The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Is there a reason you decided against the spear on the football pants? Too many spears with the helmet stripe already having it? 

That was largely the reason. It would have been two instances of the spear for football compared to one instance on the other uniforms. And I felt that it worked better just on the helmet alone for football. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

jkzPx2R.png

FQuB2H7.png x3jQyXz.png

mzEXXxc.pngbOM1D0V.png

Football - Okay this is bad on me as a designer, but I cannot remember, for the life of me, what the inspiration for this design was. I'm really struggling to remember what it was. Anyways, despite the relative modernish look of the uniforms, I did try and keep things pretty simple. Two helmets, navy and white, both with the FIU Panther logo on the sides. Uniforms have this pointed stripe coming down the shoulders similar to how the Colts do things. Block font to match the block FIU. Pants have the same shoulder stripe down the sides, on the hip is the leaping Panther logo. 

Hockey - With no hockey history, I get a fun slate to work with. Went down the arms with the same pointed stripe Flyers style. Full FIU logo on the chest. Similar styled stripe on the hem that is basically a stripe split in half. Pointed stripe goes down the side of the pants, Panther head logo on the front of the pants. The socks were a bit of a question mark, but I settled on single color stripes for those. Navy and white helmets with FIU as the sticker. 

Baseball - One of the most reserved baseball uniforms I think that I've designed, but it still has some modern elements. Really, at first glance, there's not too much to it. Simple placket piping and striping around the arms. At closer inspection though, the striping and piping is split like the striping on the other two jerseys, to keep a modern schtick to it. Pants have the pointy stripe in the normal fashion. Panthers on the home, FIU on the road, Florida International script on the gold alternate, accompanied with gold pants. 

Basketball - For basketball, again, simple but modern. Pointed stripe around the arms, single colors around the neck. FIU on all 3 uniforms. Panther head up near the back collar. Shorts are relatively simple. The front has the FIU Panther logo on the right leg, stripe down the side

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Really love your approach to FIU's stripes! Well conceived and very unique.

The one thing I would mention is the white stripes. It reminds me of the 2009-12 Auburn MBB uniforms. I always felt that using white as the larger portion of the stripe felt odd. 

So what about, on the blue jersey, having the small pointed portion white and the longer stripe gold? 

NCAA Basketball: Auburn at LSU | Derick Hingle Photography

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

41 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Really love your approach to FIU's stripes! Well conceived and very unique.

The one thing I would mention is the white stripes. It reminds me of the 2009-12 Auburn MBB uniforms. I always felt that using white as the larger portion of the stripe felt odd. 

So what about, on the blue jersey, having the small pointed portion white and the longer stripe gold? 

That actually makes a lot of sense. 

NLwpzei.png  SnWBISV.png

DA4Bzsp.png 2vITXFT.png

14 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I really like what you have for FIU. My only remark would be that I’d like to see FIU’s secondary football helmet be gold, as opposed to a white shell.

They've never actually worn a gold helmet. And tbh, I didn't like how they looked in a gold helmet, so the alternate option became a white helmet. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

z5MhVrw.png

MveYEhr.pngk6Wq4Pu.png

r1LszND.pngXaybqiR.png

Football - If the header image is any indication, the logo is going to be the driving force of the identity. The helmets are simple, satin green, white and satin black. All 3 with the Screaming Eagle on the sides. Rather than continue to use the sleeve caps full of a generic feather pattern, switched that up to a stripe derived from the wing of the logo. Wordmark above the numbers, numbers are a block font with cut serifs to match the wordmarks. Pants have the Eagle on the hip, wings up from the bottom of the pant leg. 

Hockey - The elevation of hockey from club to varsity sees an elevation of the uniforms. Adapted the wing to a more traditional stripe but still ends with the wings on the back of the sleeves. On the hem is a third of the sleeve stripes, which kinda forms a Maple Leafs' style thing going on with the uniform. Went with two sets of pants, black and green, with the wing up the sides. Socks have stripes that match the hem of the jerseys. Screaming Eagle on the front of the home and away uniforms, Rangers style UNT on the alternate black jersey. 

Baseball - Another club team reaching big boy status. 3 sets of headgear, green/green with NT, white panel on the front with the Eagle, and all-black with NT. 2-button pullovers, with neck striping similar to the hem lines on hockey. Wing stripes on the sleeves of all 3. I really wanted to try and get the full wordmarks on the jerseys, but they're just so unwieldy at that length. So I went with UNT on all 3. Pants have the same stripe down the side as hockey's hem. Black pants for the alternate, green and black socks. 

Basketball - Kept it pretty simple, the tops are pretty basic, with the simpler stripe down the sides, under the arms. Stacked wordmarks on the home and away. Mean Green on the home, North Texas on the away. UNT on the alternate. Alternate colored waistbands on the shorts, Wings up the angle cut in the shorts, UNT behind it on the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

LkOqwVg.png

c8GEAPH.png oYcpcWX.png

y2v9bXh.pngjqwWErd.png

Football - So the original plan was to rebrand the Knights as the Citronauts, full logo workup, the works. Unfortunately, being a student means a lot less free time to work on that, so I stuck with the Knights for this thread, but don't be shocked if I return eventually to a Citronauts identity for a different thread. So for the Knights, I dumped the pewter and anthracite and went back to the Bortles-era focus on gold, meaning gold is the new home/color jersey. I did keep the sword stripe on the helmet, liked the look, along with the diagonal UCF on the sides of the white and gold helmets. Black helmet gets Knightro on the sides. Jerseys have a point-less stripe on the sleeves, Pegasus logo moves to the bottom of the collar. Kept the number font. Pants have the sword down the sides, Knightro head on the front hip. I kept the space theme jerseys, working with the first iteration, as I think it's the superior of the Space Game uniforms. 

Hockey - Uniform wise, a large upgrade. Currently, the club team wears a weird mismash of the Canadiens uniforms and one of Senators uniforms. These turn out a lot cleaner, with the same point-less stripes on the sleeves and the hem line. Diagonal UCF on the home and roads. Knightro on one shoulder and the Pegasus on the other. Socks match their respective jerseys. Pants have the sword down the side, Knightro on the front, like football. Alternate sees Knightro take the place of UCF on the chest. Space Game takes the ice, actually borrowing the chest stripe idea from the club team. Citronauts wordmark on the chest, akin to how basketball did it. Sleeves have the constellation pattern, chest does not, collar does. Pants have the football stripe on the sides. Socks match the sleeves. 

Baseball - Baseball was in real need of some cleaning up. But for the headwear, things stayed pretty easy. Black/gold, gold/black, tricolor, all with diagonal UCF. Jerseys have the point-less stripe around the arms, Pegasus on the right sleeve. Around the neck and placket are the simpler stripe. Knights on the home white, diagonal UCF on the away uniforms, script Knights on the black alternates. Only one pair of pants, white with the sword down the sides. Space Game uniforms are vests with the pattern on the undershirt. Pretty similar to the others. 

Basketball - Basketball's uniforms were almost too simple compared to the others. The tops have the striping around the arms and the collar. UCF has been using the diagonal UCF on the chest in place of a wordmark, and to be honest, I kinda dug it, so it stuck on the three main uniforms. Shorts are pretty much as simple, with the stripe around the waistband, with the Pegasus on the front. Sword down the sides, Knightro on the front of the shorts. Space Game uniforms aren't too much different from the rest so I won't waste your time explaining them. 

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

M2fkEuZ.png

uAActXZ.png OMdGsJP.png

kd1xeoj.png yr2a43b.png

Football - Stanford's uniforms are as close to Alabama West as you can get. How do you mess with that? Add a little flair to the arms and bring some flair back to the pants. Helmet stays mostly the same. Brought back the cardinal facemask and kept the white facemask as an option. Jerseys see a small double stripe added to the sleeve caps. This moves the number up to the shoulders. S-Tree logo on the collar. Pants see the return of the double stripes, moving the S-Tree to the front of the pants. Black alternates stick around, with the double stripe becoming a triple stripe. 

Hockey - Hockey gets simpler uniforms. Gone is the chest stripe and black from the home and away uniforms. Cardinal and white only for the home/away uniforms. Double stripes around the arms and hem. Numbers on the arms, S-Tree on the chests. Double stripe down the sides of the pants, double stripes on the socks. White helmets for the H/A uniforms. Alternate is black, with the Stanford baseball script on the chest, moving the S-Tree to the shoulders. 

Baseball - I found the v-necks to be the best of the Stanford baseball uniforms. so they become the base for the uniforms as a whole. Cardinal hats/helmets with the S-Tree on the fronts. Like I said, V-neck jerseys with the double stripes around the neck and the arms. Stanford script on the fronts, number underneath that. Pants have the double stripes down the sides. Stanford felt like a team that would rock stirrups so I gave them the option. Black alternate hat, jersey and socks and a belt. 

Basketball - Celtics in cardinal up top, not Celtics on the bottom. That's a succinct way to sum it up. Double stripe around the arms and the neck. Stanford on the front of all 3 uniforms. Shorts have a solid color waistband, larger double stripe, interrupted by the S-Tree logo on the sides. Black alternate, double becomes triple. Nuff said. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 9/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, colinturner95 said:

MveYEhr.png

Hey! I think I've seen those before....

But great job as always. I think UCF looks good, but instead of the knight, but the gold UCF on the black football helmet. Stanford's striping reminds me a lot of ut's sleeve stripes, which are already iconic in their own right. My solution to this would be to add black back into the traditional uniforms, such as a black outline on numbers and a BWB (or WBW) sleeve stripe, which could be the same size you've shown. Or if you're not willing to go that far, maybe to a double outline on the numbers to mimic the helmet logo? Just spitballing and also I don't have my finger on the pulse of Stanford fans, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

SCsR0OU.png

uEO10fn.png NfIAIjA.png

PKZoBlV.png o7flfNY.png

Football - The Adidas experiment was short-lived in this universe, but not without some successes. I felt the font Adidas came up with was much better than the Nike version so it becomes the full use font. That said, I really didn't see anything that really needed fixed, save for the jerseys. So my big thing with this thread has been picking a common theme, I think that I found two common themes: the triple stripe on gold and I introduced, or reintroduced rather, the northwestern stripe from the Sonny Sixkiller days. I felt they work well with each other and don't compete with each other. So, the iconic gold helmet stays the same. The jerseys get northwestern stripes on the sleeves. Numbers on the chest and shoulders. Block W at the bottom of the collar. No gold alternate jersey for football. Pants, if they're gold or white have the triple stripe down the sides. If they're purple, in accordance with tradition, have no stripes. Same with the purple alternate helmet, also in accordance with tradition. 

Hockey - Not too dissimilar from what the club team wears now, except that the club team has little to no white present. So on these, the NW stripes are on the arms and the hem of the home and away jerseys. W on the chest of the same jerseys. Numbers above the stripes on the sleeves. Pants are purple, meaning no stripes, but the W on the front is present. Gold helmets for the home and away with the Huskies script. As usual, socks match the jerseys. Alternate gold jersey sees the NW stripe replaced with the triple stripe, Huskies script moves the W to the shoulders. Purple helmet for the alternate. And the other jerseys if the team chooses. 

Baseball - Pretty classic look. Changed the hat from all purple to purple/gold with the W on the front. Also added a tri-color option for the headgear. NW stripes around the sleeves of the jerseys, placket piping, script Huskies on the chest of the home, Washington the chest of the purple jersey. White pants have the triple stripe down the sides. Alternate set is billed as all gold, on a v-neck, with the triple stripe around the neck and bigger on the sleeves than the stripes on the home and away. Purple socks for all 3 uniforms. 

Basketball - Basketball uniforms at UDub have had some problems in recent years. Those shorts from a few years ago? Scary stuff. The Adidas uniforms are tame, but also boring at the same time. Granted, what I came up with isn't that much more exciting, but there's character to it IMO. NW stripes around the neck and arms of the home and away jerseys. Arched Huskies on the home, Washington on the road. Arced name on the back. Shorts are equally as simple, nothing in the way of stripes on the waistband, W on the front. NW stripes on the bottom of the shorts. W also on the sides. Gold alternate sees the NW stripe replaced with the triple stripe. Huskies is now arced as opposed to arched. That's that. 

C&C welcome on those!

On 9/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, Htown1141 said:

Stanford's striping reminds me a lot of ut's sleeve stripes, which are already iconic in their own right. My solution to this would be to add black back into the traditional uniforms, such as a black outline on numbers and a BWB (or WBW) sleeve stripe, which could be the same size you've shown. Or if you're not willing to go that far, maybe to a double outline on the numbers to mimic the helmet logo? Just spitballing and also I don't have my finger on the pulse of Stanford fans, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

I do see what you see with the sleeve stripes being nearly identical to Texas. However, I do think there are enough visual differences that distinguish between Stanford and Texas

I didn't want to add black to the cardinal and white uniforms because to me, Stanford is a Cardinal and White team, with a black alternate. It's not like Utah or Ohio State, where they are red based teams that make regular use of black. For Stanford, it's a "we wear this once a year, and that is that". 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:41 AM, colinturner95 said:

M2fkEuZ.png

uAActXZ.png OMdGsJP.png

kd1xeoj.png yr2a43b.png

Football - Stanford's uniforms are as close to Alabama West as you can get. How do you mess with that? Add a little flair to the arms and bring some flair back to the pants. Helmet stays mostly the same. Brought back the cardinal facemask and kept the white facemask as an option. Jerseys see a small double stripe added to the sleeve caps. This moves the number up to the shoulders. S-Tree logo on the collar. Pants see the return of the double stripes, moving the S-Tree to the front of the pants. Black alternates stick around, with the double stripe becoming a triple stripe. 

Hockey - Hockey gets simpler uniforms. Gone is the chest stripe and black from the home and away uniforms. Cardinal and white only for the home/away uniforms. Double stripes around the arms and hem. Numbers on the arms, S-Tree on the chests. Double stripe down the sides of the pants, double stripes on the socks. White helmets for the H/A uniforms. Alternate is black, with the Stanford baseball script on the chest, moving the S-Tree to the shoulders. 

Baseball - I found the v-necks to be the best of the Stanford baseball uniforms. so they become the base for the uniforms as a whole. Cardinal hats/helmets with the S-Tree on the fronts. Like I said, V-neck jerseys with the double stripes around the neck and the arms. Stanford script on the fronts, number underneath that. Pants have the double stripes down the sides. Stanford felt like a team that would rock stirrups so I gave them the option. Black alternate hat, jersey and socks and a belt. 

Basketball - Celtics in cardinal up top, not Celtics on the bottom. That's a succinct way to sum it up. Double stripe around the arms and the neck. Stanford on the front of all 3 uniforms. Shorts have a solid color waistband, larger double stripe, interrupted by the S-Tree logo on the sides. Black alternate, double becomes triple. Nuff said. 

C&C welcome!

Love the Stanford looks except for the baseball hats- I really think the old school block S that the baseball team uses should be worked in, it looks much better on a hat than the S tree logo IMO

TIBwti5.png

YXCIcVr.png HUfF57D.png

VgmXTAM.png ZVEBjsi.png

Football - I thought the recent update in uniforms was a change for change's sake. Granted, the set that it replaced wasn't without flaw, but I thought the now previous set was and still is superior. But I did use one thing from the new set: the cream color that has replaced white. The helmets are matte, black or orange. Triple stripe, angry Beaver logo on the sides. Jerseys have the triple stripe restored to the sleeves, without the odd curviness. Also the stripes are as big as template allows for. Same block font as the last two sets. Off-colored collars. On the pants, with the triple stripe, I kept the cut off at the bottom of the pants. It's an odd quirk but I like it. 

Hockey - With no club team, I was going to go with a more modern design, but the cream color and general design of a more traditional look, I kept it traditional. Big stripes on the arms and on the hem line. Angry Beaver on the chest of all 3, nothing special for the alternate. OSU on the shoulders of all 3. Pants have the same stripe style as football, only on 1 pair of pants. Socks match their jerseys. Also only went with one helmet. Can't really explain why, but I thought it worked better. 

Baseball - Kept it simple, but not without some quirks. Jerseys are pretty tame if you really think about it and look at them. Triple stripes, admittedly bigger than a normal baseball jersey, around the arms and the neck line. Script-ish beavers on the home/away jerseys, block OSU on the orange alt. Headgear has a few options. All black, tricolor or orange and black. All with the block OSU on the front. Pants have a larger than normal stripe down the side, with the football cut at the bottom. Socks have stripes. 

Basketball - Probably the simplest of the uniforms here, nothing vertical on the sides, or the arms or neck. Did a thing with a short example of the stripes under the arms. Beavers on the home, Oregon State on the road, OSU on the alt. Shorts have the big stripes on the bottom, angry Beaver above the stripes. Nothing much else to say here. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Beavers look great, nice classic stipe style that works great with their colors, well done

One thing that I did notice though is that there is an extra black shape above the whiskers on the logo that you used, that isn't in their current logo. It also looks like your logo might have been condensed a little horizontally. Not sure if those decisions were intentional, and they don't really change the look of the concept, just noticed it and thought I'd see if that was on purpose or not

Oregon State Beavers - Wikipedia

9 minutes ago, Section30 said:

The Beavers look great, nice classic stipe style that works great with their colors, well done

One thing that I did notice though is that there is an extra black shape above the whiskers on the logo that you used, that isn't in their current logo. It also looks like your logo might have been condensed a little horizontally. Not sure if those decisions were intentional, and they don't really change the look of the concept, just noticed it and thought I'd see if that was on purpose or not

Oregon State Beavers - Wikipedia

Imma Keep It Real With You Chief Blank Template - Imgflip

I have no idea where that shape came from. Like at all. It doesn't match anything from the files so that is weird. Though the horizontal shape was the same as from the file I got it, so it could be that was messed up from the beginning

eJyjj7h.png

mdzlOfe.pngDwA4XTY.png EKYS5jh.pngnDzTqKl.png

Fixed all the logos. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

szqhLeg.png

EX3mbXJ.pngoJx4eDl.png

qNRNfeT.png4g6O8pX.png

Football - I wanted the wing idea to work. I really did. But ultimately, I thought the NW stripe previously worn was superior. Louisville just doesn't quite feel like a "winged" team. Anyways, the helmet stays the same, Cardinal logo on the sides. Jerseys have the NW stripes on the sleeves like they did pre-2014(?), Louisville on the chest, same custom number font as current. Pants are stripeless, with Olde English L on the sides of the pants. Alternate is black, but makes use of all the colors rather than just two coloring things. 

Hockey - With this color combo, the club team has had an easy time finding jerseys. Between either rocking the Blackhawks or Team Canada's jerseys, they've done pretty well for themselves. In this case, they stay equally as simple. NW stripe on the arms and hem, you've seen this story before. Numbers up on the sleeves, Cardinal head on the chest. Socks match the hem. Pants are stripeless, like football, with the Cardinal on the front this time. Only real change on the alternate is the use of the full logo rather than just the head. 

Baseball - Again, kept things pretty simple. 3 choices for head gear, all red with the L, tri-colored with the Cardinal logo, and black with the L. Jerseys have the NW stripes on the sleeves, bigger than normal, similar to how their current red jerseys look. All 3 jerseys have Louisville with the number underneath it. Pants are stripeless, which is the current trend. Socks have the stripes like on the jerseys. 

Basketball - with a pretty classic look already established, I basically returned them to the Doctors of Dunk era style uniforms with some changes. NW stripes around the arms, neck, waistband and the bottom of the shorts. Did a Nike thing with the stripes on the shorts. Cardinal head on the sides of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived