ldconcepts' NHL Redesign 3.0 (Bracket Updated)

ldconcepts

On 4/17/2018 at 8:42 AM, ldconcepts said:

Hopefully this concept will *ahem* spark some C&C.

Tampa+Bay+Lightning+Concept.png

For the Lightning, I reintroduced black into their colour scheme, notably on the pants. I recoloured their Edge logo and removed the text. I kept the home jersey blue, but used a pattern based off of their inaugural uniforms with silver accents. On the away jersey, I kept the same pattern, but added blue yokes, hems and cuffs. I also kept the current font, but added silver.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

current Bolts look is bland and too similar to Toronto...  so, 100% great idea to going back to black & silver.  perhaps silver lining to circle. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, ldconcepts said:

Here's a little update for the Flames:

updated+flames.png

I really like this jersey. Simplicity always will make an impression and will stand the test of time if you do it right. You got it right with this jersey. Nice Job!

On 4/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, ldconcepts said:

Next up are the Colorado Avalanche.

avs+series.png

Their current jerseys are almost perfect, so I'm not going to just tweak them and call it a day. I overhauled their colour scheme, lightening the maroon, replacing their light blue with navy blue, and replacing silver with a lighter blue. I relegated the mountain pattern to the sleeves, went with simple striping on the cuffs and shoulder yokes and brought back the yeti foot.

The shoulder/alternate logo is incorrect. The Avs went away from the yeti/Sasquatch/Bigfoot alternate in 2015. 

The lightened marron looks too red to me. I do like the switch to the mountain pattern only on the sleeve, but I think the shoulder yoke is too busy with three colors and it needs to be brought all the way down the sleeve. Also, thank you for going to navy with the pants and helmet. I’ve always felt the Avs black pants and helmets did not fit with their color scheme. 

On 3/26/2018 at 2:29 PM, ldconcepts said:

I think I'll revisit Carolina later. For now, here are the Buffalo Sabres.

Buffalo+Sabres+Concept2.png

The Sabres have a number of great uniform options to choose from, and they're slowly improving, trying to fix their 90s mistake. I wanted to create something new. Like most, I changed to royal blue and got rid of grey. On the arms, I used a thick double yellow striping pattern with blue accents. On the hem, I got rid of one stripe to reduce clutter, and added a blue yoke to the away jersey. I used all white numbers on the blue jersey, and blue with yellow outlines on the white.

GOLD. GOLD. WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?

spacer.png

Great thread. Penguins and Avs are my personal favorites. Love the introduction of sky blue on the Avs - especially on the road jersey. Caps have a cool vintage-yet-modern feel too, but I think the W ok the red jersey would pop more if you added a white outline (which would match the stripes and and still be consistent with the white jersey) or flipped it to white and let the stars be blue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ducks & Kings are both "meh" AF. 

Senators, however, are GD amazing. Flames are incredible too. 

Not digging the darker blue for the Oilers, & I think the Rangers identity would benefit from a diagonal "NEW YORK" on the roads as opposed to "RANGERS" on both. You're on the right track as far as the Kings are concerned, but you need to reach a little farther back into their history to when they had a unique (and quite frankly, incredible) look with the addition of some gold to that Forum Blue! Also, I think the Lightning's current threads are perfection. Not a fan of going back to their inferior 90's bolt on the primary. 

And I saved the most near & dear for last: The Ducks. First off, those sticks need to be YELLOW (not orange or silver)! Or better yet, use the Ducks current gold on the sticks, their orange to accent the roundel behind Wild Wing's mask, and black for the roundel itself. And the horizontal waist stripes need to go. Maybe add some shoulder yoke to the home sweaters & possibly even a bilateral patch and see how that looks! 

Hope the C&C isn't too little, too late! Wouldve commented sooner, but just discovered this thread (amazing work overall, btw. The overwhelming majority of your ideas are outstanding.)

Archived