The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

qTdZEiJ.png

O2T9rsU.png sz3lVU4.png

HN8xmKl.png aZJyjwV.png

Football - Our first dip into the Fun Belt in a hot minute. Basically turned the T logo into the stripe throughout the uniforms. Stuck with one helmet, cardinal, with the T logo as well as the sword stripe down the middle of the helmet. No more chrome. Jerseys have the stripes on the arms, TROY on the chest above the number. White and grey jerseys have colored sleeve caps to fit the stripes. Pants have the same treatment, cardinal pants have just the stripe, white and grey have a colored stripe to fit the stripe. 

Hockey - Fun fact: Troy has a hockey team. Unfun fact: It's not affiliated with Troy University. So for these uniforms, a lot of the same conventions apply. Stripes around the arms and the hems, T logo on the chests of all 3 uniforms. Stripe down the sides of the one pair of pants, and on the socks. As is with football, the white and grey uniforms do things a little different. White jerseys do things like the Canucks white uniforms do things, with the ends of the sleeves colored in Cardinal. Alternate grey uniforms flip the sleeves and do things closer to how the Penguins do things. 

Baseball - To start with, only one hat, like football, all cardinal with the T logo. If you've gathered the pattern so far, the white and grey do things differently. Faux-vest look for those two with the stripes. Other than that, not a lot changes from uniform to uniform. Trojans on all 3 uniforms. I also went with stripless pants, the sword didn't workout how I wanted it to. Stripes on the single pair of socks. 

Basketball - To close us out, the basketball uniforms keep things simple, with single color stripes around the armholes and neck, and the bottom of the shorts. Sword on the sides, white and grey do their thing. Trojans on the home and alt, Troy on the road. T logo on the front of the waistband 

C&C always appreciated!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The 2 jerseys I bought for my son has the NW stripes.  1 white and 1 red. I remember when Charlie Strong came in he got rid of the disaster unis from Kragthorpe and went with those unis. I think we has trying to copy a little from Florida, where he was last. And to this date, these and Schnellenberger's unis are still far superior. I still don't know why my son became a UofL fan. But I support them, until they play UK or if they were to play OK State, mainly for him.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Kvj9xAW.png

n0GGAaX.pngMuUUBpv.png

L0vhGm8.pngWmkpnR4.png

Football - Not sold on Toldeo (and Bowling Green) borrowing Boise State's uniforms, but that's none of their faults for Nike putting the design in the catalog. Anyways. Actually ended up using a look from Toldeo's uniform past and the club hockey team with the offset striping. Helmets really don't change, rocket logo on the sides of the navy and white helmets. Jerseys have the aforementioned stripes on the sleeves, nothing fancy. I actually felt that the old West Virginia font worked for their numbers, so I added a cut on the inside counters of the number to get it to match the ones in the logo. Pants have the UT logo on the front hip, same stripe on the sides, that ends in a point going big at the bottom to small up near the hip. Didn't like the yellow helmet, so I went with a yellow facemask option. 

Hockey - Like I mentioned, used a look from the club team, so not a lot changes here from a base jersey perspective. Toledo logo on the chest of the home and away, UT on the shoulders. Stripes on the arms and the hem. Socks match their jerseys, pant stripe mirrors football. Yellow jersey doesn't change a lot, save for the Rockets script that I found and loved with the rocket forming the crossbar on the T. 

Baseball - A lot here is the same, with the same stripes on the sleeves of the jerseys, pointy stripe on the pants, this time at the bottom of the pants and going up to the knee. Hats have the UT on the front of them, on either a navy hat or a tricolor hat. Instead of using the Toledo script from the logo, I tried coming up with wordmarks that match the feel of the logo script but are more usable and balanced. So you get the Rockets on the home and Toledo on the navy. Rockets script on the alternate yellows. 

Basketball - Finally, a lot of the same stays the same here, with the same stripes around the neck and the arms. New wordmarks on the chest of all three jerseys, Rockets on the home and Toledo on the away and alternate. Solid waistband, full Toledo logo on the front. Same stripe around the bottom of the shorts, with the stripe from the front coming up to a point on the sides of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

shQQh6E.png

If you can believe it, the Vols are the last Power 5 team on the list. It's crazy to think about that, after how long this project has been rambling on. 

qowtpbL.png kgXgB39.png

qbzBUX0.png 0J0VQ8C.png

Football - I categorize the Volunteers 2015 rebrand as a pretty damn near perfect example of modernizing a classic look. I don't agree with the recent changes to the football uniforms, but it doesn't wreck their uniforms IMO. Anyways, I basically returned things back to 2015. Helmet regained the wide stripe with the checkerboard on the back. Power T on the sides. Uniforms were going to get something on the sleeves, but ultimately it didn't add anything of value so the jerseys stayed pretty blank. Pants also regained the checkerboard stripe, Power T on the front hip. Alternates: revived the Smokey Grey's with some changes made. Not on the helmets, those basically stayed the same. Jerseys lose their darker shoulders, and get the same pattern from the helmet added to the sleeves. Darkened the base grey so the orange stands out a lot more. Pants are a recolor of the other set. 

Hockey - Really went with what made the most sense. Stripes down the arms ending with the checkerboard, solid stripe around the hem line. Power T on the chest of all 3. White helmets for the home and road with Vols on the side. Pants mirror hockey pretty much, socks match the hems on the home and away. Smokey Grey alternates see the sleeve stripes go away in favor of the mountain design, with a splash of orange up underneath the number. Pants are black, so as to break up a little of the monotony of the all grey and could be used with the home and away if so desired. Socks pretty much match the sleeves. 

Baseball - Again, kept things simple and didn't really need to change much. Orange headgear for the normal rotation, power T front and center. Jerseys are basically the same thing as IRL, just with the added placket piping on the jerseys. VOLS script on both the home and away uniforms. Pants all have the checkerboard stripes down the sides. Smokey Grey alts work a lot like football. I think you can figure that out without me saying it. 

Basketball - As is the case with football and baseball, I didn't really have a bone to pick with the uniforms. The IRL jersey tops do feel a little unbalanced, so I added some trim to the arms to fix that. Tennessee on the chests of the home and away. Shorts have the checkerboard stripe down the side, colored waistband, power T on the front of the shorts. I fear I might have jumped the shark a little bit with the alternates. It's obviously gonna be Smokey Grey, but I kept the band across the chest on the front, but made it more of an implied stripe with the top and bottom being formed by the mountain range design, which works both directions as I found out. Shorts keep the same treatment with the checkerboard and waistband but have the mountains on the bottom of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

2oDfhbO.png

Lvem3RI.png Dk3DXzN.png

45D47Ht.png hlbdbKa.png

Football - I liked the change to what I guess are the old colors for ULM, including the newish branding. On the helmets, I kept the main one white, took off the stripe, ULM logo on the sides, red facemask. On the jerseys, the only real changes that get made are the change to WARHAWKS on the chests, a change to more traditional block numbers and I got rid of the contrasting cuffs. Pants are pretty blank, it made the most sense to me and looked the best IMO. Alternate helmet is red/garnet/cardinal? with a gold facemask with the same logo as the white helmet on the sides. 

Hockey - With no hockey team to cheat off of, I really just went with what I thought worked. The triple stripe from football worked really really well for hockey, and gives off a classic look that I think football set the tone for. Stripes around the arms and the hem (I need to find a new way to say that), ULM logo on the chest of the home and away jerseys. The main university logo actually worked really well as a roundel logo, so I took the EST date off and added WARHAWKS to the bottom and stuck it on the shoulders. Socks match the jerseys, pants are blank like the rest of them will be. Alternate jersey is a color swap, with the roundel becoming the chest logo. 

Baseball - Really kept things on brand here, headgear finds two options, all red with ULM or a tri color with ULM. Pullover jerseys for all three, contrasting colored collar, stripes on the arms. WARHAWKS on the chest of all three. They don't really seem to rely on the Louisiana-Monroe moniker for uniforms so I went with that. Striped garnet socks, white and gold pants for some razzle dazzle. 

Basketball - Basketball has three different things going on for uniforms currently, so that needed to change. I really just kept things simple. Thin stripes around the collar and the arms, WARHAWKS on the chest of the home and away. Solid color waistband, triple stripe around the bottom of the shorts, with the ULM logo on the sides. Alternate gold replaces Warhawks with the ULM logo and that really is about it

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

URj7oh7.png

vB4Hafu.png 1Dzcmo2.png

OLBO97S.png upt1UoJ.png

Football - Our final stop in the C-USA takes us to San Antonio. I really tried to get their new uniforms in here somehow, with the big bird heads on the sleeves. I just couldn't get it to work out. I returned the original helmet stripe to the helmet, where I think it is more befitting than just a single stripe. Roadrunner head stays on the sides. Orange facemask for both navy and white helmets. Jerseys have a Minnesota Wild-esque stripe that ends on the back with a feather type motif. UTSA on the chest of the 3 uniforms, complete with a new number font built off of the wordmarks, which in a way also matches the stripes. Pants have the UTSA-Texas logo on the front hip. Pant stripe is the same as the helmet stripe, with a bit of a swooping thing going on. 

Hockey - The last and only real photo I think I found of UTSA hockey had them wearing NY Islander uniforms. While similar to what I did here, definitely not the same. For starters, Rocky the Roadrunners' head is now the chest logo, with the rest of him working as a shoulder logo. Stripes on the hockey jerseys are the same as on the football sleeves, minus the feather pattern. I didn't like how it looked here for hockey. Socks match their jerseys. One pair of pants, Texas logo on the front, swooping stripe like football up the sides. Alternate jersey is a color swap, with the Texas logo becoming the main logo and Rocky's head moving up to the shoulders. 

Baseball - For a not entirely classic style, I think baseball ended up in the fairly classic realm. On the headgear, I took off the stacked UTSA from the real hats. I just felt that it was too much in the font style they use, so I went with Rocky on the two options. Jerseys are pretty classic baseball, until you look a little closer at the back of the sleeves, in which you'd find the feathering of the stripe. Went with the shortened Runners on the home white jersey, UTSA on the road and alternate jerseys. Full bodied Rocky up above the number. Pants have the same stripes as the other pants, minus the swooping effect. Navy and orange socks. 

Basketball - For basketball, our two stripe elements decided to work on different parts than on other uniforms. the pointed triple stripe moves up to the arms and neckline and runs around those lines, a lot like the NBA uniforms do, with seemingly random cut offs, which in this case worked out really well for what I was doing. UTSA on the home and away uniforms, Runners this time finds its way to the alternate orange. Pants get the feathery stripe on the bottom, on the front of the waistband with full bodied Rocky the Roadrunner.

C&C welcome!

On 10/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, Dan O'Mac said:

I love the Warhawks logo move to what they have now, that harkens back to the logo prior to the move from Indians. That said, that L-feather feels like a layup to use as a stripe on the pants.

I didn't even consider that, but now that you said it I can see it working. Had I gone with something a little more modern, but I feel like the L-feather would clash with the classic-esque style the uniforms present. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

r9uBw0X.png

PiC57iC.png yqHT997.png

Xwfw4sp.png s5U7Egr.png

Football - As is the case with the other two service academies, AFA has nice uniforms to begin with. I didn't feel the need to change much at all really. Helmets stay mostly the same, if not completely the same as IRL. Lightning bolt on sides of both the white and satin blue helmets. Thinner than normal stripe down the middle of both helmets. Like I said above, I thought that the uniforms already were pretty good, but I wish the jerseys just had something more. So I took the helmet stripe and ran it around the shoulders Colts style. AIR FORCE on the chest of all 3, above the numbers in the same font. American flag patch on one sleeve, division/unit(?) patch on the opposite sleeve. Pants pretty much match the helmet stripe-wise, AF logo on the front hip. 

Hockey - Realistically, I don't have a whole lot of issues with the AFA hockey jerseys in IRL, but unfortunately, those wouldn't work under this style. Helmet stripe migrates to hockey on the arms and around the shoulders, creating a phantom yoke effect. Got rid of the college hockey wordmark they currently use and just went with the AF logo. Just like football, Flag and Unit patches on the upper shoulder, right next to the collars. Pants match football pretty much exactly, socks match their respective jerseys. Alternate grey sees the AF replaced with USAFA Rangers-style. 

Baseball - Kept a lot from the first two teams and brought it here. Head gear is pretty straight forward, either all blue or white/blue with AF on the front. Home and away jerseys have either Falcons or Air Force in script on the chest above a smaller number. Patches on their respective sleeves. Pants have the thin stripes down the sides. Alternate greys go with the AF on the front and the number migrating to the opposite side. Blue socks for all three uniforms.

Basketball - In my research for these, they had grey jerseys with wings on the shorts, like how Oregon did things. They might be the Falcons, but I've never gotten a bird sense from Air Force. So I replaced that with the same stripe as everyone else in a pretty simple and classic basketball style, with stripes around the arms, neck, down the sides of the jersey to the bottom of the shorts. AIR FORCE on all three jerseys above the numbers. 

But wait. There's more:

mepplRo.png cjJTfXf.png

I wasn't sure at first about trying to tackle the Power Legacy uniforms, because like the Army-Navy game uniforms, they are almost always homeruns.  But I took on the Army-Navy game and I thought that I could at least try with Air Force. I used the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber as the inspiration for these. With that, comes a blackout uniform with lots of shades of grey. The stripes don't really change from the normal uniforms, except they curve and cut in certain places, reminiscent of some of the markings on actual bomber itself. 

Football - On the helmet, I went with the dreaded logo/number combo, with the low-visibility version of the 509th Bomb Wing patch, done for the overseeing unit of the B-2. On the helmet, there's a subtle outline of the bomber. Jersey has the mentioned stripes that act kinda funny, coming off the shoulders, across the chest. Full color patch on the sleeve. Grey numbers. Pants have a similarly done stripe. 

Hockey - Like football, we got stripes that look a little funny, with these coming down the sleeves and cutting back across the sleeve. Other than that, it's really just a blackout jersey for AF. 

Baseball - These ended up looking a little more traditional, with the stripe acting like a T-bar design on the sleeves. The pants do act different, a lot like the football pants, with the stripe cutting across the front of the pants. 

Basketball - Biggest changes here are the addition of the stripes above the wordmark on the front of the jersey and on the back, which moves the name down underneath the number. On the shorts, the stripes move up a little bit to accommodate the low-vis 509th patch

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

pYoVhZM.png

AaqsbEP.png IqRuoda.png

pPRMnV5.pngwbBrcAQ.png

Football - The first and only team I think in this project to make good use of teal and they do it well already, so how could I make it better? Well the first and only failure I had was trying out a teal helmet. It didn't work for football, and so it didn't make the cut. The helmet felt like it needed a stripe and thus, in walks the triple stripe on the white and black helmets. Chanticleer logo on the sides, black facemask on the black helmet, teal on the white helmet. Jerseys already felt somewhat classic, so I went with Colts style stripes on the shoulders, Coastal on the chest, back to a block number font. Pants are striped, similarly to their jersey counterparts. A multitude of socks and cleats options are also present. 

Hockey - Hockey already had a pretty decent set, making use of the Sharks uniforms that pretty well lend themselves to the color scheme. For these, I went with a combo of a classic hockey jersey, with a little bit of the Golden Seals mixed in, with stripes around the shoulders. Chanticleers logo on the front of the home and away jerseys. On the alternate black jersey, Rangers style COASTAL wordmark on the chest. Two options for pants, black with the stripes down the side, along with a teal set of pants with the same stripes down the sides. Black and white helmets. 

Baseball - This is the only team that gets a teal headgear option, which I felt was the only place that it really did work. All the headgear options have the C logo on the front. Other two options are a tri-color option and a black/teal option. Despite my personal aversion to pinstripes, I couldn't deny how good Coastal looked in pinstripes. So the white jersey is teal-pinstriped, with the same striping from football around the neck and the bottom of the sleeves. Coastal on the chest, number underneath that. Chanticleer logo on the back of the jersey above the number. Pants are either pinstriped white or solid white, all with the triple stripe down the side. Black and teal socks are the options for the legwarmers. 

Basketball - As is the case with the rest of them, a pretty simple and classic idea of a uniform, almost a Boston Celtics clone with a third color added. Triple stripes around the neck and arms of the jerseys. Coastal on the chests of all 3 jerseys above the number. Shorts have the stripe on the waistband and on the bottom of the shorts. C logo on the front of the waistband, Chanticleer logo on the sides of the shorts. Not really a whole lot else needs to be said I think. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

These are fantastic! The Chanticleers were the other team I was waiting for! Everything looks great on these. I definitely would buy a hockey jersey! My only tweak would be a black helmet for the teal home jersey. The color balance would work better especially with the black breezers. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 10/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, chcarlson23 said:

These are fantastic! The Chanticleers were the other team I was waiting for! Everything looks great on these. I definitely would buy a hockey jersey! My only tweak would be a black helmet for the teal home jersey. The color balance would work better especially with the black breezers. 

3SLUneg.png

that makes a lot more sense and looks a lot better. 

Since I'm here, I might as well post the next team: 

Vh6AEVk.png

wwsGbmF.png jSTOKi6.png

gXnP57B.png oo80atf.png

Football - Adidas gifted ECU this gorgeous pattern and new identity, and IMO, they could be using it a lot better than they are now. Helmets, basically stay the same. Only one purple option, with a gold facemask and a white helmet with a purple mask. Both have the ECU skull and crossbones on the sides. The pattern on the pants also comes included with a stripe design and I think that works better for the brand as a whole from a design standpoint. So on the jerseys, the pattern stripe goes on the sleeves. I restored the full East Carolina to the chest, instead of the ECU that has been there in the last few seasons. Kept the same number font. Pants now have the same stripe down the sides, rather than just the pattern elements. 

