CCSLC Archiving/Topic Bumping Policy

Effective immediately, all threads on the CCSLC, with the exception of forum announcements, fantasy leagues, and pinned threads, will be archived if the last post is more than two years old.  Archived threads cannot be replied to nor can they be searched but they are still visible.  Threads will automatically be archived by the board software as soon as the two year mark is reached.

As a result, any thread that has not met the criteria to be archived can be freely posted in by anyone.  This means that we no longer have nor will enforce any policy towards the bumping of topics.  DO NOT REPORT ANY THREAD TO THE MODERATOR TEAM FOR BEING POSTED IN AFTER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME!

Archived threads can be reactivated on a case-by-case basis.

VmWIn6B.png

Beautiful.  I get irrationally aroused by things like this.  It's like cleaning up a hoarder's house.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Can I ask how 24 months was determined to be the length? As most uniform changes, logo changes, season discussions, happen on a year-to-year basis, why leave it open for a 23-month old topic to be bumped?

1 hour ago, OMMF said:

Can I ask how 24 months was determined to be the length? As most uniform changes, logo changes, season discussions, happen on a year-to-year basis, why leave it open for a 23-month old topic to be bumped?

That was Chris’ call.

VmWIn6B.png

Forum Policies and Announcements

We are introducing a new thread management system that will lock old threads. 

NEXT UNREAD TOPIC > 

We banned a poster named Teal who was obsessed with the color teal and got mad when people didn't like teal

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess I like this.  Right now, if someone wants to talk about something that was discussed a few years ago, they either get shunned for resurrecting a dormant thread or they get shunned for starting a new topic that already existed.  Hopefully if someone wants to discuss an archived topic with a new thread, that will be allowable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

We've just completed running specially crafted code.  The auto-archiving was replaced with auto-locking.  All threads are now searchable.

VmWIn6B.png

• LMU unpinned this topic

Archived