RETROJR79

Toys R Us unused logo

toysrus.submittable.com/subm

I was doing my  research on Toys R Us and I saw this. I think it would've been an upgrade cause Geoffrey is in the logo.

Where's the logo?

1 minute ago, nash61 said:

Where's the logo?

Could you help me I don't know how to upload

25 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I see the link you tried to post: https://toysrus.submittable.com/submit

submit-header.png?height=220&v=150773073

That's the one thanks. As for the logo I would've loved it one of Toys R Us downfall was Geoffrey was being phased out.

I don't know if it was THE logo, but I feel like I've definitely seen that around before. They still used Geoffrey, but definitely not as much.

16 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I don't know if it was THE logo, but I feel like I've definitely seen that around before. They still used Geoffrey, but definitely not as much.

It was on Toysrusinc.com so that's probably a corporate logo but some company phased out their logo for corporate like MLB team using cap logo as thier logo. As for Geoffrey granted I haven't seen much Toys R Us commercials but the 2017 no Geoffrey 

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I worked at a local Toys R Us this past Christmas (long story short: helped out a friend who is the manager). They used that logo on a lot of stationary. 

They brought in a Geoffrey costume and made a staff member wear it a couple of Saturdays, apparently the goal was to bring him back. I'm not sure if this just applied to stores in the Toronto area, all of Canada, or otherwise. 

I just remember my buddy saying that management hoped that bring back Geoffrey would help increase sales.....which may explain a lot, lol. 

Also, the head of that costume (neck and up) was stored in the lunch room and creeped me out, lol. 

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

I worked at a local Toys R Us this past Christmas (long story short: helped out a friend who is the manager). They used that logo on a lot of stationary. 

They brought in a Geoffrey costume and made a staff member wear it a couple of Saturdays, apparently the goal was to bring him back. I'm not sure if this just applied to stores in the Toronto area, all of Canada, or otherwise. 

I just remember my buddy saying that management hoped that bring back Geoffrey would help increase sales.....which may explain a lot, lol. 

Also, the head of that costume (neck and up) was stored in the lunch room and creeped me out, lol. 

Why not it work for Jack In The Box and I've seen creepy Geoffrey costume lol. 

Never liked the reverse R.

Their whole wordmark just seems like they were aiming at kids but they didn't get it right.

53 minutes ago, tigers said:

Their whole wordmark just seems like they were aiming at kids but they didn't get it right.

I liked it cause it was unique the last logo looked corporate 

18 hours ago, tigers said:

It was an example of the same imitation-child writing as "I can has cheezburger?" decades later.

38 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It was an example of the same imitation-child writing as "I can has cheezburger?" decades later.

Or Huney like Winnie The pooh ?

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

3 hours ago, RETROJR79 said:

Or Huney like Winnie The pooh ?

No, I beg to differ.

Cheezburger was to those who wanted to partake in a new wave of rebellion and decided to just throw caution to the wind.

Pooh's Huney was targeted to a certain age group that showed it was ok to be different.

Toys R Us are a corporate entity that sell toys to all children of different ages yet chose to target those really young ones by having the R facing backwards which made it look childish and simplistic.

Same as Rebel having an e facing backwards because they want to be seen as rebelling against the man, when they are part of the man in a grander scheme of things.

2 hours ago, tigers said:

No, I beg to differ.

Cheezburger was to those who wanted to partake in a new wave of rebellion and decided to just throw caution to the wind.

Pooh's Huney was targeted to a certain age group that showed it was ok to be different.

Toys R Us are a corporate entity that sell toys to all children of different ages yet chose to target those really young ones by having the R facing backwards which made it look childish and simplistic.

Same as Rebel having an e facing backwards because they want to be seen as rebelling against the man, when they are part of the man in a grander scheme of things.

I get what you're saying just like KB going from Kay-Bee to KB Toys