The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

I love what you’ve been doing for the smaller schools!! But a few adjustments for the Flames would be to keep the navy idea the same. By that I mean keep the bird logo instead of the LU one. Like your baseball and basketball concepts. I’d like to see navy football set have the eagle logo on the helmet maybe, same with the hockey, to have the eagle as the crest instead of the LU. Otherwise it’s all really good!! I love the striping pattern.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I love what you’ve been doing for the smaller schools!! But a few adjustments for the Flames would be to keep the navy idea the same. By that I mean keep the bird logo instead of the LU one. Like your baseball and basketball concepts. I’d like to see navy football set have the eagle logo on the helmet maybe, same with the hockey, to have the eagle as the crest instead of the LU. Otherwise it’s all really good!! I love the striping pattern.

18 hours ago, CanucksFan said:

Liberty looks fantastic. One thing I noticed is that the crest on the hockey jerseys is really big. Other than that, very nice job!

Cn6PRQC.png

v3zL4wo.png

Added the navy helmet to the football rotation with the flaming eagle(?) on both sides. I couldn't decide on a facemask color at first but the red really stood out to me and I kept it red. On hockey, I shrunk the logos on the home and away uniforms and changed the crest to the flaming bird which I think is an eagle. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This one is bound to ruffle some fur: 

e8ZqAnz.png

sA1KCWP.png tOx0E3G.png

s9B3TOU.png FCZcMJe.png

My biggest complaint with the recent Pitt redesign was not the new font. It was not the new Cathedral stripe, which I am a big fan of BTW. It was the colors. I don't have a personal complaint against them, I just prefer the navy/old gold to the royal and yellow. Also, Pitt was definitely not up next, but I felt given the timing of their release, I'd tackle them. Let's jump in: 

Football - In all honesty, the unveil of the new uniforms really didn't deviate my designs for Pitt much at all. Two helmets, one old gold, one navy. Both have the cursive Pitt logo on both sides. Originally, the stripe existed without the cathedral elements to it, but they dropped that on me, so I made it the cathedral stripe. For the jerseys, I went with the striping pattern from the now previous set of jerseys that also has historical roots with Pitt. I kept the cathedral font because I think it's unique and it's better than the previous font. New Panther logo at the base of the collar. Pants were similar to the helmet, now have the cathedral stripe. Now I wasn't going to completely rid Pitt of the blue/yellow. It's obviously important to them so it wasn't gonna go away. For the blue/yellow alternates, I didn't just throw it back, I kept a lot of the modern aspects, but made the cathedral stripe the focal point. 

Hockey - Hockey takes on much of the same elements as the football uniforms have. Home and away have the double stripes on the sleeves and the hems, with the scripty Pitt on the chest. Panther logo on the shoulders. Navy and Gold options for helmets. Cathedral stripe down the pants. The alternates focus on the cathedral stripe, eliminated the double stripe in favor of it. Yellow helmet. The club team at Pitt makes use of both blue and yellow pants so I figured an imaginary Div 1 team could too. 

Baseball - The baseball team gets a similar treatment as well. On the home whites, full (new?) Panthers script. Double stripes on the sleeves, Panther logo up near the back of the collar. Away navy jerseys switch the Panthers script out for the Pitt script instead. One hat/helmet combo: navy hat, gold bill with the standalone P logo on the front panel.  Pants have the cathedral stripe down the side, double stripes on the navy socks.  For the alternate, navy/gold gives way to royal/yellow, double stripe gives way to full time cathedral stripes. Pitt script on the chest. Put it on a v neck pullover. Pants have the recolored cathedral stripe, royal socks also have the cathedral stripes. 

Basketball - For basketball, the double stripes weren't going to work on the jerseys, unless they were a side panel which didn't look appealing to me. Plus the IRL Pitt Women's basketball team uses the cathedral stripe as the trim on the jerseys which I think both teams should have made use of. But anyways, here the jerseys get the cathedral stripes as the neck and arm trim. Like baseball, Panthers on the home, Pitt on the away. For the shorts, I used the cathedral stripe on the waistband and the double stripe on the legs of the shorts. Alternate uses much of the same things, but drops the double stripes for a side panel of the cathedral stripe instead. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I absolutely agree on colors! Yes athletic gold and royal blue stand out, but they don't look as good. For basketball I'd go with a gold/yellow alt instead if royal blue. I like the idea that if they were at a tournament as a 7/8 seed they can take one uniform and not worry about clashing with other teams. Then bring navy blue as the backup. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I absolutely agree on colors! Yes athletic gold and royal blue stand out, but they don't look as good. For basketball I'd go with a gold/yellow alt instead if royal blue. I like the idea that if they were at a tournament as a 7/8 seed they can take one uniform and not worry about clashing with other teams. Then bring navy blue as the backup. 

m2wPQmN.png

Fair enough. I actually think they wore yellow retro alts this past season. I think those actually work better than the royal blues do. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I'm definitely not trying to distract you from the Pitt uniforms, which if you guys have anything still to say about those, feel free. But with Baylor and WVU also doing a brand refresh IRL, I figured I could do the same here: 

1hTAxJu.png Z7CsGOd.png

The original is on the left. No change there. The new one on the right uses the new colors Baylor debuted, along with all the updated logos and the new font. I also swapped the black uniform for a new athletic gold alternate.

2pOxQht.png JvArCqT.png

WVU doesn't see as radical a change. Simply swapped the fonts out. 

Let me know what you guys think about Pitt as well as if you want to see the rest of the Baylor/WVU 2.0 sets!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to The 1972 Project: Pitt/Baylor 2.0 + WVU 2.0

So I guess the 2.0 ideas weren't a huge hit, but nevertheless this is a train that keeps on rolling! (hint hint)

LnYk8ox.png

N0iavTY.png 5H70iEk.png

r0ittGg.png kNxOVCv.png

Football - I love the cowcatcher design! I think it's unique, definitely fits the brand and made this pretty easy for me when unifying Purdue's sports. Football changes the least I think, just with a few minor tweaks. The gold helmet stays mostly the same  IIRC, with a wide stripe and the P logo on both sides. And as much as I like the trolley tracks helmet stripe, I just didn't feel as though it fit with the overall feel of the uniforms so I changed it out for a gold stripe on the alternate black helmet. Jerseys now have contrasting cowcatcher designs on the shoulders. kept the newer font around, again thought it fit well. One thing I noticed around Purdue message boards/Twitter is that the current grey uniforms aren't a big hit. So I tweaked those to I think fit the brand a bit more. Gave them a shoulder yoke basically with two-color cowcatcher design. 

Hockey - For hockey, the sleeve stripes probably would remind you of a love child between the Vegas Golden Knights and Detroit Red Wings. Both the home and away jersey have the primary P logo on the chest, cowcatcher on the shoulders. Black and gold helmets for the team's choice on any given night. Pants are black and black alone with a solid stripe down the side. Alternate works much in the same way football's does, with a colored shoulder yoke and this time with the Boilermaker logo. 

Baseball - A bit more modern for a baseball uniforms but keeping it on brand. I tried vest jerseys for these but it just didn't work like I wanted it to, so I resorted to V-neck pullovers. Cowcatcher design on the shoulders, solid color stripe on the sleeves. BOILERS on the home white jersey, which does have some IRL precedent. Purdue on both the road blacks and alternate jerseys. Boilermaker logo on the back up near the collar. full complement of pants colors: black, white and alternate greys. All 3 come with black striped socks. 

Basketball - For the basketball Boilers, much of the same from the previous unis come to the hardwood. Swapped out the stripes on the shoulders for the cowcatcher design and put the solid stripe on the sides of the jerseys and shorts. P logo on the front of all 3 of the shorts' waistbands. Boilermaker logo on the shorts leg. I used the persepctive'd Purdue logo on all three of the jerseys. It just looked better than the wordmarks I used on the baseball jerseys. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I really like the cow catcher design for Purdue but it looks a little awkward for baseball, maybe  you can have it at the end of the sleeves? I would also either get rid of the grey set entirely or instead of having the cow catcher, try that railroad pattern instead, which I think looks just as good. The reason being that the black and gold look awkward against the grey across all the uniforms. Maybe get rid of the black inside of the gold and make it grey. Or just replace it with the cow catcher like I suggested

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/24/2019 at 1:54 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I really like the cow catcher design for Purdue but it looks a little awkward for baseball, maybe  you can have it at the end of the sleeves? I would also either get rid of the grey set entirely or instead of having the cow catcher, try that railroad pattern instead, which I think looks just as good. The reason being that the black and gold look awkward against the grey across all the uniforms. Maybe get rid of the black inside of the gold and make it grey. Or just replace it with the cow catcher like I suggested

VNpZomD.png

So I don't have the rest of the slate done yet. I wanted to see if this idea was a step in the right direction, or a step backwards. So a gold jersey still looks bleh with the old gold so it's going to stay grey. This time I replaced the cowcatcher entirely with the train tracks design on the sleeve caps as well as the helmet and the pants. Not sure what I'm going to do with baseball as of yet, but I want to see what reaction this would get. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:11 AM, BellaSpurs said:

That looks much better, although I’m not the biggest fan of a gloss finish on helmets, the shiny gold would got to be gone if it were my concept but I don’t mind it tbh. The tracks looks much better though, definitely a step up

YwbQchV.png Ds33f0U.png

doKGbp8.png mKlKKtV.png

No worries on the chrome gold on the helmet. Just thought I'd try it out. Anyways, made that helmet full on matte black. Hockey gets the change, kept the shoulders black, thought it looked better. Baseball gets more than that. I didn't change the cowcatcher by getting rid of it, I made it tonal, similar to the IRL football uniforms. the alternate gets a football alt vibe. Basketball gets a more hockey alt vibe, with the shoulders staying black and getting the train tracks down the sides. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to The 1972 Project: Purdue Update
5 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Yeah, with Purdue being in Indiana, I would assume they wouldn't step on the toes of Notre Dame.

But they have. I don't like their chrome because it hides the logo. 

14 hours ago, walkerws said:

But they have. I don't like their chrome because it hides the logo. 

Agreed, there's an acceptable limit to chrome on helmets in my opinion but yes, their gold chrome helmet is awful. 

11 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Hmmm. Seeing as it is now the month of May. Are the Indiana teams (Purdue, Indiana, Butler) going to get a "500" alternate

Well I hadn't considered it but probably not. the only sports that would really get a chance to wear it in May would be baseball.

Also just a general announcement, I only plan on doing FBS teams + University of Idaho because they were FBS when I technically started the project.  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Agreed, there's an acceptable limit to chrome on helmets in my opinion but yes, their gold chrome helmet is awful. 

Well I hadn't considered it but probably not. the only sports that would really get a chance to wear it in May would be baseball.

Also just a general announcement, I only plan on doing FBS teams + University of Idaho because they were FBS when I technically started the project.  

Fair enough. Just figured id ask

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm back. I apologize for the extended absence, but I've had a pretty :censored:ty last few days. Boise State felt that my graphic design skills weren't strong enough to permit me to continue my graphic design degree so I've been unofficially placed in the transfer portal unless something changes drastically. I'm upset and very confused as to how this happened, but I can't dwell on it, just have to keep moving forward.

Now that I've totally killed the mood, let's check out the other Miami: 

145bA4a.png

IYCVosP.png dhP8Tfc.png

KQEwnOF.png mut2t31.png

I was a big fan of the newest uniforms they unveiled IIRC in 2016 with the stripes running down the shoulders. It was pretty simple figuring out where to go from there. Overall, it was a simpler than most uniform set, but is there really anything wrong with that? 

Football - To kick us off, the football team really doesn't deviate from existing uniforms. Two helmets: white and red, both with a stripe down the middle of the helmet. M logo on both sides. I used silver minimally as a trim color, which is the color of the red helmet's facemask. For the jerseys, rather than go down the shoulders, the stripes go back on the sleeve caps with the M logo smack dab in the middle of the sleeves. MIAMI wordmark on the chest, new font better matches the wordmark. Pants are just as simple, with a wide stripe with the M logo on the hip. 

Hockey - A bit Red Wing-ish, but that was a bit unavoidable with the newly established motif. Wide stripes on the hem and the sleeves, with the M logo on the sleeve stripes. As such, the numbers move to the shoulders. Pants are wide striped with the M logo at the bottom of the stripe. Socks have the wide stripe as well. 

Baseball - As simple as I felt they could have been, these follow along with the rest of the uniforms. Big stripes on the sleeves with the M's on the stripes, you get it by now. MIAMI wordmark on the chest with the numbers underneath them. Two colors of hats and helmets. Pants have the same wide stripe down the side. 

Basketball - To wrap us all up here, the basketball uniforms really aren't much different. Single color trim around the neck and arms, MIAMI wordmarks on the chest. Colored in the waistband and wide stripe down near the bottom of the shorts with the M logo on the side in the stripe. 

Simple, Easy and I want to hear what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to The 1972 Project: Miami (OH )Redhawks

I’m so sorry ab what happened with Boise St. I wish you good luck in the portal.

Btw You knocked Miami out of the park, so far that it hit a car three blocks away. The only criticism I have is the gradient silver is interesting considering the whole look revolves around Red and White. But every other aspect looks fantastic. Those basketball are definitely top 3 that you’ve made so far!

3YCQJRO.png

Archived