The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

Quick turnaround but I have a busy few days coming up. 

XboeHGV.png

N4f52ub.png 82Jcj2s.png

7X7GYGj.png lRwOsFw.png

The list randomizer I used really loved the ACC. Also Florida State has a damn near perfect look so much work wasn't necessary. They are also a member of the N7 program so that now is applied to the four sports. 

Football - So literally, there was not much that changes. the Seminoles finally make the jump to the Vapor Untouchable template, though now they might skip it entirely in favor of the Vapor Fusion. The helmet remains untouched. Jerseys remain pretty much untouched. I dropped the pattern for the collar in favor of contrasting color. It cleans up the jersey a lot IMO. I know the numbers are going to change to white on the garnet jerseys next season, which does come from some historical precedent. However, IMO it doesn't work with these jerseys so the numbers stay gold outlined in white. Pants see the most change, I brought back the feather from the 2009 Pro Combat uniforms to the pants, moving the primary logo to the front of the pants. You'll notice over the white/white set, is the N7 helmet, which I think how I'm going to proceed with the rest of the football N7 schools. You'll also notice the reworked black alternate jersey. I actually really love the IRL uniforms but I really do think they can be reworked a touch. I dropped the gradient from the helmet, changed the facemask color. I also just did minor tweaks to balance the colors on the uniforms better. 

Hockey - The pattern hits the ice. Pattern on the hem and the sleeves, Chief logo on the front of the home and away jerseys. Interlocked FSU on the shoulders, above the TV numbers. Gold helmets, with the spear logos. Garnet pants with the feather down the side, socks with the pattern stripe. Two, technically, alternate jerseys. First off, an all black set that sees the FSU logo on the chest and the Chief logo on the shoulders. So unlike SDSU, who didn't get an alternate jersey with their uniform sets, FSU in this case did. So instead of a whole set based off the N7 look, I just did jersey and socks in this case, which for design purposes sees the black replaced with turquoise. 

Baseball - Much like football, baseball does have a classic look that really doesn't need to change but does in a few places. Hat stays basically the same with the baseball FS on the front. Helmet looks like a football helmet with the big spear on the side. Jerseys now have the pattern on the sleeves in a bigger way than one would normally expect on a baseball jersey. Baseball script on the front of pretty much every jersey here. Name and number on the back. Pants have the feather like everyone else. Black alternate, N7 alternate like the rest. 

Basketball - I think basketball changed the least. The feather down the side remains as close to the same as I could get it. I added the pattern stripe to the hem and to the shoulders so it was represented on the jerseys. Added SEMINOLES to the home whites, left the stacked Florida State on the home and black alternate. 

C&C welcome!

On 9/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Kent State looks fantastic! I love the colors and the use of the bolt. Although I’m interested in seeing what it would look like on the pants if it came out of the hip rather than the leg, if that makes sense. I would also shrink the shoulder flashes on the football uniform, just a tad so they don’t get cut off by the actual jersey. But otherwise I love it! Basketball in particular looks great, great use of the flashes!

I can shrink the shoulder flashes, but the pants kinda are how they are. With the way the flash tail curves, its hard to get it to look good coming off the hip. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49ZL63n.png

ARjB5zK.png 7Baiy7a.png

kq2TMyr.png vZWemi0.png

Onto the second best of the Directional Florida schools. I don't think they've had a stint with Nike, but previous work by Adidas and UA would make it pretty easy for a jump to the Swoosh

Football - Like I mentioned above, there's a good, now pretty well established look that works well. No more chrome domes, matte green and gold with the horned U logo on both sides. On the jerseys, a quasi-Northwestern stripe is functioned into a stripe that terminates in the horn of the logo on the back of the stripe. On the chest, USF logo, number font matches the logo in outlines. Pants have the simplified stripe. There would be a white pants option, for that, it'll be on the Uni Picker site.  Alternate jerseys reflects the SoFLo look brought on by UA and reworked by Adidas. I kept it on a black uniform because it looked the best. Matte black helmet with an accompanying stripe with the gradient. Logo features the same treatment which works its way down the jersey in several ways. 

Hockey - The Ice Bulls have a good look on the ice, a bit simple but nevertheless good. I again sought to improve it. Sleeves get the horn stripe, which necessitated the numbers being on the shoulder instead of the sleeve because it works on the front of the jersey but not on the back. U logo on the chest above the NW stripe. Socks and pants have the same stripe. Green helmets for both home and away. SoFlo alternates as well with all the bells and whistles. 

Baseball - To the diamond, a lot of the same. Green hats and helmets, gold brim, Horned logo on the front of both. On the home whites, script Bulls logo, number underneath it. Bull Stripes on the sleeves. USF logo on the back up near the collar. On the road greens, USF on the chest, number underneath it. Pants have the simple NW stripe. SoFlo blackout alternates like the rest of the family. 

Basketball - Basketball's uniforms got a much needed redesign. The Adidas uniforms are full of patterns and just don't look good to me. So these get a much needed simplification, not much designed on the tops. USF above the numbers on the chests, NW stripe down the side. I didn't feel as though they needed anything else. Shorts are equally as simple, with the Horn stripe on the bottom hem of the shorts, Bull Logo on the waistband. And where it all started, the SoFlo alternates. I wanted to do the board shorts look like UA had done, but with the stripe where it is, it just didn't work. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

0fM7imn.png

RorcMpU.png n27Gmxq.png

atv1YRM.png J1YYJGH.png

Akron hasn't had a "good" look IMO in recent years but at the same time they haven't really had a bad one either. It's more than time to unify and simplify. 

Football -  First things first, the chrome helmets are gone. I think that was simply an understatement. Still left with two helmet options, classic gold helmet with the Z logo on the side, navy facemask. Alternate option is navy helmet, I did keep a gold chrome facemask, also with the Z logo on the side. On the jerseys I came up with a pointy two color stripe that runs on the seam between the sleeve caps and the body of the jersey. ZIPS wordmark on the chest, AKRON number font on the front and back. I do believe this is the first case of a gold alt for the Zips, I could be wrong on that. Pants have the stripe I mentioned coming up from the bottom of the pants. 

Hockey - Much like football, Zip stripe on the sleeves that get smaller from front to back. Z logo on the front with AKRON over top of it. On the shoulders, rising off the shoulders, is the Roo logo. On the hem, same stripe that gets bigger from left to right on the front, and reverse of that on the back. Home/away jerseys get the navy helmets. Socks have a simpler set of stripes on them. Pants have the same stripe treatment as football. Gold alternate jersey has the jumping Roo logo on the front with a gold helmet option. 

Baseball - In contrast to the previous two sports, this time the stripes go from small to big from front to back. It just works out better than the other direction. Anyways, so the stripe direction reverses, but stays in the same relative place. Script Akron logo on the front of the home and away jerseys. Hats and helmets get one option, navy/gold with the A/Roo logo combo. Pants have the same stripe treatment as football. Alternate is all gold, jersey is a two button pullover, with ZIPS on the chest. 

Basketball - I don't particularly love switching templates wholesale in the middle of a project but after several issues with my basketball file, I had to make a switch that seemed to fix all issues. That being said, if anyone would be able to help me try and figure out whats up with my other file, that would be really helpful. Anyways, basketball, based on all the photos I could find, are already outfitted by Nike. But I wouldn't be celebrating that fact. Navy and black on the same jersey should be a cardinal sin. Anyways, Zip stripes around the arms and the collar. Arched AKRON on the chest of the home and away, number underneath. Shorts have the Zip stripe on one side and the oversized Roo on the other. They've had it on their uniforms for a couple years now and I love it. 

C&C always welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

23 hours ago, Section30 said:

For Akron's hockey jerseys I would remove the "Akron" and just leave the Z on the home and away. I also wonder what the alternate would look like without the text or using the script from the baseball jerseys. Other than that Akron looks great!

WDD7ZiY.png 9u0UUgw.png

Both good options imo. the standalone Zip does look a little plain, I guess for lack of a better term, but still not bad. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

qat1hwn.png

pRVIALZ.png StGBxuq.png

GU8jiMn.png 7zX8H67.png

If I had to pick an early (is 65 teams in still considered early?) contender for favorite redesign, it would be this one. The colors, fonts, logos, they all just work together well, well before i got my hands on it. But to that end, I thought that there could be some modifications made. While I thought the new identity that came out a few years ago was spectacular, I always felt that the previous football uniforms (with the pointed stripes) were the superior uniforms overall, but combined, the two identities would be golden. 

Football - Like I said, this is going to be two uniform sets coming together. Starting with the helmets, the barbed wire is (sadly, I actually liked that one ) gone, Phantom Pete/Pistol Pete are gone. Its just one stripe style across three helmet shells with the OSU logo on both sides. I didn't want to get rid of the marshal's badge totally so it sits at the base of the stripe with the player's number in it. As to the uniforms, I resurrected the 2011 uniform stripes back to their spots on the sleeves. While it is minimized, the bandana pattern stays on in the collar. New number font and wordmarks stay around, numbers on the uniforms, wordmarks on the helmets. Pants also see the 2011 stripes revived. 

Hockey - So in my research, I couldn't actually figure out if Ok. State has any form of current hockey team. They have an alumni Facebook page, but nothing that suggests a current team. So in essence, really starting with no historical basis, which is just fine. Stripes on the sleeves match the football uniforms sleeves, hem stripe is the almost same just not cut off on the ends so it wraps around the whole jersey. OSU logo on the front of the home and away uniforms, Pistol Pete on the black alternate. Collar has the bandana pattern in the collar. Haven't done an alternate pants set in hockey in a while, but here I think it works. Went with the helmet stripe on the pants, just felt better. Helmets, black and white. Tried an orange bucket, wasn't feeling it. Marshall badge logo on the pants and helmets.

Baseball - I went the pullover v-neck route for the baseball team. It flowed better with the collar and the pattern so it got applied to all the uniforms. Before that, two hats and helmets. Orange/black with OSU, black/orange with OSU. Both helmets get the marshall badge. Jerseys, like I said, v-necks. Home/away get the Oklahoma over bat logo, number underneath that. Same stripes on the sleeves as the previous two sports. Alternate black jersey gets the super nice COWBOYS script from the basketball uniforms. Pistol Pete is on the back of all three jerseys, up near the collar. Ok. State loves their colored pants so all three colors are represented with the same stripe as the football helmet and hockey pants 

Basketball - For basketball (bear with me, new template, still getting used to it), kept it consistent with the rest of the teams. Collar has the bandana pattern. On the arm holes, I did a simpler, not notched stripe, that wraps the whole way around. COWBOYS on all three jerseys in some way, home and away has it on the newer Barbed Wire font, alternate has the script COWBOYS. Shorts are relatively simple, notched stripe wraps almost around on the bottom of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, bkknight95 said:

qat1hwn.png

pRVIALZ.png StGBxuq.png

GU8jiMn.png 7zX8H67.png

If I had to pick an early (is 65 teams in still considered early?) contender for favorite redesign, it would be this one. The colors, fonts, logos, they all just work together well, well before i got my hands on it. But to that end, I thought that there could be some modifications made. While I thought the new identity that came out a few years ago was spectacular, I always felt that the previous football uniforms (with the pointed stripes) were the superior uniforms overall, but combined, the two identities would be golden. 

Football - Like I said, this is going to be two uniform sets coming together. Starting with the helmets, the barbed wire is (sadly, I actually liked that one ) gone, Phantom Pete/Pistol Pete are gone. Its just one stripe style across three helmet shells with the OSU logo on both sides. I didn't want to get rid of the marshal's badge totally so it sits at the base of the stripe with the player's number in it. As to the uniforms, I resurrected the 2011 uniform stripes back to their spots on the sleeves. While it is minimized, the bandana pattern stays on in the collar. New number font and wordmarks stay around, numbers on the uniforms, wordmarks on the helmets. Pants also see the 2011 stripes revived. 

Hockey - So in my research, I couldn't actually figure out if Ok. State has any form of current hockey team. They have an alumni Facebook page, but nothing that suggests a current team. So in essence, really starting with no historical basis, which is just fine. Stripes on the sleeves match the football uniforms sleeves, hem stripe is the almost same just not cut off on the ends so it wraps around the whole jersey. OSU logo on the front of the home and away uniforms, Pistol Pete on the black alternate. Collar has the bandana pattern in the collar. Haven't done an alternate pants set in hockey in a while, but here I think it works. Went with the helmet stripe on the pants, just felt better. Helmets, black and white. Tried an orange bucket, wasn't feeling it. Marshall badge logo on the pants and helmets.

Baseball - I went the pullover v-neck route for the baseball team. It flowed better with the collar and the pattern so it got applied to all the uniforms. Before that, two hats and helmets. Orange/black with OSU, black/orange with OSU. Both helmets get the marshall badge. Jerseys, like I said, v-necks. Home/away get the Oklahoma over bat logo, number underneath that. Same stripes on the sleeves as the previous two sports. Alternate black jersey gets the super nice COWBOYS script from the basketball uniforms. Pistol Pete is on the back of all three jerseys, up near the collar. Ok. State loves their colored pants so all three colors are represented with the same stripe as the football helmet and hockey pants 

Basketball - For basketball (bear with me, new template, still getting used to it), kept it consistent with the rest of the teams. Collar has the bandana pattern. On the arm holes, I did a simpler, not notched stripe, that wraps the whole way around. COWBOYS on all three jerseys in some way, home and away has it on the newer Barbed Wire font, alternate has the script COWBOYS. Shorts are relatively simple, notched stripe wraps almost around on the bottom of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

Oklahoma State looks fantastic, baseball in particular.

Do you happen to have a full version of the collar pattern?  Id like to remake these in OOTP.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Wow ok, I’m so glad you got to my school. I think that this is an awesome compromise between the current look and previous look. In saying that, I think that adding orange to the bandana makes it look a little too busy. I think reverting to the grey on black might make it look less busy. Also, I think maybe doing replacing the Pistol Pete with Phantom Pete on the black jerseys might tie the look together. And one last little thing, I think adding a Boone patch or bumper on the helmets would really make the look special. With all he did for the school, he deserves a full-time patch similar to what the Bears and Lions have.  But seriously, this makes me so happy as both a fan and an alumni

That's what- She

10 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Wow ok, I’m so glad you got to my school. I think that this is an awesome compromise between the current look and previous look. In saying that, I think that adding orange to the bandana makes it look a little too busy. I think reverting to the grey on black might make it look less busy. Also, I think maybe doing replacing the Pistol Pete with Phantom Pete on the black jerseys might tie the look together. And one last little thing, I think adding a Boone patch or bumper on the helmets would really make the look special. With all he did for the school, he deserves a full-time patch similar to what the Bears and Lions have.  But seriously, this makes me so happy as both a fan and an alumni

2J8X0fy.png PXMEoem.png

WwupvK7.png VMUlcYr.png

So I did a little bit of a compromise on the collar pattern. On the orange jersey, the collar IMO blends nicely. Changing it to grey made it stand out too much. Now the inverse was true for the white jerseys. Black collar with the orange pattern was a bit obnoxious so that's where I thought change would be best suited. I did try out Phantom Pete on the black hockey jersey. Still don't know how I feels about it. As for the BOONE patch, for football and hockey, it landed on the base of the collar. It felt the best placed there. Baseball sees it applied to the right sleeves and basketball also ends up seeing at the base of the collar. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 7/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, bkknight95 said:

As for the remaining N7 teams, going off of the teams that wore the basketball uniforms this past season, those teams will be: Florida State, Oklahoma State, New Mexico, and Stanford

Are we going to see N7 uniforms for OSU?

16 hours ago, anonymous. said:

Are we going to see N7 uniforms for OSU?

8Hrx14d.png 6xMmddm.png

So I don't know how I forgot about their N7 uniforms when I was working on them, but here they are. As is the case for all football N7 Teams, turquoise helmet. Rest of the sports, turquoise jerseys and some turquoise accessories. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I feel like we haven't had a stop in the Big Ten in a while but that's where the bus takes us next. 

nubwlba.png

tRPDyNT.png 579i4Fv.png

UWBkDTH.png 5TRmg8X.png

After seeing what Illinois did to their football uniforms and what they're doing to their basketball uniforms, this became a save the identity look for me. the changes were inexplicable and definitely slid the uniforms backwards a ways. I sought to undo it all. 

Football - Like I mentioned, not a fan of any of the changes. Why build a new identity and strip it all away? So on the helmets. Stripes return to the helmets, along with the color white. Both shells are matte. Jerseys see some life breathed back into them. Stripes return to the sleeves and sleeve cuffs. Number font doesn't change, regains its previous outlines. Stripes from the victory badge at the base of the collar. Pants also see the stripes restored. Socks and cleats match the uniforms you see them with, but can ultimately mix and match. 

Hockey - Illinois' hockey program seems prime to become the next team in the Big Ten to hit the Div.1 ice, but time will tell with that. But if they were, they should hit the ice in some matching sweaters. Stripes around the sleeves and hems that match the football stripes. The current club team uses a Rangers' style wordmark, and I personally really liked it and so it stays on in the current font. Pants have the same stripe down the side, victory badge on the front. The club team also has an alternate that has stripes similar to the Canadiens. Swapped that out for the Illinois' stripe with the victory badge as the crest. 

Baseball - On the diamond, things haven't been destroyed by subtraction so this wasn't a hard transition. Hats/helmets all have the Block- I on the front on either an orange or navy bucket. Jerseys are pretty simple with the Illinois Stripe on the sleeves, Illinois wordmark featuring a number underneath it. Victory badge on the back up near the collar. Pants have the same stripes down the side. Orange and navy socks and cleats for some mixing and matching with the hats. 

Basketball - Finally, this sport has wrecked its uniforms like football has for no good real reason. So this sees a lot of the good restored. Stripes around the arm holes with a single color collar. Put FIGHTING ILLINI back on the white jerseys after a i don't know how long hiatus. Same stripes down the sides of the jerseys that continue onto the shorts. Short waistbands are now a contrasting color with the victory badge on the front center. 

C&C Welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Very topical(mod edit)

In all seriousness these are great uniforms. I like the return of stripes on the football helmets, and that white hockey sweater is just a thing of beauty. But I feel like the vertical stripes on the collar of the football and hockey uniforms are a bit tacky, and that the Fighting Illini on the white basketball jersey doesn't need to come back.

Those Illinois hockey jerseys are really good. The diagonal marks look great. 

Football helmets look better with the stripes...but I grew up in the 80s/90s so Illinois will always look better with a white facemask (oh geez facemasks huh). And Illinois looked better in regular glossy helmets than satin/matte, IMO.

Maybe make the football numbers one color (like in the past) but keep the stripes? I dunno.

All in all, what you have there is far better than the disastrous set the Illini currently wear. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived