MLB by Under Armour

csura999

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, guys! Super humbled... This is awesome.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate it so much, guys. It makes me just want to keep posting and showing off everything I have done!

Next team up, are the South Siders... The Chicago White Sox!

Logo package:

wb29ac.png

I love their current logos and uniforms. After so many changes (many very  drastic), and using so different  color  schemes over the years, starting in 1991 (with the exception of few games late in 1990), the White Sox have finally found a color scheme and look that works for them. I wanted to keep that the same.

The uniforms feature a new number font to better match ones they have used in the past, and to better match the new font on the road jerseys. Also brought back in to the mix are the old sock stripes from the "Go-Go Sox" era, just in the current colors.

The home whites remain the same--except the number font, and adding the "Sox Diamond" patch. I absolutely love these uniforms, and wanted to make some minor tweaks that to me, would perfect them.

a1oaxx.png

The road greys drop their familiar script, for the "Chicago" font used back during the "South Side Hitmen" era and during the early years of the franchise. The thick black and white striping is restored on the pants--bringing back consistency that is currently lacking. Also added the "Sox Diamond" patch back to the left sleeve.

2nasmdi.png

The black alternates, like the home pinstripes remain the same with the exception of the number font. Another jersey I am fond of. Of course, it is to be worn both at home and also on the road as a nice change of pace. Love the jerseys, but I swear they wear them at least 100 games of the year!

2di2jis.png

2ebd0tt.png

I really, really enjoy the White Sox current uniforms. They have done some chipping away at their identity over the years, and I wanted to restore their identity to where it was around the time they hoisted the title back in 2005--with some modern flair.

You've done great justice to my White Sox! I've really come around to the idea of the Sox bringing back the Tuscan "CHICAGO" wordmark for their road jerseys to shake things up a bit. I also really like the number style you used. It's not quite the same style from the Hitmen era, but it works really well nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

As Hawk Harrelson would say:

You can put it on the board... YES!

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

You've done great justice to my White Sox! I've really come around to the idea of the Sox bringing back the Tuscan "CHICAGO" wordmark for their road jerseys to shake things up a bit. I also really like the number style you used. It's not quite the same style from the Hitmen era, but it works really well nonetheless. 

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback. Glad you guys enjoy the White Sox!

Up next, are the Atlanta Braves! I love their current uniforms--I really do. But I love the color scheme they used during the 1970's... So, why not try and merge them together?

Logo package:

2c0cwo.png

I got something that I'm really happy with. The sock stripes come from their days in Milwaukee. The color scheme and piping (the pants stripe, mainly) comes from the 70's, as previously stated. The uniforms retain the triple piping, a uniform feature that distinctively belongs to the Braves--at least in recent times. The scripts and numbers are double outlined to match the piping.

There are two cap options: A cap with a white front, that is reminiscent of the caps worn by Hank Aaron during the time he hit his 715th home run to pass Babe Ruth. Also, there is a cap, which is essentially their current cap, just recolored with a lighter shade of blue.

Home uniform:

2hi9zqs.png

Away uniform:

t71x0o.png

Alternate uniform:

k3vw48.png

2ptavs7.png

This is a look that I feel like blends eras together in a way that can brighten and freshen an identity, while still looking sleek and modern.

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, just by changing their shade of blue, the Braves look like an entirely different team! Given that you emphasized navy for your Nationals concept, I think this was a smart decision. 

Yes, that was the main reason for doing so! Can't have them wear too similar of a color scheme.

13 hours ago, 16kid said:

Really liking the series. Sure will be weird seeing Under Armour on the fronts of MLB teams jerseys tho. 

Oh, yeah. It sure will be! Kind of weird to even make concepts with their logo on the chests, now. Hahaha.

11 hours ago, marlins2017 said:

Chicago: Very well done! I really like the Tuscon font om the road uniform.

Braves: I love the piping on all of the uniforms! Well done!

Thanks, man! I appreciate the feedback!

We are officially a third of the way through this MLB series with the next team: The Oakland Athletics! A team that was an original founding member of the American League in 1901, when they called Philadelphia home.

Logo package:

107mixl.png

I enjoy their current color scheme of forest green and "gold." However, I LOVE their old color scheme of kelly green and "gold" more!

The secondary white elephant logo is the sleeve patch on all jerseys. All four jerseys feature piping on the jerseys, a nod to uniforms they wore a few years after moving to Oakland from Kansas City. The socks are the classic pattern previously worn by them, and feature their trademark yellow sanitary socks.

The home whites have "A's" on the left of the jersey front, features yellow lettering and numbers, with a thick green outline to maximize legibility. This is a nod to uniforms worn by the A's in the 70's.

297xhy.png

The road grey uniforms have a slight green-ish tint to them. "Oakland" stays on the front.

2vm663m.png

The home alternate jersey is still "gold." However, "Athletics" is now on the alternates, contrary to them having the "A's" logo on the front like they do now.

1zfo4fr.png

The kelly green alternates are to be worn both on the road and also at home. Simple and straightforward.

ixtjt5.png

9tcuq1.png

Kelly green and yellow is a beautiful color scheme. I feel like it is a way to brighten up the identity, and refresh things a little bit.

I love the A’s. Reminds me of the old Ricky Henderson days, which is great. I like that you didn’t add blue or red to the Sox, like many others on here maybe would have. The Sox have a jumbled mess for a uniform history and I really think the black and white is best for them. 

Braves also look good.

23 hours ago, csura999 said:

Wow, guys! Super humbled... This is awesome.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate it so much, guys. It makes me just want to keep posting and showing off everything I have done!

Next team up, are the South Siders... The Chicago White Sox!

Logo package:

wb29ac.png

I love their current logos and uniforms. After so many changes (many very  drastic), and using so different  color  schemes over the years, starting in 1991 (with the exception of few games late in 1990), the White Sox have finally found a color scheme and look that works for them. I wanted to keep that the same.

The uniforms feature a new number font to better match ones they have used in the past, and to better match the new font on the road jerseys. Also brought back in to the mix are the old sock stripes from the "Go-Go Sox" era, just in the current colors.

The home whites remain the same--except the number font, and adding the "Sox Diamond" patch. I absolutely love these uniforms, and wanted to make some minor tweaks that to me, would perfect them.

a1oaxx.png

The number font is a nice change of pace, but seems a little bit too bold of a stroke.  If they were a little bit thinner, it would probably help the visibility.

Thanks for all the comments again! I appreciate all this feedback! This is awesome, guys.

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

The number font is a nice change of pace, but seems a little bit too bold of a stroke.  If they were a little bit thinner, it would probably help the visibility.

I feel ya, man. I can definitely see where you're coming from, which brings me to the next thing...

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love the A's and Braves but not digging the fancy numbers on the White Sox. I think they clash with gothic Sox. The gothic Sox is the pie and block numbers are more like the scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

... when I post other concepts after I finish off the other 30, I will definitely upload another White Sox concept with the standard MLB Block number font! With a thinner stroke, as well!

Up next, are the Milwaukee Brewers!

Logo package:

2niqhib.png

One day, I went by Lake Michigan on a sunny day, and it was a beautiful shade of blue, that had a green-ish tint to it. Thought to myself, "man, that would be a great color for a team to use." So here we arrive at what would be one of the most unique shades of blue in sports--"Lake Michigan Blue." A bold shade of yellow compliments the blue.

The primary logo takes a logo most Brewers fans love, the "ball in glove" logo, and the barley from the current cap logo, and are merged in a primary/cap logo that is distinctively, Milwaukee.

One of Milwaukee's nicknames is the "Cream City." The Milwaukee Bucks recently jumped on the opportunity to utilize this and add cream to their color scheme when they unveiled their new uniforms, recently. This would be a great time for the Brewers to finally jump on the opportunity to do so, as well--cream is now a part of their color scheme, too.

The 1993 uniform scripts to me, are the best in franchise history to me, so they make their return! The piping on all of the uniforms feature barley striping on the sleeves and pants--unique, but still falls within a traditional style of piping on a baseball uniform. The "barrelman" (Owgust) returns as a sleeve patch as well.

The home uniforms are now a cream color. This uniform should look stunning under sunlight, especially.

2j1lh5e.png

The road grey uniforms finally have "Milwaukee" across the front--something that hasn't been the case since 1999.

2rnho2d.png

The throwback alternate is a straight throwback from the 1982 American League Champions. Pullovers, sansabelts--everything. Will be worn Friday home games, per usual. The batting helmet will be correct, as well.

2rnd6vr.png

The "Lake Michigan Blue" alternate will be worn on the road, as well as in front of the fans at Miller Park. This uniform should look great under the natural sunlight, in particular as well. This would be a very unique jersey I feel, like.

33w6slt.png

vqrl.png

That shade of blue is magnificent. It fits the Brewers perfectly! 

My only critique is that the Barrelman doesn't work well on the home jersey because it disappears into the sleeve. Maybe use the BiG logo on the sleeve instead?

Archived