The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ATolly66 said:

Finally, my school! I like what you did, but it's hard to see the white UMass logo on the white football helmets.

Fair enough. 

9izb24n.png 0YVlzF1.png

VYEGRgd.png B6OlSbB.png

Came up with a dark version of the simpler logos and basically replaced them wherever the old ones were found. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Since I have your attention, I thought I'd get the next team up: 

PyOxMSm.png

NCRKdqa.png xoJquxG.png

Y85Oso7.png Mi7hUhV.png

Football - Much like many of the schools in the MAC, Buffalo does suffer from catalog-syndrome. But where that can ruin some teams, it really hasn't for the Bulls. As we work through the hefty middle of the list of teams, I find myself struggling to remember why I chose the things that I did. Oh well. From what I remember, there was a basketball uniform back in the day that had some double stripes on the shoulders and that's what I ran with. I also finally retired the interlocking UB. It just doesn't fit the new branding they've come up with IMO. Blue and white helmets, with the new bull logo on the sides. Double stripes on the shoulders, TV numbers on the sleeves. Came up with a font that matches the notches of the wordmarks. Pants, do a truncated stripe thing. Alternate is black. Nuff said. 

Hockey - On the ice, took the stripe idea and ran it down the sleeves all the way, with a short interruption for the numbers on the arms. Same stripes on the hem, down the side of the pants and on the socks. Bull logo on all three jerseys. Another black alternate jersey, much like football. 

Baseball - For baseball, I went with a vest style design. Same stripes on the shoulders like everyone else. Bull logo on the right sleeve of all the undershirts. Which I imagine would be interchangeable. BULLS on the home and alternates, BUFFALO on the road. Stripes down the pants of all the jerseys. Alternate is black, like everyone else. It's also all black from head to toe. 

Basketball - Back to where we all started, the basketball uniforms aren't different from their counterparts. Stripes on the shoulders like everyone else, truncated stripes like football's pants on the sides of the uniforms. Colored waistband on the shorts, stripes are a lot higher than normally seen on basketball uniforms. That's because of these uniforms, with a zig zag pattern. These stripes don't have a zig or a zag, but I liked the look of the higher stripes. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Cplh19B.png

88CPHUi.png XE50Gzu.png

VCqoFPi.png cppcB5A.png

Football - I don't fully get the push for "tribal" look that the Aggies are going for. I feel that is an avenue that is already being pursued by their state-rivals, the Utes. To that end, I love the simple look they had when they first rebranded with Nike. For starters on my design, I went back to a glossy navy helmet, with the U-State logo on both sides. Also went with a glossy white helmet and a matte grey helmet, all with the same logo. Solid stripes on the sleeves of the jerseys, Aggies on the home/alternates and Utah State on the away. Kept the same number font. The biggest crime on the IRL uniforms has to be the NOB font they use. That had to change and it did, to Nike's new standard font. Pants have the logo on the hip, and a sort of Jaguars style stripe on the bottom of the pants with the horn from the secondary logo. 

Hockey - The USU club team has kicked my ass more times than I care to admit. Their uniforms weren't all that bad either. However, they could not stay as they were, as they really didn't fit the new look. These end up being more simple than their current jerseys. On those, navy and grey were their colors and now grey becomes the alternate. Solid single colors stripes on the sleeves, hem and on the socks. U-State logo on the chest of all 3 jerseys, Bull logo on the sleeves of all 3 jerseys as well. Pants have the same bull stripe like football. 

Baseball - Much like the club hockey team, the club baseball team now gets elevated uniform-wise. Much like everyone else, solid color stripes on the sleeves, one color placket striping. Aggies on the home, Utah State on the road, logo on the left chest of the alternate. Hats also get the U-State logo on the front. There's a navy/navy and white 3-color hat. Pants have a solid stripe down the side, navy socks and cleats. 

Basketball - Finally, for basketball, I actually think that I added more to their uniforms they had before this. Added stripes to the arms and the collar. Aggies on the home, Utah State on the road, went with the oft-criticized logo-on-a-basketball jersey on the alternate. On the shorts, colored in the waistband, Bull logo on the front of that, bull stripe on the bottom of the shorts, U-State logo on the middle of the sides of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So due to the random nature of the team list, there was bound to be something odd with the way the teams would eventually shake out and in this case, I had a rivalry matchup line up as back to back teams. So I thought I'd do something slightly out of the established way of this thread. 

4YjBou3.png c2h0W7l.png

Cu8NQUl.png mJozsgr.png

pfyJCoo.png BYvNsNP.png

U0PiUeS.png wqCttw8.png

g8bNQBF.png 1JXSh6b.png

While SC might not view their rivalry with UNC as bigly as they do the annual with Clemson, there's no doubt that when the two teams meet up, it is a deeply heated rivalry, so I thought why not have them square off in a concept format too? 

Football - 

UNC - The jump to the Jordan Brand didn't see much change come to the uniforms and as such there wasn't much change here. I had some idea of simplifying the argyle pattern and I tried it and it didn't work out on the home and away colors, but it worked out quite well for the alternates so it stuck around there. Classic Carolina Blue helmet along with a white helmet with the NC logo on both sides, argyle stripe down the middle. Argyle stripes on the arms and on the collar, UNC font servers for the numbers as well as the argyle stripes down the pant leg. Alternate navy, can't stress this enough, NAVY not black uniforms have a reduced argyle stripe. 

UofSC - The double stripe uniforms SC has been wearing in the last few years have been my favorite of their uniforms and so I rolled with them as the focal point for the rest of the sports. Three helmets, white, garnet and matte black, all with the C logo on the sides, double stripe down the middle. Jerseys have the double stripe Colts style on the shoulders, C logo on the sleeves, CAROLINA on the chest above the block numbers. Pants have the double stripe down the legs. Simple and easy. 

Hockey - 

UNC - I'd love to see these jerseys come to life. It's probably the colors, but these would be a clean look for the current club team. Anywho, much like football, argyle on the sleeves, hem and around the collar. NC logo on the chest. Navy and Carolina Blue pants serve as equally viable options for the uniforms. Same also goes for the helmets. Alternate navy uniform replaces the full argyle with the simpler argyle, and the script Tar Heels replaces the NC logo on the chest. 

UofSC - Tried something a little different for the Gamecocks. Did the normal stripes on the sleeves and hem, but then I did some yoke stripes that stay on the sleeves only. Think back to the Ottawa Senators uniforms of the early 90's with the number on the stripes on the sleeves? That is in essence what I was looking to emulate. C logo on the chest, Black and Garnet helmet options, but only gave an option for black pants. On the alternate, I went with a Rangers-esque style wordmark, much like the club team currently uses. 

Baseball - 

UNC - The baseball uniforms don't change a whole lot, they actually might have more added to it. First off, the wordmarks get an outline. All the pictures I had seen had one color wordmarks that just doesn't work for me. Anyways, the argyle matches the rest of the sports. Tar Heels in script on the chest, number underneath it. Away uniform sees Tar Heels replaced with Carolina, also in script. Alternate navy is a recolor of the away uniform with the simpler argyle on the arms. Pants don't get anything in this case, though there is an option for all Carolina Blue uniform. Hats/Helmets of which there are two, Carolina Blue/Navy and an all Navy with NC on the fronts. 

UofSC - Despite my normal aversion to pinstripe uniforms, I kept SC in a white pinstripe home jersey. Above that, is the main hat, garnet/black with the SC interlocking logo on the front, which the helmet matches. Gamecocks script on the chest, number underneath it with the double stripe on the sleeves. Pinstripe pants have those alone, no stripes on the side. Away uniform gets Carolina on the chest, and a pair of white pinstripe-less pants with stripes on the sides of these. Alternate is black and by black I mean all black from the hat down to the cleats. Socks on all the uniforms are striped to match. 

Basketball - 

UNC - The only team on Chapel Hill's campus where the ceiling is the roof. That being said, not a whole lot changes. Argyle down the sides of the jersey and the shorts. Contrasting waistband with the NC logo in the middle of it. Arched wordmark/number stack on the front of the jerseys. I think that the biggest change comes to the navy alts, which I can't remember the last time UNC actually wore, but in this case the simpler argyle gets the go, and UNC is the identifier on the chest on this uniform. 

UofSC - The uniforms here get a bit of my own personal tastes injected here. I had a 2017 concept that looked very similar to these and I liked the way those turned out so I adapted the stripes to match the rest of the uniforms here and the rest is really history. Stripes down the shoulders, around the arms and can also be found on the waistband and on one leg of the shorts. C logo on the other side of the shorts opposite the stripe. CAROLINA on the chest of all 3 uniforms. 

Don't get used to this format, I think this is the only time we'll see it. 😀 That being said, C&C welcome on both teams as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

With all this sports uncertainty lingering, it's nice to have something to take your mind off of what is going on around the world with COVID-19. While I don't necessarily want to speak for all of you, without sports being there as a way away from the real world, I hope that I can continue to provide a way to forget about what is going on, even if it's just for a short period time. 

1SpcWGg.png

TDFz6C9.png 9LfJauU.png 

kzXzVbW.png mJKRRUN.png

Football - Just when UNM reintroduced silver helmets, I made the brash decision to dump silver and anthracite from the uniforms totally. It's still in the logos, most wolves are grey so it felt odd to take that out totally. But turquoise was always going to be a part of the uniforms, it just didn't work with silver or grey. So the closest color to those colors was white, which the main helmet now becomes with their familiar pointed helmet stripe down the middle. Profile Lobo returns to the sides of the helmets. Jerseys make use of the same helmet stripes on the sleeves, stay big on the front and terminates toward the back. Kept the Lobos custom font. Pants also have the stripes down the sides. With UNM being a member of the Nike N7 Program and also using turquoise as a main color, well nothing really changes. Only addition is the N7 program logo on the back of the helmet. 

Hockey - So I didn't know that UNM had a club team. Straight up. Kind of surprising to me, since NMSU has zero hockey presence whatsoever, so that was pretty cool to see. As a fmr. hockey player and still a fan of the game, its cool to see the game growing to "unusual" places for a winter sport. Anyways, much like football, pointed stripes on the sleeves. A more normal stripe on the bottom hem. Went with the full LOBOS logo on the chest of the home jersey, NEW MEXICO-centric logo on the shoulders. On the away and alternate jerseys, those flip positions. Pants have the pointy stripe on the sides, normal stripes on the socks. 

Baseball - So for baseball, the UNM interlocking logo makes its first appearance, as simpler alternative to the complex Lobos logos on the hats and helmets. On the jerseys, much like their counterparts, stripes mimic the rest of the uniforms' stripes. LOBOS on the home and road, for whatever reason, it just looked better on the reds than the NEW MEXICO did. Pants have El Pointed Stripe on the upper halves of the pants. Couple colored options for socks. 

Basketball - I'd argue that the basketball program is the most successful team at New Mexico. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Anyways, knowing that, I let them have a little bit more uniqueness compared to the other teams. Looking at some of the uniforms of the past, there was an asymmetrical design that I found interesting and I rolled with it. So the same stripe style starts on the left side of the collar, and runs all the way down to the side of the shorts and ends there in a point. That's really it. It's a simple design that I think works well for UNM. 

C&C welcome as always! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

koHjnvA.png

x7Of175.png XN1ZJXx.png

nYh5Ja4.png P6ZC9xu.png

Football - To be honest, I gotta say that there isn't a whole lot wrong with TSU in real life. They're just Adidas catalog users and that can end up looking blah in a lot of cases but not here. That said, two helmets, both with the bobcat logo on the sides. Wide single color stripe down the front. Jerseys all have Texas State on the chest. Stripes on the sleeve are very similar to the helmets, except I used the Star from the academic logo and put it on the sleeve. Pants have a similar stripe to the jerseys with the Star on the hip. 

Hockey - So like UNM, a club team that exists in a slightly unusual place, but anyways. Did a bit of a Red Wings thing with the hockey team. Single color stripes on the arms and on the hem. Arm stripes get the stars on the stripes, which due to the points of said stars moves the numbers up to the shoulders. Pants have the solid stripes down the side TS-baseball logo on the front. Since this is a Red Wings affair, the alternate is also very Red Wings, with a full chest stripe with the baseball logo on the front and some wider stripes with the stars still on the sleeves. 

Baseball - Went the two button pullover route here. Big, boisterous stripes on the arms, with the stars ever present. On the wordmarks that are normally straight, I gave them a touch of an arch. I felt it helped them in this case. Has the number underneath it. Pants have a slimmer stripe to them. Added a golden pant option to add some pizzazz to the mix. One color for socks. Hats get two variants. One that is all maroon, with the TS logo, and another with a gold brim with the bobcat logo on the front. 

Basketball - Went with a very classic feeling jersey for basketball. Single color striping around the arms and collar. BOBCATS on the home, stacked TEXAS STATE on the road and BOBCATS to finish out the alternate. Shorts have a filled in waistband, with the Bobcat logo on the front, Star stripe on the bottom of the shorts, with the star landing on the side.

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

COVID-19 keeps getting things shut down, my annual summer roller hockey league plans are suddenly now up in the air. Kinda crazy to think that this could be the first year in 13 years I don't play roller hockey in the summer. 

Anyways, lets have some concept fun! 

NGWLWwo.png

bAIdHGA.png Ls7Xgqk.png

0u6sEgV.png lu0lRRS.png

Football - While I love the simplicity of the red and white look for the Cajuns, I had to add black into the mix. And that's really where the look takes off. Kept the double stripe from the IRL current uniforms and made it a triple with the addition of black. Helmets keep the iconic RAGIN' CAJUNS script on the sides, triple stripes down the middle, black facemasks. Jerseys have the triple stripes up a little higher on the sleeves. Also I didn't know that ULL doesn't like going by Louisiana-Lafayette and prefers Louisiana instead. So that is on the chest of the home and away uniforms. Kept the custom number font as well. Pants have the fleur-de-lis logo on the front hip, stripes down the sides. Alternates are black, FDL logo on the sides now, Ragin' Cajuns on the chest. 

Hockey - I just want to preface this with the fact that any and all similarities to the NJ Devil's uniform for the home uniforms here. that being said, triple stripes on the arms, FDL logo on the chest, with RAGIN' CAJUNS underneath it, LOUISIANA on the away. Solid color yokes and some solid color hems on all 3 jerseys, with the yokes limited to home/away. Pants have the same stripe down the sides, same stripes on the socks. Alternate gets a basketball-style wordmark treatment, with the number in the middle. FDL logos on the shoulders. 

Baseball - Much like their Sun Belt brethren above us, the Cajuns get the 2-button pullovers. This time, full stripes on the collar, loud stripes on the arms of all 3 jerseys. LOUISIANA on the home and away uniforms with the number underneath that. Pants have the same stripes as everybody else. Didn't feel like going a full blackout for baseball, so there's an alternate colored belt to go along with it. Hats have three different options: Red/Black, White Paneled Front, All Black, all three with the FDL on the front. Socks have stripes and two different options. 

Basketball - Went down a classic path with the hardwood team, with simple stripes around the neck and arms, down the sides of the jerseys to the shorts where it's found on the hem, and the bottom of the shorts. In contrast to baseball, all 3 jerseys here get the stacked Rajun' Cajuns on the chest. 

C&C welcome as always! Stay safe with all the weirdness going on out there! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

What if you tried a “Lafayette” cursive script on one of the baseball jerseys?  I think that would look sharp.  Pinstripes maybe?

It could look great, but Louisiana-Lafayette has dropped the Lafayette from their identity and are now just the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

great job as always but something about TXST is bothering me. I love the concept of the star stripe thing and having them own that look, but the entire set and logo are extremely simple. It looks kinda jarring to have a detailed, bevelled star with a thin white outline. I'd suggest something like this? idk if i'm threadjacking let me know, I'm just bad describing what i mean with words

zFBXeLC.png

On 3/20/2020 at 4:28 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

It could look great, but Louisiana-Lafayette has dropped the Lafayette from their identity and are now just the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

“Louisiana” would look good in script too. 

spacer.png

iQ6dKmk.png RpQTKI9.png

L5SsVPY.png GfKPdCN.png

Took @Htown1141's suggestions and simplified the star stripes down to a single color star. I also got rid of the white jersey colored sleeves. It worked on the beveled star. It didn't work quite as well with the new stripes. 

On 3/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

Only reason I did keep the full Louisiana-Lafayette was to differentiate from the eventual time I get Louisiana-Monroe posted. It also happened to be impeccable timing that a thread here appeared about the actual name of the university that hosts the Ragin' Cajuns name 😂

On 3/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

What if you tried a “Lafayette” cursive script on one of the baseball jerseys?  I think that would look sharp.  Pinstripes maybe?

32 minutes ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

“Louisiana” would look good in script too. 

while I am a sucker for a nice script, and usually try and find one for the baseball jerseys for the teams that have one, I think this is one case where no script is honestly better. I don't think that a script would fit as well with the identity for ULL. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

mx4FaYT.png

OGvVIyR.png 7jZC2Jc.png

PNSVVvs.png kau9bS7.png

Football - I LOVE the new(ish) uniforms the Wolfpack unveiled. At first they reminded me of SMU's failed attempt at doing Colt Stripes without using a simple double stripe, but then they grew on me and grew on me fast. That said, the helmets don't change much. 3 helmets, all with the same logos on the sides, middle part of the shoulder stripes acts as the stripe down the front. As I mentioned, call em Wolfpack stripes on the shoulders that end near the point of the collar. New number font and wordmarks on the front and pack. Same stripes on the pants as helmets, ending in a slashed manner. 

Hockey - Unfortunately for the IcePack, there was no good way to do the same stripe style on the hockey jerseys, so I borrowed the club teams uniforms which make use of a Canadiens style uniform and swapped out the stripes. Two sets of pants here, I felt that black and red could work for the uniforms so they both get a chance to shine. All three jerseys make use of the S logo on the chest, with the wolf logo on the shoulders. Socks match their jerseys as is usually custom. 

Baseball - I tried out a vest option, two button option, even a traditional placket style jersey, but ultimately the V-neck worked the best. Same style stripes as football. Slanted new wordmarks, with Wolfpack on the home, NC State on the away and alternate. Pants have the same stripes as the football pants do, same slash at the bottom. Hats all have the block S logo, between the 3 hats, all red, white-panel and an all black option. 

Basketball - Again, like basketball and football, stripes come off the shoulder and end at the point of the collar. Normal wordmarks on the home and away jersey. Simpler stripe on the hem, wolf logo on the front of the waistband, full stripes that go from the middle of the side of the shorts and wrap around the back. Pretty simple. Arched STATE wordmark on the alternate, in respects to the 1983 era uniforms, which if you don't know why that team is significant, well I can't help you. But go watch Survive and Advance and you'll see why. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

hgMkAXP.png

2TAj97R.png E1VNH4w.png

9uvUF6J.png 0GHsV9j.png

Football - Knowing what I wanted to do with Miss. State was easy, but it wasn't the challenge. The challenge was how can I visually separate them from their conference mates, Texas A&M. I reasoned that they could share the same colors and still be visually distinct. One big distinction here is that where the Aggies are either Maroon with White, or White with Maroon, grey plays a larger role in the Bulldogs look. I also resurrected the the ribbon/banner stripe with an alteration or two. Went back to the glossy helmet shells, all with the banner stripe down the middle. M-State logos on both sides of the shell. On the jerseys, just a simple triple stripe around the sleeves. Big wordmark on the chest, Starkville number font stays in place. Like I said, grey plays a larger part in the scheme so there is a set of grey pants. There are also white pants, I just wasn't in a place to mess with one of the four images and make things ugly with varying widths. Banner stripe comes up from the bottom to allow for the logo on the hip. Against my better nature, I stuck with a black alternate uniform for the Bulldogs that sees grey replaced by black. 

Hockey - Went with a fairly classic approach for the hockey team. Triple stripes on the arms and the hem. M-State logo on the chest of the home and away. Also went with some tie-down collars to complete the "classic" look. Pants have the banner stripe down the sides, with the M-State logo on the front leg. On the alternate black uniform, I went with a Rangers-esque wordmark style based on this jersey, which I don't know a whole lot about. Based on a quick Google search, it doesn't seem to match anything the club team has ever worn. 

Baseball - Probably my favorite of their uniforms in real life right now, this part of it was more about slimming down the uniforms to the 3 you see here now. Couldn't decide between pinstripes or a striped white home jersey sooooo I went with both. Used the script State for the home jersey, '85 Stacked script for the away and for the alternate. Pants have the banner stripe, including the pinstripe pants. Black Magic Alternate uniforms don't deviate too far from the rest. There's an option for non-striped maroon socks and striped maroon socks. 

Basketball - For basketball, was more about adding things to the uniforms. Added the triple stripe to the arms and to the collar. Kept the same stacked wordmark, with the number underneath it. Mississippi state logo on the back up near the collar. Shorts have the banner stripe ending about 3 quarters down the side, M-State logo underneath it, with smaller triple striping at the bottom of the shorts. 

C&C welcome! Stay safe wherever you guys are!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The whole Miss State is really nice! Great clean up of their identity which gets a little all over the place at times it seems. The black alt is questionable however, I know they have them irl, but with you increasing the use of grey, I feel like a grey alt would be better, maroon helmets for football, but grey all around, makes a bit more sense to me. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The whole Miss State is really nice! Great clean up of their identity which gets a little all over the place at times it seems. The black alt is questionable however, I know they have them irl, but with you increasing the use of grey, I feel like a grey alt would be better, maroon helmets for football, but grey all around, makes a bit more sense to me. 

I get what you're saying about the addition of grey vs having the black as the alternate uniform. My biggest fear was having a grey uniform would make them too similar to my A&M concept which also has a grey alternate. 

I think that grey does work better for the Bulldogs' maroon and white, but for individuality I do think that black uniforms will help maintain that vs Texas A&M. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived