The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

22 hours ago, Section30 said:

I would remove the arched Texas on the hockey jerseys and shrink the logo a bit. The Longhorn logo is iconic enough to stand alone on the jersey, and right now it is being crammed with the arched Texas. The logo is also really big right now. Other than that this is a good, simple look that Texas should have.

XZSRmGL.png

Took the arced Texas off. I also moved it up just a touch and shrunk it just a touch as well. It's tough with a logo that's so wide and not super tall to reach that point where it still looks like it fits without being way too small. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

XZSRmGL.png

Took the arced Texas off. I also moved it up just a touch and shrunk it just a touch as well. It's tough with a logo that's so wide and not super tall to reach that point where it still looks like it fits without being way too small. 

My $.02:

Firstly, the hockey jerseys are WAY better without the wordmark.

Secondly, if you're going to outline the numbers on the black jersey, why not outline the logo as well?

Third, I'm not a fan of the black at all, and I don't see why you need three jerseys for this set, anyway. But, if you are going to add black, then why not add black outlines to the stripes and such to the other jerseys so that the black ends up on all three and not just seeming like a BFBS.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

My $.02:

Firstly, the hockey jerseys are WAY better without the wordmark.

Secondly, if you're going to outline the numbers on the black jersey, why not outline the logo as well?

Third, I'm not a fan of the black at all, and I don't see why you need three jerseys for this set, anyway. But, if you are going to add black, then why not add black outlines to the stripes and such to the other jerseys so that the black ends up on all three and not just seeming like a BFBS.

1. Totally agree. Not sure what I was thinking with the wordmark TBH. 

2. mainly because my whole rationale for the black uniforms came from these black basketball uniforms which only have the numbers outlined. 

Image result for texas black basketball uniforms

3. I had knocked around the idea of more than just a home and away for Texas when I started this project. But I wasn't sure if it would be throwback, fauxback or BFBS, which it truthfully is. I chose BFBS, mainly because it's something different, for football at the very least. I had a feeling it would be unpopular but wanted to see some reactions before I revisited it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

19 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

XZSRmGL.png

That looks much better, I wish this was real

After much furious internal debate... I've decided to dump the black from Texas .

K0q1nDy.png s2IW5Ko.png

R4ttw7p.png kPLh8bJ.png

After a failed attempt at a fauxback that would work for all four sports, it was simpler to just dump the alternates altogether. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

vs3jTJ5.png XZSRmGL.png

ICeYK82.png iigpi28.png

One last attempt at alternate uniforms before I move on. Hockey and basketball get the black uniforms restored. For football and baseball, I turned the clock backwards. Football wears an early 60's uniform which admittedly doesn't actually appear much different at first glance. Biggest differences are in the helmet which was striped for only a couple years and the only time it ever was in documented Longhorn history.  Number up above the Longhorn logo and grey facemasks. Jerseys dump many of the traditional identifiers. No Texas script, no TV numbers and No Bevo logo on the collar. Slightly thinner stripes on the sleeves, non-poky font and no NOB. Plain white pants, white socks, black cleats. Baseball recycles the popular 2017 throwback look with use of vintage white from one of the uniforms unveiled prior to this season. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

ZPPBkLb.png

E7YhIqm.png mv3BkoE.png 

W9xYccY.png M8v4S0l.png

For SDSU it was pretty easy. The Aztec Pattern has become a staple of football and basketball uniforms and it was about time that it spread to the rest of the athletics department. 

Football - Not very different from real life. Biggest change is the helmet. I love the Aztec pattern on the helmet but I feel like it gets lost in a sense from a distance. Then I realized that a pattern of that detail gets lost at a distance on anything. So I just put the pattern in a wide stripe on the helmet. Restored the SD logo on the side of the helmet. Jerseys, really don't deviate. I think the only change is contrasting color collars. Pants gain a couple new members, white and red just for the options. And with SDSU being a member of Nike's N7 partnership, I felt a turquoise jersey was a bit too much for football, but not the other sports, so football gets a turquoise helmet . 

Hockey - I never got the chance to play SDSU in ACHA hockey. I retired from the sport competitively this past year, right before BSU joined the Pac-8 hockey conference so I missed my shot at playing the Aztecs on the Ice. But anyways, got rid of the Blackhawk clones and replaced it with some more in line uniforms. On the sleeves, Aztec Pattern stripes. On the hem, the stripe is a bit different which was done to keep the Aztec pattern looking consistent and not stretched or warped. Pants have the same stripe down the side, as well as the socks. N7 alternate jersey with much of the same just less scarlet and more turquoise. 

Baseball - For the diamond, I went with a faux-vest look with the pattern on the sleeves of the jerseys. AZTECS to grace the front of all 3 uniforms. Hats are simple, scarlet/black and the inverse. Pants were going to have the pattern stripe down the side but it was too small to make it look good so simple blank pants, as well as a black option for a blackout look. N7 alternate with much of the same looks. 

Basketball - The only team at SDSU sponsored by the Jordan Brand, but still carries much of the same looks as the other sports. AZTECS on the white jerseys with the pattern down the sides of the jerseys and shorts. Returned the stacked San Diego State on the front of the away uniform. And to round us all out, N7 alternate with the same aesthetic. 

C&C welcome! and just a heads up, I am heading on vacation in Arizona for the next couple weeks so posts might be a little delayed 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to The 1972 Project: San Diego State Aztecs

^This, this is the look that I want to see SDSU when they inevitably join the the Pac-12. It's simple, and yet unique, it would stand out among, and yet compliment, all the historic looks in the conference (USC, UCLA, Stanford, etc.)

Very good work on all of this.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

Wow, SDSU looks amazing. I love the inclusion of N7 as inspiration for the alternates. My only gripe is that the NoB on the home jerseys are all kinda difficult to read. I’d suggest using white instead of red on them.  Do you plan on using the N7 for other schools?

That's what- She

13 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Wow, SDSU looks amazing. I love the inclusion of N7 as inspiration for the alternates. My only gripe is that the NoB on the home jerseys are all kinda difficult to read. I’d suggest using white instead of red on them.  Do you plan on using the N7 for other schools?

wqSoCqU.png 0Zp6I15.png

Uj0SHqZ.png BUXL5o4.png

Fair enough. I was keeping things pretty much the same but yeah, the names were hard to read. So they got changed to white. 

As for the remaining N7 teams, going off of the teams that wore the basketball uniforms this past season, those teams will be: Florida State, Oklahoma State, New Mexico, and Stanford

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Vacation has slowed down a little bit which gave me some time to get back on Illustrator and get the next team ready: 

YsZx7Yf.png

tEHCseI.png zYLKvRI.png

fKbWld5.png K1iTc1i.png

So TCU decided to complicate things by releasing some damn good new uniforms before I got around to designing them. So the plan changed a little bit when it came down to it, but I think I found a good happy medium. 

Football - So as I said, the new uniforms were pretty damn good IMO. On the helmets, I got rid of the facemask color stripe, I always felt that facemask stripes can work, but not in this case. Full logo on the sides. Jerseys have the new Black Panther Horned Frog pattern around the neck, with a halved stripe from the helmet on the sleeves. Kept the number font the same, definitely works here. Pants have the same pointy stripe going down the side. 

Hockey - So hell froze over for these Frogs, and now the aesthetic matches. Halved stripes around the sleeves, with a straight stripe on the hems. Full TCU logo on the chest with the Vibranium pattern around the neck. Gave them a couple different pant options between purple and black which have the pointed stripe down the side. Also gave 3 helmet options between the three main colors. 

Baseball - First off the bat, to keep things pretty baseball classic, the T'Challa necklace pattern (I'm sorry, ill stop with this one), became sublimated so it wasn't as In Your Face as the other two have been. Halved stripes on the sleeves. Arched TCU on the home and away jerseys, with the Athletic Frog logo on the chest for the alternate. Pants also have the halved stripes because I feel that it worked better with the pants. 

Basketball - Finally, for the hardwood, the full color pattern returns to the neckline. Arched TCU across the chest of all 3 jerseys. Full pointy stripe running down the side of the jerseys. For the shorts, half stripe around the bottom of the shorts that end on the side hem line. HORNED FROGS above the stripe going along with the angle of the stripe. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Vacation has slowed down a little bit which gave me some time to get back on Illustrator and get the next team ready: 

YsZx7Yf.png

tEHCseI.png zYLKvRI.png

fKbWld5.png K1iTc1i.png

So TCU decided to complicate things by releasing some damn good new uniforms before I got around to designing them. So the plan changed a little bit when it came down to it, but I think I found a good happy medium. 

Football - So as I said, the new uniforms were pretty damn good IMO. On the helmets, I got rid of the facemask color stripe, I always felt that facemask stripes can work, but not in this case. Full logo on the sides. Jerseys have the new Black Panther Horned Frog pattern around the neck, with a halved stripe from the helmet on the sleeves. Kept the number font the same, definitely works here. Pants have the same pointy stripe going down the side. 

Hockey - So hell froze over for these Frogs, and now the aesthetic matches. Halved stripes around the sleeves, with a straight stripe on the hems. Full TCU logo on the chest with the Vibranium pattern around the neck. Gave them a couple different pant options between purple and black which have the pointed stripe down the side. Also gave 3 helmet options between the three main colors. 

Baseball - First off the bat, to keep things pretty baseball classic, the T'Challa necklace pattern (I'm sorry, ill stop with this one), became sublimated so it wasn't as In Your Face as the other two have been. Halved stripes on the sleeves. Arched TCU on the home and away jerseys, with the Athletic Frog logo on the chest for the alternate. Pants also have the halved stripes because I feel that it worked better with the pants. 

Basketball - Finally, for the hardwood, the full color pattern returns to the neckline. Arched TCU across the chest of all 3 jerseys. Full pointy stripe running down the side of the jerseys. For the shorts, half stripe around the bottom of the shorts that end on the side hem line. HORNED FROGS above the stripe going along with the angle of the stripe. 

C&C welcome!

Although I prefer the Boykin era uniforms... these are gorgeous. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Final day of vacation but the work here never stops. 

UTUVJJX.png

TSYMKEH.png CiPGAF3.png

7PWJKaX.png O6BIhFY.png

Doing something radical to Notre Dame was never on the table. I really didn't have a lot to change across the board, mostly on the alternate uniforms, which is my least favorite thing(s) that Under Armour has done for the Fighting Irish. Otherwise, the designs here are based off the double stripe design used by most of, if not the entire athletic dept. 

Football - Helmet shell doesn't change. Shiny gold helmets, grey facemask with Shamrock on the back. Jerseys stay very traditional, only new addition being the double stripe to the arm trim on the sleeves. ND logo stays on the sleeves. ND was the first team I remember having a Captain's C on the football jerseys so those stay. No NOB's, Leahy number font stays. Pants stay the same. The biggest problem I have had with UA's attempts at green uniforms has been the attempts to use green, navy, gold AND white on the same jersey. That goes away with these green jerseys as navy gives way to green on everything that was navy. All 3 jerseys have "God. Country. Notre Dame" on the inner collar. 

Hockey - Hockey has nearly as much tradition as football I feel like. So as a result, the braisher stripes on the IRL jerseys give way to the double stripe. The away jerseys keep their navy colored sleeves. Navy pants for the home and away jerseys with the ND logo on the pant leg. Alternate green jersey uses the crafty new IRISH script. Gave these jerseys gold pants for a bit of a vintage feel. Gold helmets for all three uniforms sets. 

All 3 jerseys have "God. Country. Notre Dame" on the inner collar like football. 

Baseball - Simplified the baseball sets a little bit. Hats of which there are 2, navy/gold and green/gold. Batting helmets are either gold with navy accents or gold with green accents for the alternate uniform. Jerseys have the double stripes around the sleeves and the collar. On the left sleeve of all jerseys, "God. Country. Notre Dame." is present. Pants have the double stripe down the side, either navy/gold or green/gold, depending on jersey. Socks have the same double stripe. 

Basketball - For basketball it's much of the same. Double stripe around the collar and armholes. Arched NOTRE DAME on the home and away uniforms. Double stripes also down the sides of the jersey. Shorts have the stripes on the helm, the bottom of the shorts and down the sides, along with the ND logo on the side of the shorts. Alternate is green with the IRISH script instead of the Leahy wordmark. 

C&C welcome!

On 7/10/2019 at 8:08 PM, 29texan said:

Although I prefer the Boykin era uniforms... these are gorgeous. 

That was my original idea. These are what I see when I think of the Boykin era uniforms and my idea was to combine it with the LSU game uniforms from 2013. 

Image result for trevone boykin tcuRelated image

AmPJ0Ty.png 

eMHNxMY.png 

Nt8zh5o.png MS5VxAf.png

9kT6BAA.png ElO5CdQ.png

Football - After a lot of thinking, the Colts knockoffs actually won out for me. At least for the jerseys. The helmets stay pretty close to the same. One of the big design points was a stripe that was intended to mirror the inside of the D logo that terminates in a point. The white and blue helmets have a single colored stripe, white helmet with the full D - Blue Devil logo, blue with the Duke script logo. Like I said, jerseys keep the Colts effect to them, only real change is a change to a font that matches the basketball jersey NOB font. Pants have the same stripes as the helmet. I kept black in the color scheme due mostly to the fact that it has become a bit of a staple for them, albeit an unlucky one. Helmet has the script as I didn't like anything else that went on it. Stripes change to blue outlined with white, numbers get an outline. 

Hockey - Rather than go for the over the shoulder stripes idea, I kept it simple with the stripes on the sleeves. I also tried the solid stripe on the hem, a la Maple Leafs but it didn't work out how I wanted it. So anyways, D - Blue Devils logo on the chest. Pants have the pointy stripe (lack of a better term). Socks have the same double stripe as the jerseys. Alternates are black with the same provisions as the football jerseys. 

Baseball - Went the two button pull over route for these jerseys. On the hats/helmets, blue/white, white/blue and black/blue, all with the same logo on the front. Jerseys have arched DUKE for the home/away uniforms, along with the double stripe around the collar and the jerseys. Numbers under the wordmark. Pants have the double stripe down the side, due mostly to the fact that the pants didn't led well to the pointy stripe. Alternate is black (surprise, surprise), scripty Duke replaces the block D. Double becomes triple stripe with the added black pants and socks. 

Basketball - Changing these was a bit difficult to me, but I think I ended up adding a little bit of almost every other previous Duke uniform to these. Double stripe around the neckline and the arms. Duke on the chest of all 3. Solid panels down the sides of the jerseys and shorts that terminate in a point with a band around the shorts leg. Black uniform is probably the biggest departure from real life with white seemingly becoming a bit more prominent. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

We aren't halfway done yet, but we've finally reached one team I was excited for: My hometown, childhood favorite team. 

sWri4I1.png

rTOvI9E.png M9Fg81D.png

vOvQ1H1.png BwITK2W.png

So short story time: I can attribute Boise State's 2010 Pro Combat uniforms for being the reason I am here doing what I am doing. All the quirks of that uniform from the one sided helmet logo, to the sleeves being mismatched to just every little asymmetrical thing about it. I loved it all and that was the real kick-start to me designing uniforms. So now with that said, I was a big fan of the new jerseys BSU unveiled. It was nice to finally have something on the jerseys again. But i still had those Pro Combat's in my head and wanted to get those back in some way shape or form. 

Football - So like I said, I wanted to get the "spirit" of the 2010 PC's back on the field. The blue helmet IRL still captures it, but I want the full uniforms to get it too. So, the helmets. I always hear how ugly the logo/number treatment is. I hear it, and I ignored it. Boise State wrote the first chapter of the book on it, it stays. Kept all 3 colors: blue, white, orange. I wasn't sold on the orange at first, but it grew on me fast. Jerseys have the new "speed" stripe on one side, with the oversized Bronco head on the other with the off colored sleeve cuff. BRONCOS on the chest of the home/alternate, BOISE STATE on the away. All 3 jerseys have blue collars with the phrase "Blue Collar" in the collar. See what I did there? Pants, for the first time in a decade, have something that isn't a wordmark on it. This time with a pant stripe more befitting IMO. 

Hockey - This felt criminal to me given that the BSU hockey club currently wears Oilers knockoffs and knocks it out of the park in them (looks-wise, not necessarily with their play on the ice). But to make these uniforms fit, they admittedly had to change. So the double stripe starts on the sleeves and extends at an angle onto the body of the jersey. the Bronco head is the main logo on all 3 jerseys. Nothing else really fit IMO. Socks have the same double stripe, pants have an angular stripe that mirrors the football pants style. 

Baseball - Baseball is making it's return to Boise State for its first season since 1980, and the uniforms they unveiled weren't bad, but you could tell they came straight outta the catalog. So these imaginary bad boys, get the speed stripes on the sleeves like the other sports. Also the batting helmets have the big logo on the same side of the helmet as football. I figured if softball could do it IRL, then so could baseball in this thread. The backs of the collars all are blue, with Blue Collar on it. BRONCOS on the home, BOISE STATE on the away, Bronco head on the alternate. The pants were a bit of an enigma. I did the double stripe on the bottom of the pants, somewhat similar to what the Diamondbacks tried doing for a season. Socks are either blue or orange, with blue cleats for all. 

Basketball - Keeping in line with the relative simplicity of previous BSU basketball uniforms, the tops have the speed lines underneath the arm holes. Much like baseball, blue inner collars with Blue Collar written on them. BRONCOS on the home, BOISE STATE on the road, did a non-basketball thing and stuck the Bronco Head on the chest. Shorts have the speed lines on one side and a very large Bronco Head on the other side. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 4/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, bkknight95 said:

We're 10 teams in! Hopefully with school ending I'll be able to get through these a lot faster before school starts up yet again. 

x0D0I6T.png

Michigan State has a beautiful sports identity. The 2010 refresh of their look really gave them a unique identity, except for their number font which has been appropriated by every team building a uniform on NikeTeam. I love their greek pattern and I personally don't think they use it enough. They keep it simple and unique all at the same time. 

Z7kH6hm.png Qx4eSFU.png 

AnBfuPg.png utTJYc6.png 

I think this is the first team I've done where all the sports are Division 1. I could still be wrong however. Anyways, I love the simplicity that Michigan State brings to the uniform table while also keeping things modern in a sense. So I sought to keep that intact. 

Football - I liked the refresh from a couple years ago that saw the elimination of the shoulder yokes and some other simplifications. In this case, I made the shoulder caps on the home and away opposite colors with the Greek pattern in the caps. The Greek pattern also invades the numbers. For the helmets, I kept things mostly the same. Greek pattern in the stripe, Spartan helmet on the sides and not much else there. I found the pants to be the weakest part of the current uniforms. So for these, I made a truncated stripe that goes about halfway up the leg. Greek pattern in there. For the alternates, I normally don't like going for a same color alternate but the Spartans have no business wearing a black uniform. So I went for a green, black, and bronze alternate. Big difference here is the alternate has a shoulder yoke like from uniforms past. The numbers don't have the pattern in them. Bronze helmet with Sparty on both sides.

Hockey - Hockey returns to a previous look with some new flair. I brought back the shoulder stripes but no pattern in those, it felt like too much. I limited the pattern to the striping that starts under the armpit and goes to the hem. I didn't do a white helmet because it just didn't look right for the Spartans. Pants have the same striping as football with the Greek pattern. For the alt, I gave them a black helmet and pants as I felt it flows better. 

Baseball - I wasn't quite sure what to do with baseball. I finally settled on a home/away set of vests with patterned undershirts. SPARTANS and the number on the home and away. Pants have the same stripe as everyone else. Green hat and helmet. Alternate is a normal jersey with the shoulders patterned in. Bronze helmet and hat. Green pants with the same stripe. Black socks to break up the all green. 

Basketball - NO MORE LIME GREEN. It was fun once and then got ugly real quick. The Greek pattern invades the hardwood in the arm striping and pants striping and numbers. SPARTANS across the board on the front of the jerseys. MSU shield on the back up near the collar. Alternate uniform is lime green-less and matches the rest of the alternates. 

C&C welcome!

The Script "State" is important at MSU same with the cursive "Michigan State" in hockey

2013RoseBowlPNGsg_zps49cea191.png

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

FC BAYERN MUNCHEN-MICHIGAN STATE-THE DETROIT FOUR-WASHINGTON REDSKINS-LA LAKERS

Archived