Jump to content

Welcome to the 90's


Luingus221
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, slapshot said:

 

The outline dips because letters with rounded edges are actually taller than those with flat edges. Rounded edges drop above or below (sometimes both) the baseline and cap height. It's done this way, because if they were all the exact same height, your eye would trick you into thinking the rounded letters are shorter than the flat ones.

I thought it must have something to do with tricking your eye or something. Thanks for clearing it up! (It's still an awful logo though.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, neo_prankster said:

No 90's uniform conversation would be complete without these...

95Firepromors.jpg.w300h320.jpg95Galaxypromors.jpg.w300h315.jpg

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

 

Cool.

 

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Cool.

 

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

 

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

 

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

 

They did address your nitpicks in '96...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.