ldconcepts' NHL Redesign 3.0 (Bracket Updated)

ldconcepts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up are the Colorado Avalanche.

avs+series.png

Their current jerseys are almost perfect, so I'm not going to just tweak them and call it a day. I overhauled their colour scheme, lightening the maroon, replacing their light blue with navy blue, and replacing silver with a lighter blue. I relegated the mountain pattern to the sleeves, went with simple striping on the cuffs and shoulder yokes and brought back the yeti foot.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 4/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, Morgo said:

I'm a big fan of this set.  Darkening the red is a necessity if you're going to remove the black and I love the subtle nod the 2004 set.  The font choice is great too.  Clean, attractive, modern and well suited to the striping configuration.  The one element I'm not feeling however is the inclusion of the shoulder yoke on the white.  It doesn't fit with the angled stripes and it boxes-in not only the primary logo but the shoulder patches as well.  The home reds look so much stronger because the logos are allowed to breathe.

I like the set a lot, too.  I like the yoke on the white.  The only thing I don’t really like is the large amount of white on the bottom of the red jersey.  I’d make that red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's my take on the Capitals:

caps+update.png

The Capitals, in my opinion, can use a number of logos as primary, except for their current crest. I went with their Stadium Series logo, and complemented it with striping inspired by the DC flag on the arms. I kept the hem, pants and numbers simple.

Nyzv9xS.png

The colors of the W and the stars on the red jersey could be flipped. It doesn't have the best contrast right now...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Next up are the Anaheim Ducks.

Anaheim+Ducks+Concept.png

This one took a lot of work to get it where I wanted it, but I'm happy with the result. I returned to their Mighty jade and eggplant scheme, and used an unused updated version of their original chest logo. I used a striping pattern similar to their orange alternate from a few years ago, but slightly tweaked to accommodate the new colour scheme. I also used the current font.

Nyzv9xS.png

Comments on the Ducks are still welcome, but here are the Jets:

Winnipeg+Jets+Concept2.png

I mixed the new and old Jets' striping patterns, creating a look that works on both light and dark jerseys. I kept the arm striping relegated to a full length yoke shape that isn't entirely filled in, and coloured the hems and cuffs on both jerseys.

I also created a version where red replaces light blue:

Winnipeg+Jets+Concept2+update.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Thanks! Here are the Devils.

New+Jersey+Devils+Concept2.png

I switched their black to a very dark green, paying tribute to their original colour scheme. I used a matching striping pattern on both jerseys, which emulates the logo. To keep the colour balance similar to their more recent sets, I kept the dark yokes.

Nyzv9xS.png

And that finishes it off!
I usually like to create a graphic to summarize the series. This time, I created a bracket where when a team advances in this year's playoffs, I replace my light concept for them with my dark concept. I'll update this as the games play out. With Tampa and Vegas advancing last night, here's where it's at:

bracket1.png

Other than that, C&C is appreciated on the Devils as well as the series itself. Which concepts were your favourites?

Nyzv9xS.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived