Luingus221

Welcome to the 90's

IMG_9243.thumb.JPG.36d82ee40c2376a45ff8622b9f35e83c.JPG

From the curvy font to the obscurr w and the ultra modern wizard logo, these will always be ugly. Also the navy black Vegas gold color scheme wasn’t helping either

8 hours ago, Shumway said:

Also, the 1994 Kentucky Uniforms (well, shorts, mostly). Woof.

anthony_epps2.jpg

I'd sort of forgotten that doing goofy stuff with your shorts was a thing in college hoops in the 1990s.

feb-1996-guard-curtis-marshall-of-the-nomar-1996-guard-terrell-mcintyre-of-the-c122410-8305722Fr.jpgtony-delk.jpg

It came late in the decade, but this look defined football for a generation:

John-Elway-Doug-Collier-AFP-Getty-Images

12 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

s-l1000.jpg

I've been looking for the YouTube video of the Wild Wings vs. the Burger Kings with the glow puck, but I have come up empty thus far. That would be /thread.

1 hour ago, eastfirst107 said:

I'd sort of forgotten that doing goofy stuff with your shorts was a thing in college hoops in the 1990s.

feb-1996-guard-curtis-marshall-of-the-nomar-1996-guard-terrell-mcintyre-of-the-c122410-8305722Fr.jpgtony-delk.jpg

The first year St. John's became the Red Storm, they had the skyline on their shorts.

lopez-inline_grande.jpg?v=1479463635

252642692_11b3217e95_z.jpg_cf.jpg.a475d830a00b1533bca486628e6c07e6.jpg

The boring and corporate "Orca Bay Canucks" look.

Loved that Sonics logo and uniform and I’m a Rockets fan that was in high school/college while the Rockets and Sonics were in peak rival years. That Sonics wordmark was a thing of beauty. 

lf4zyhheldhhxn0np6tlxm2wh.png

Their nickname is the HALO's and this removed that, the colors are eh ok, just something bad about it.

Looked like it would be for a sports team in a movie, and that is no surprised considering disney owned them at the time.

Also, faux-vests and pinstripes, just an overall bad look imo.

35ab0b657a66445ae4166ba797a35782--los-an

13 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I've got a couple:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.png

This just screams 90s. Buff dude, gradient, loud, bright colors, it's the perfect 90s bad package. (Quick side note: why does the outline of "Warriors" dip under the O and S? Why not just make it uniform?)

The outline dips because letters with rounded edges are actually taller than those with flat edges. Rounded edges drop above or below (sometimes both) the baseline and cap height. It's done this way, because if they were all the exact same height, your eye would trick you into thinking the rounded letters are shorter than the flat ones.

4 hours ago, insert name said:

The first year St. John's became the Red Storm, they had the skyline on their shorts.

lopez-inline_grande.jpg?v=1479463635

This SI cover might just be peak 90s.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

lf4zyhheldhhxn0np6tlxm2wh.png

Their nickname is the HALO's and this removed that, the colors are eh ok, just something bad about it.

Looked like it would be for a sports team in a movie, and that is no surprised considering disney owned them at the time.

Also, faux-vests and pinstripes, just an overall bad look imo.

35ab0b657a66445ae4166ba797a35782--los-an

One of my favorite jersey sets of all times. I'm trying to buy this hat on LIDS as we speak!! 

hwl?set=sku%5B20650923%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

But they don't have my size currently. ?

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I've been looking for the YouTube video of the Wild Wings vs. the Burger Kings with the glow puck, but I have come up empty thus far. That would be /thread.

I may be remembering something that never happened, but this is a good consolation prize: teal v. purple with the glow puck.

6 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Here's Wild Wing vs. Burger King with no glow puck, but instead two fighting robots as the goal animation

Remember when HDTV was going to revolutionize NHL broadcasting? It's certainly easier to follow, but the presentation is still basically the same. If any sport could benefit from an XFL-style makeover, it's hockey.