MLB by Under Armour

csura999

20 hours ago, 16kid said:

Yes!!! I love the subtle changes on both. The sleeve stripes on the Cubs really make the blues pop, and you brought a more classic but more apealing look for the Cubbies. With the Yankees it wasn’t a no brainer. Removing the white outline on the road script is a great idea.

Potential Yankees alternate idea. Is to make a cream jersey to mimick the home whites. Similar to those Current Twin alternate beauty’s 

Actually am going to post a concept of that when I finish up, here! I love that idea, actually--maybe they can wear that Wednesday day games, or something.

Up next, are the San Diego Padres.

Logo package:

10rmjgi.png

They have had many different  color  schemes  throughout  their  history, but my favorite has always been brown and yellow. Not the gaudy stuff they wore from 1976 until 1984--but rather their uniforms from their first three seasons from 1969-1971.

I love the piping they used a few years back--double piping on the sleeves, and placket piping and color piping, so those are brought back and used on all jerseys. The socks are inspired by ones worn previously worn by them in 1969. But just with two stripes (to match the jersey and pants piping) instead of three stripes.

The home whites have "Padres" across the front. Nothing fancy: With a color scheme as unique as brown and yellow, you want your uniforms to be simple and let the color scheme be the star of the show.

xlavlw.png

The road greys have a slight yellow-ish hue to them--a nod to the inaugural uniform set they wore. A no-frills, no-nonsense "San Diego" is worn across the chest--this font matches the number font. The road font in this manner is a nod to the 1998 team that won a National League pennant.

2s6wn6b.png

The yellow jersey is a simple recolor of the home whites--this will be worn with a brown cap that also features a yellow squatchee and brim. This will be worn exclusively at Petco Park.

1109dzr.png

The other alternate jersey is brown, with the interlocking "SD" over the heart, and also features yellow numbers and lettering. Simple, but bold.

28jwh29.png

fbb1bb.png

When a majority of people think of the San Diego Padres wearing brown and yellow, they think of the obnoxious, gaudy uniforms worn by them for years in the 70's and 80's, and not the gorgeous uniform set they wore their first three years of operation.

Here, I wanted to give the Padres a color scheme they can and SHOULD still own. I wanted to make a timeless uniform set for the Friars in their best known color scheme!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's safe to say if the Padres adopted those uniforms in a year or two, they'd be the best look they've ever worn. Superb! 

I'm undecided if the brown alt needs some white trim somewhere. The white really helps the "Padres" script pop on the yellow alt, and it might help the monogram logo do the same. 

3 hours ago, csura999 said:

Actually am going to post a concept of that when I finish up, here! I love that idea, actually--maybe they can wear that Wednesday day games, or something.

Up next, are the San Diego Padres.

Logo package:

10rmjgi.png

They have had many different  color  schemes  throughout  their  history, but my favorite has always been brown and yellow. Not the gaudy stuff they wore from 1976 until 1984--but rather their uniforms from their first three seasons from 1969-1971.

I love the piping they used a few years back--double piping on the sleeves, and placket piping and color piping, so those are brought back and used on all jerseys. The socks are inspired by ones worn previously worn by them in 1969. But just with two stripes (to match the jersey and pants piping) instead of three stripes.

The home whites have "Padres" across the front. Nothing fancy: With a color scheme as unique as brown and yellow, you want your uniforms to be simple and let the color scheme be the star of the show.

xlavlw.png

The road greys have a slight yellow-ish hue to them--a nod to the inaugural uniform set they wore. A no-frills, no-nonsense "San Diego" is worn across the chest--this font matches the number font. The road font in this manner is a nod to the 1998 team that won a National League pennant.

2s6wn6b.png

The yellow jersey is a simple recolor of the home whites--this will be worn with a brown cap that also features a yellow squatchee and brim. This will be worn exclusively at Petco Park.

1109dzr.png

The other alternate jersey is brown, with the interlocking "SD" over the heart, and also features yellow numbers and lettering. Simple, but bold.

28jwh29.png

fbb1bb.png

When a majority of people think of the San Diego Padres wearing brown and yellow, they think of the obnoxious, gaudy uniforms worn by them for years in the 70's and 80's, and not the gorgeous uniform set they wore their first three years of operation.

Here, I wanted to give the Padres a color scheme they can and SHOULD still own. I wanted to make a timeless uniform set for the Friars in their best known color scheme!

I like SD in brown, but it may require the retro hat with yellow front panel....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Next up, are the Minnesota Twins--a mainstay in the American League since 1961 after they moved from Washington.

Logo package:

10nw7yf.png

The color scheme often gets changed, because the Indians, a division rival have the same color scheme. I like navy and red for the Twins, a lot. It has too much tradition behind it to change it. To me, anyways. The color scheme has been used for almost 60 years, now.

They recently added "Kasota Gold" to their home uniforms and red home alternate, and I am not a fan of it. So that is dropped... I get that it ties in with Target Field, but it just muddies up their look. Also dropped that road cap they added a few years back with the red squatchee and red brim--another Indians-esque element is dropped.

The home whites go back to what they recently wore. A lot of people see this uniform, and think of the Metrodome--which is understandable. However, I seen a uniform that made a seamless transition from under the "Teflon Sky," to under the natural light, outdoors.

1z2q1qa.png

The road greys retain the cursive "Minnesota" across the front. But in a nod to their previous road uniforms, the script is now red and outlined in navy. No road pinstripes, here--but I heavily considered it.

2qco7mc.png

The home alternates are the gorgeous throwbacks they have been wearing since moving in to Target Field. To me, the cream color of this jersey ties in to the use of Limestone way better than "Kasota Gold," any day. Just a terrific uniform.

dvfqeo.png

The last alternate, is a navy jersey, with red piping and has "Twins" across the front. This is to be worn both on the road, and also at home. Always was a fan of their old navy alternates.

zv4fuv.png

e99i53.png

I appreciate the feedback, guys! Appreciate it!

On 3/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, coco1997 said:

The Twins are really solid. I like the red script on the road jersey.

I'm curious now if you'll change the color scheme for the Indians.

I tweaked it slightly. There is an emphasis on red more than navy blue.

Next up, are the Colorado Rockies. One of two expansion teams added by MLB in 1993.

Logo package:

2drypmb.png

The Rockies' uniform set and logos have basically been the same (with the exception of road  uniform changes) since their inaugural season. I think it is a bit dated, and not very cohesive with a black vested jersey (horrible), and a purple alternate that has no piping on it. I definitely wanted to change that.

I wanted to clean up their look a bit, so I dropped black from the color scheme, and rolled with just purple and silver. The primary logo got updated with the new font, and new color scheme. The secondary logo is simply the new cap logo. The Rockies' cap color goes to purple, and will be worn with all their uniforms.

The home uniforms retain "Rockies" across the front. Purple pinstripes will stay. That is a uniform feature that is unique to Colorado.

5nrm7l.png

The road greys retain their current placket and sleeve piping, but have "Colorado" updated in the new font across the front.

6oom4p.png

The home alternates are something the Rockies have never worn: A white home jersey sans pinstripes! This is a very, very clean look. This jersey will be worn during Sunday home games.

30bcvmb.png

Colorado will retain their purple alternates, however it will feature silver placket piping (unlike the current which feature no piping) which ties the uniform in to the rest of their new uniform set. These will be worn both on the road, at home--at home they will be paired with the home alternate pants.

281rhbm.png

zx3csm.png

The Rockie,s with these new uniforms will definitely own the color purple in Major League Baseball. I wanted to freshen up their current uniform set, and I feel like I did just that.

Beautiful job with the Rockies! I LOVE those new wordmarks (huge improvement over their current ones) and it's always a great idea to drop the black. The only part I'm not a fan of is the silver wordmarks and numbers on the purple alternate.

@coco1997 Thanks, man! I tried white wordmarks and numbers with a silver outline on the purple alternates, and it just looked... off to me. Hahaha. But I can always mock it up for you down the road!

@marlins2017 I alternated the home uniform between the pinstripes and home alternate, but stuck with the pinstripes ultimately because that's been their staple: Purple pinstripes at home, you know?

The next team up: Tampa Bay! In this series, they are rebranded as the Stingrays.

Logo package:

9zo7j7.png

I always thought "Devil Rays" was a silly name--silly uniforms to boot. Felt that "Rays" was too bland... The latter being named after a ray of sunshine, but yet still have a stingray patch on their sleeves, and a stingray touch tank in the outfield concourse--complete mess of an identity.

However, the second uniform set the Devil Rays wore utilized dark green. It looked great (sleeved and sleeveless jerseys)! I wanted to get rid of yet another blue-centric team... ... So I brought back dark green, and also brought in light green, and yellow as a trim color to compliment it. The team names, and numbers on all uniforms feature two yellow lines to bring a splash of color to the uniforms and make them visually more interesting.

Bright colors ought to brighten up Tropicana Field a bit more!

The home whites are simple, and feature triple piping (all jerseys do). "Stingrays" grazes the front of the jersey. The dark green cap with a lime green squatchee and brim pair with the home whites.

29zu9us.png

The road greys have a slight green tint to them, and have "Tampa Bay" across the front. An all green cap is to be worn with these on the road.

4gm2dl.png

The home alternates are a recolored version of the home whites. These will not be worn a lot (maybe to save retinas, a bit... Lol), but just enough as this is a very unique jersey, and will really brighten up Tropicana Field.

4hp4br.png

The dark green alternates are primarily an away alternate--thus why they have "Tampa Bay" across the front, but they also have the choice to wear them at home, as well.

331fuok.png

b85q2c.png

A bit of a drastic change to the now-Tampa Bay Stingrays, but this is a nice change of pace for their uniforms. Yes, the uniforms are a bit bold--but they don't have the tradition of the Yankees, Dodgers, or the Cardinals--however, they are an expansion team from 1998, and can afford to be a bit, loud. So that's what I went for.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Wow, you've topped yourself yet again! I've never really cared for the "Stingrays" moniker for Tampa Bay, but you've found a way to make it work. Those two shades of green look amazing together. So much better than their bland current identity. 

Thanks guys! I have to admit, when I was getting ready to post those, I was like, "man, people are going to really love this, or hate this. Nothing in between..." Hahaha. Glad it's the former from you three!

21 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Omg I love the stingrays, it looks really cool, and the Rockies is a big improvement, the series is going much better than I originally predicted (no offense) glad you keep blessing us with such great concepts 

None taken! Heck, I'm happy with how this series is going. Lol! Super cool to get the feedback that I have been getting. Makes it a lot of fun to post my concepts for you guys!

The Pittsburgh Pirates are the next team up.

Logo package:

2vsjgn7.png

The primary logo goes back to a pirate. There is a keystone in the pirate's beard, for the state of Pennsylvania being called the "Keystone State." This logo graces the sleeve patch of the two alternate jerseys. The stars by the "P" on the primary logo's hat are a nod to the "Stargell Stars" worn by the Pirates in the 1970's.

The socks go back to their classic three stripe pattern, and will be worn with every uniform. The home and away jerseys go back to being vests. Roberto Clemente, and Bill Mazeroski would be proud. Always loved this look for Pittsburgh.

The vests are THE uniform style I still think of when I think of the Pirates. Not that gaudy stuff they wore during the "We  Are  Family" era. The primary home and away jerseys do not have a sleeve patch because, well--they don't have sleeves. Not a fan of putting patches on what is essentially an undershirt.

2100lmr.png

2prfujc.png

The first alternate is a yellow jersey, complete with a matching yellow cap that features a black squatchee and brim.

t00rwx.png

The second alternate is basically their current black alternate sans white outlines--which really cleans the look up. The cap they currently wear with their current black jersey is pointless, so I made the jersey now match their iconic cap. Very clean look and more legible, as well. This can be worn both on the road, and also at home.

n2fnrp.png

2jeh3c.png

The two alternates are sleeved, because personally, I just don't care for colored vest jerseys. The Rockies currently do it, and it looks awful.

The Pirates have an awesome color scheme, and I had a lot of fun making this uniform set for the Bucs.

Archived