The 1972 Project: The Finale: Oregon Ducks

colinturner95

22 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

I get what you're saying about the addition of grey vs having the black as the alternate uniform. My biggest fear was having a grey uniform would make them too similar to my A&M concept which also has a grey alternate. 

I think that grey does work better for the Bulldogs' maroon and white, but for individuality I do think that black uniforms will help maintain that vs Texas A&M. 

Oops, I forgot about your A&M concept, I get what your saying, sucks the SEC has so many similar color schemes

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

63ZCmeB.png

giOUQyj.png 9ISSlbB.png

UOU9Odv.png dFBbZwE.png

Football - Is SMU officially back? Idk, only time will tell, I just make uniforms. Kept the main helmet largely the same. Mustang logo on both sides, Dickerson-era stripe down the middle, red facemasks. Also brought a red bucket back for use with properly inverted colors. Jerseys work off of the newly unveiled Dallas uniforms, with the double stripe built from the helmet stripe. SMU on the chest. Only one pair of pants, same stripes as the helmet down the side, the other colors threw things off IMO. Alternate blue jersey becomes the new Dallas jersey with the Dallas script replacing SMU on the chest, and the inline D-logo replacing the standalone Mustang on the helmet. 

Hockey - Hockey jerseys work a lot like the football jerseys. Double stripes on the sleeves, single stripe on the hem. Full arched SMU logo above the Mustang on the chest, numbers on the sleeves. Like football, one pair of pants, this time red with the single stripe down the side, Full logo on the front pant leg. Alternate blue jersey, also a Dallas variant, this time with a script afixed to it, Mustang logo just under it. This moves the SMU to the shoulders. 

Baseball - Elevating another club team in this case, kept things about as classic and on-brand as I could. Hats/helmets get 3 variants: an all red option and 3 color, white panel front. Both of those get the arched SMU on the front. Alternate hat gets the inline-D logo with the Mustang on a blue hat with a red brim. Jerseys are classic button ups with single color placket piping. Script Mustangs on the home whites, arched SMU on the road reds and Dallas script on the alternate blues. Double stripes on the sleeves of all three jerseys. Pants all have the same stripes as football and hockey's pants. Socks also have the double stripes on two different colors. 

Basketball - Seeing as how the current jerseys have little to no life to them, these are infused with stripes and colors of all sorts. Single stripe on the shoulders of the jerseys, SMU above the numbers on the chests of the home and away sets. Shorts have a single colored waistband, SMU on the front in an off-colored square. Did some Nike-esque things with the shorts stripes that cut on the triangle of the shorts but still wrap around the whole of the legs, Mustang logos on the sides. Alternate jerseys are mostly the same with the tail-less Dallas script on the chest, Mustang logo on the waistband and the inline-D on the sides of the shorts now. 

C&C welcome as always!

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Oops, I forgot about your A&M concept, I get what your saying, sucks the SEC has so many similar color schemes

I get it though, the SEC does have a lot of similar colors in it. It also doesn't help that Texas A&M was the 9th team I posted and MSU ended up being the 90th team posted. Lots of time between those. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I love utilizing the Dallas concept for SMU. My only critique is using the mustang logo underneath the Dallas script. It looks a bit cluttered. I think you could get away with using the D-circle logo on the back of the baseball jerseys or shoulders on the hockey sweaters.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

13 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I love utilizing the Dallas concept for SMU. My only critique is using the mustang logo underneath the Dallas script. It looks a bit cluttered. I think you could get away with using the D-circle logo on the back of the baseball jerseys or shoulders on the hockey sweaters.

fCOhEMS.png AL3qwLJ.png

Thought I could get away with the full script look on the hockey jersey but I knew it would be a stretch to get it to work on the baseball jersey. 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mustang is facing the wrong way on basketball shorts

nLioG8H.png

Well that's embarrassing. But fixed. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Current Mississippi State student here.  Love what you did with our look. It adds a little more consistency without getting rid of too much (namely the baseball-only logo and the '85 wordmark).  Those hockey alternates are beautiful, too.  My only major complaint would be the use of the recolored M-State logo (where the M is white and the banner is maroon) on dark backgrounds.  We've been moving away from that for the last several years and instead using a white or grey outlined version of the maroon M-State logo.  Could also probably do without the bulldog on the football collars (we haven't really used that logo in several years), but that's a minor nitpick.  Overall, though, great work. 

OZi14yL.png 

b8ilx6F.png WbVmyg2.png

stZnuxU.png y9GdDZz.png

Football - I really didn't know where I was going to go with MTSU at first. I then dug back into the history books and I decided to redo a past look. Also, fun thing that I found, was that the Blue Raiders use on their uniforms a more royal blue but the style guide has it closer to a Detroit Lions blue. To the uniforms: the helmets all have the full MT-Horse logo on the sides. The helmet stripe is wide, and is incomplete, with a small squatch of color at the bottom of the stripe, with the number sitting underneath the stripe. The jerseys use a similar stripe to past year's uniforms, with a small stripe of a secondary color. Block font, off-color collar. Pants have a similar stripe like the helmets, but ends with a slant in the stripe. 

Hockey - The club team makes heavy use of black, which has now been replaced with grey. I ended up doing a bit of a VGK/AZ Coyotes jersey type thing, with the big color up on the upper arms and smaller stripe in the more traditional location. Off-colored collar like football. MT-Horse Logo on the chest of all 3 jerseys. Hem stripe is a flatter version of the other stripes across the other uniforms, same with the socks. Pants have a very similar stripe to football. 

Baseball - In a marked contrast to football, only one hat/helmet combo for baseball: blue/grey with the MT only logo on the front. For the jerseys, I went with a faux-vest style thing, instead of forcing the same style stripes as football. Used the Raiders script on all 3 jerseys, all with the number underneath it. MT-horse logo on the back, near the collar. Pants have the same stripes as football and hockey's pants as well. 

Basketball - For basketball, I went a slightly different route, doing a shoulder yoke style design that mirrors the stripes everybody else has been using. Also kept their stacked wordmark treatments, between the Blue Raiders version and the Middle Tennessee version. Contrasting waistbands on the shorts, and if you haven't gathered the pattern yet, same style stripe as everyone else, except this time it come up from the bottom. Alternate grey uniform makes use of the baseball script, with no other changes made. 

C&C welcome! And in these uncertain times, stay safe wherever you guys are at!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks later, and quarantine is starting to kick my ass. Also virtual school isn't as fun as I hoped and dreamed. 

THJ2i4E.png

rnF7yYZ.png BcTgrxT.png

8kaQrFV.png n9aT0Nc.png

Football - The jump back to Nike for the Jaguars sees a bit more added to the uniforms as a whole compared to what they've been wearing with Adidas. On the helmet, I went with a pointy northwestern stripe type design as the stripe. Jaguar logo on the sides, navy facemask. Jerseys have a slightly simpler stripe, missing one of the outer stripes. Kept the Nike font, put Jaguars on the front of the 3 jerseys. Pants have the full stripes on the sides. Alternate uniforms are navy, with an all navy helmet with JAGS on the sides. 

Hockey - With little to no hockey history at USA, these are the first hockey uniforms for the school. Kept it pretty easy and simple with these, did the simpler version of the stripes on the sleeves and a full non-pointy stripe on the helm. Went with the jaguar logo on the chest of all 3. Pants have the stripes down the sides, with JAGS on the front of the pant legs. 

Baseball - Baseball on the other hand has a lot of history at the school, but I really didn't use any of that in this case, keeping it pretty modern looking. Though the hats and helmets keep the block SA monogram on an all red and navy and red set of hats and helmets. Jerseys are two button pullovers, both home and away get Jaguars. I tried to find a way to put South Alabama on the road jersey, but it just didn't work out. Sleeves have the simpler version of the stripe. Pants have the whole stripe, socks have an unmodified northwestern stripe to match. 

Basketball - Combined a little of new and old with these. Went with some classic style striping around the neck and arms, but did the pointy stripes on the sides of the jerseys. Jaguars above the number on the home. Stacked South Alabama sandwich on the road, JAGS above the number on the alternate. Shorts get the simpler stripe coming up at an angle from the triangle cut on the shorts.

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Ah, USA, finally!

I've tracked South's football uniforms for a few years now and have a decent relationship with their equipment team. And boy could they use this redesign.

After hiring a new coach two years ago, the Jags have only worn 2 different combinations. I called them the "Oregon of the South" a few years ago after they had a different combo every single game of the season.

The tapering stripe fits perfect with the Jag head logo. I love how you utilized that. I'd personally like to see something other than the Houston Cougars italic number font, but that's been a favorite for South lately and I can't argue that here.

Well done!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Ah, USA, finally!

I've tracked South's football uniforms for a few years now and have a decent relationship with their equipment team. And boy could they use this redesign.

After hiring a new coach two years ago, the Jags have only worn 2 different combinations. I called them the "Oregon of the South" a few years ago after they had a different combo every single game of the season.

The tapering stripe fits perfect with the Jag head logo. I love how you utilized that. I'd personally like to see something other than the Houston Cougars italic number font, but that's been a favorite for South lately and I can't argue that here.

Well done!

I honestly almost put them back in a block font but it clashed with the wordmarks so honestly I left it. It's a goofy font but IMO it's become South Alabama

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 minutes ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I am so sorry it’s so late, but any way you could take the beveling off of A&M’s logo?  I think it would look a bunch better

I have another concept thread going for that idea already. When all the teams are done, there's a few I'm going to go back and make some updates to and I can add them to that list. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

All the concepts are pure sex! I am speechless really! Amongst the greatest threads I've ever seen on the forum!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

After having my ass kicked and dragged through the mud by 6 finals, I have come back from the dead definitely alive but definitely not better than ever

HWaw6YU.png

LHlilmU.png 4NfL2ZY.png

tDPxUxE.png 8j8fzQW.png

Football - So now that we've arrived at State Flag U,  Maryland, I knew that I had two options: Flag or Turtles. I went with the flag option, mostly due to the helmets. To that end, I kept the airbrushed helmet design (don't ask me to make that ever again) with the number on the back of the helmet. Jerseys are still the stripped down version that they unveiled a year or two ago. Flag split between the shoulder caps. Same font as they've had for years. Pants now have the ribbon flag from the logo set as a stripe. Alternate is the BlackOps uniform, mostly because they are my favorite and IMO, the best of the OPS uniforms. 

Hockey - In what is a big departure from what the club team wears now, gone are the random stripes on the arms and now the stripes are much like the football uniforms with the flag on the sleeves, split in the same way as football. On the hem, I used the ribbon flag design as the hem stripe. M-Flag logo on the chest of both the home and away jerseys. Pants, like football, have the ribbon stripe up the side. Two pants options are also present, black and red, meaning there can be some mix and match here. Alternate is BlackOps as well, with the blacked out flag and other elements, as well as the classic college style treatment, instead of a logo. 

Baseball - So if you haven't guessed what the look is going to be by now, lots of flag imagery. Hats and helmets on the home and away are all red with the M on the front. Jerseys have the ribbon flag serving as the flags on the sleeves. One color placket striping. Arched Maryland wordmark, ultimately on all 3 jerseys, number underneath it. Pants have the ribbon striping at the bottom of the pant legs, and the socks are striped as well. BlackOps alternate, same as the other ones. 

Basketball - Finally to the hardwood, took a little bit of the inspiration from the original Pride uniforms, with the state flag design prominently featured on the shoulders. As opposed to the IRL uniforms, full outlined wordmark on the chests to match the numbers. Shorts have a colored waistband, with the M-Flag logo on the front, Ribbon flag up the side of the shorts. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

rgwraRS.png

obzWbrJ.png UcEBHKt.png

cGPhgQs.png GdJqAQA.png

Football - I was immediately drawn to a classic look for the Miners. That started with the helmets which are a glossy orange, with the UTEP logo on the sides, with a classic triple stripe down the middle. Jerseys are just as classic with Colts-style striping down the shoulders. The cut might look at a first glance, to be kind of odd, but the idea behind the curve of that stripe was that it was cut at the same curve as the pickaxe logo. If you believe that or not, it ends up looking a lot like the classic UCLA style jerseys, which to a lot of people is a win. Pants have the same stripes as the helmets. Alternate helmet has just the pickaxe, on a gloss navy shell. 

Hockey - The UTEP hockey club is very successful and something that can't be said for a lot of club teams, they also have very good uniforms. I wanted to keep that going, so rather than my first idea of doing something California Golden Seals style, I went with simple triple stripes on the sleeves/hem, off-colored tie-down collars. Went with the UTEP logo on the chests of the home and away uniforms, with the pickaxe logo on the shoulders. Away jersey gets a navy shoulder yoke. Pants have the same stripes as the football pants. Alternate orange jersey gets the college style wordmark treatment with the UTEP logo moving to the shoulders. Also adds an orange helmet to the mix.

Baseball - UTEP had a baseball team, it went away and there isn't much information about it. That said, I kept things int he classic realm with classic stripes on the sleeves and around the collar. All 3 jerseys are button downs. Hats have three distinct styles. Navy/orange and Orange/navy with the UTEP logo, and a white-paneled front style with the standalone pickaxe logo. Jerseys have a few different things going on, white jersey has the script logo I created, UTEP in block style on the road navy and MINERS on the alt orange. Pants have the stripe down the sides, socks, both navy and orange are striped as well. 

Basketball - Keeping everything in the classic category, went with a style that basically keeps the IRL orange jerseys intact. Changed those from having shoulder stripes to having it around the arms and collar and down the sides that connects to the shorts. Block wordmarks on the home and the away jerseys with the number underneath it. Alternate orange has the UTEP logo which is basically a wordmark in and of itself, with a staggered number underneath and to the side of it. Shorts have the stripes down the side and around the bottom of the shorts. Pickaxe logo on the front of the waistband. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived