color of the rainbow, from lime green to bright red to purple.....

Would you also happen to wear loafers or boat shoes?

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The “Brewers” ones, but “Cerveceros?”

Nevermind.  They wore those July 1st last season, but I think that was the only appearance.

14 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Yep. That's MY style.

Same, except I've become a little more rebellious lately and have been known to sport the untucked look from time to time.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Only thing I can think of a team in NHL is the Boston Bruin that have used this colour scheme for limited time and it look appealing... 

Instead of Black, they used dark brown. 
winter-classic-jerseys-bruins-2010.jpg&w

And this one to make the bear stands out

On 3/2/2018 at 7:58 PM, B-Rich said:

Tulane University, take note.  THAT is "Olive Green". Not this:

SetSize320240-Tulane-1318.jpg

Football_Team_Huddle_vs_SMU_October_2016

They’re clearly going for “Castelvetrano green” here.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, burgundy said:

new-balance-dad-shoes.jpg?w=1024

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 minutes ago, eRay said:

These were pretty earth-toned. I know they're an alternate, but they're certainly more earth-toned than some of the other things being posted here.

dwyane-wade-heat-military-uniforms.jpg

Yeah but that's clearly for a military theme. It's still earth tones but there seems to be a distinct reason for this one that excludes it from the conversation I think. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah but that's clearly for a military theme. It's still earth tones but there seems to be a distinct reason for this one that excludes it from the conversation I think. 

You are correct, so I'll try again. How about the Hershey Bears?

636005883521302066-ldn-mkd-060316-Hershe

On 3/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, burgundy said:

Amaretto Brown Sperrys all the freakin' time-- long pants on, wear'em with socks; shorts-- no socks.  Except if I have to do a lot of walking, then it's the sneakers (not New Balance^_^)

Heck I just realized there already is a near-perfect "dad uniform" picture of me on the board: DETROIT

It is what it is.

Archived