Hockey - The ECU club team needed some work. They got black Oilers-esque jerseys and white Canadiens-esque jerseys. Those don't work for me here, so lets fix that. Like I mentioned above about the pattern and the stripe, those work their way on to the sleeves and on the hems. I thought it would have been too much on the socks, but I tried it there anyways. Pants have the same stripe down the sides. Just one helmet option, purple. 

Baseball - Kept it simple and easy for baseball. Two purple hats, one all purple with ECU and one purple and gold with the skull logo on the front. Home and away jerseys are full-button downs, home has Pirates, away has ECU on the chest. Both with the stripes on the sleeves and single color placket piping. On the pants, just went with a single stripe, the pattern would be too complex. Alternate gold jersey is a two button pull over, with Pirates on the chest as well. Purple and gold socks are the options there. 

Basketball - The Lakers resemblance was mostly inadvertent. But it really just kinda happened. On the jerseys, going around the arms and neck with the pattern was going to be too complex. I went with single colors around the arms and neck in that case. Pattern stripe down the sides of the jerseys. Pirates on the home, stacked East Carolina on the road and ECU on the road. Shorts have a colored waistband, with the skull logo on the front in a colored square. Pattern stripe around the bottom of the shorts. ECU on the sides on the home and away shorts, state outline logo on the sides of the alternate shorts. 

C&C welcome! Guys, we only have two teams left in the regularly scheduled programing! If that isn't crazy, idk what is 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I love the ECU look. Top to bottom, this is a win. I love baseball caps with the different colored brim, especially when there's such a good contrast between the colors. That purple hat with the gold brim is great, and I think I'd prefer the gold brim on the other hat than the black brim.

I love how the yellow alts look white the purple and white stripe. The white really pops and looks so sharp. Beautiful striping pattern, is that something you created or an existing Adidas design? Either way it's executed perfectly, looks really unique, love the detail.

b91EoZm.png

l20iBPm.png Vi3n2UA.png

cERQoOa.png FHmQg0g.png

130/131ish. So close. 

Football - So I've never been one for an overly outlined logo, but this time the overabundance of outlines led to the inspiration for the stripes you'll see throughout the uniforms. For the helmets though, no stripes, blank shell with the Red Wolves logo on the sides. Red or black shell options with the opposite color facemask as the option there. Despite the Red Wolves name, I felt they looked better with the black uniforms being the primary home. Halved version of the new stripe on the sleeves. Changed up the font on the Arkansas State wordmark on the chest from Adidas' Half block font. Kept a number font that looks similar-ish to it. "A" logo from the stAte wordmark. Pants have the whole version of the new stripe down the sides. 

Hockey -  there's no hockey presence in Jonesboro, so I had a clean canvas to work with. So I went with stripes around the arms, the full version, halved version on the hem line and smaller instance of the halved version around the shoulder yokes, creating a phantom yoke. Socks got the full stripe. Due to the abundance of stripes, kept the pants stripeless in this case. 2 options there, red or black which also goes to helmets. All three jerseys have different logos. Home has the wolf logo, away has the stAte logo, and alternate has the Red Wolves wordmark. 

Baseball - Kept it pretty simple in all honestly. Like the other helmeted sports, two options both with the A logo on the front. 2 button pullovers for all three jerseys, all with the halved stripes on the sleeves. Arched "Red Wolves" wordmark on the home whites, stacked offset Arkansas State on the black jersey and the wolf head on the alternate reds. Like ECU, pants have a single color, simpler stripe. 2 options there, black and white. Socks are striped like their jerseys. 

Basketball - The Red Wolves have uniforms that have shoulder stripes similar to what I did for them, so that was just a matter of changing the stripes to match. Same wordmarks as baseball for the respective jerseys, save for the red jersey which uses the stAte wordmark. Shorts have the full stripes on the waistband, with a logo on the front there, and the halved stripes on the bottom of the shorts. Not a lot else to say here. 

C&C welcome!

On 10/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, jaytavo305 said:

I love how the yellow alts look white the purple and white stripe. The white really pops and looks so sharp. Beautiful striping pattern, is that something you created or an existing Adidas design? Either way it's executed perfectly, looks really unique, love the detail.

It's an adidas creation, but this how they use it: 

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.16.19 AM.png

Which I guess is unique for sure, but I felt that it could be done better. Their own style guide has it built into a stripe design, but they don't use it anywhere that I've seen and I think that is a stronger use than how they do it now. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived