Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Only one team passed on Manziel? Haven't familiarized myself with the AAF waiver/free agent signing procedures, but I thought you had to go through two layers before you're open to being signed by any team. I thought it was based on college team first, then last pro team. I'm aware the Commanders passed on him, but shouldn't the AAF team linked to Montreal have had next dibs to sign Johnny? Unless Memphis is the team linked to Montreal.

QBs are different I imagine, given there was a QB draft. 

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I think Manziel might have been better off waiting for the XFL, but it is what it is.  Let the show begin.🍿

Like @monkeypower said, Manziel won’t be able to play in the XFL if Vince sticks to his “no past criminal behaviour” stance. 

Anyway the Apollos lose. Nuts. 

17 hours ago, jn8 said:

Damnit. I was desperately hoping for Johnny Football in Utah to be a thing. 

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Only one team passed on Manziel? Haven't familiarized myself with the AAF waiver/free agent signing procedures, but I thought you had to go through two layers before you're open to being signed by any team. I thought it was based on college team first, then last pro team. I'm aware the Commanders passed on him, but shouldn't the AAF team linked to Montreal have had next dibs to sign Johnny? Unless Memphis is the team linked to Montreal.

San Antonio had his rights because he went to college in Texas. After that it goes to the team with the worst record. Memphis is all but eliminated so if he's playing in 2-3 weeks there's no pressure on him. Singletary is head coach so we'll see how they can both adjust to each other. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Damnit. I was desperately hoping for Johnny Football in Utah to be a thing. 

With Manziel, your coach needs to be a disciplinarian and Erickson has never been known to be one. I still have the feeling that Salt Lake may get moved next year since they're towards the bottom of attendance even though they are entertaining as of late. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I was wondering why the flying :censored: CBS would schedule a game for 10:00 AM local time in San Antonio with the Memphis Express coming in on Final Four weekend. (Seriously check the AAF website for the starting time). And now Manziel signs with the Express. Makes sense now and it wouldn't shock me if Manziel was going to be signed whether Mettenberger was knocked out or not (Commanders had waived their right to sign him).

Now? Never let a good crisis go to waste.

CBS only switched their Sunday game on CBSSN and switched it to CBS on Saturday. B/R Live is now doing the Sunday afternoon game. 

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I'll be curious to see what the crowd was like in San Diego.  I want the Fleet to have a large and rowdy crowd, namely to tell Dean Spanos to go f himself.

20986 in attendance. Not too bad at all. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

And if the league can last that long. They should make a move to play their games in SDSUs new stadium. 20k still looks minuscule in a 70,000 seat stadium. The Stallions need to seriously think about RIo Tinto stadium. I think attendance would be much better there with more people from football crazy Utah County making the shorter trip.  And more centrally located as well in the SLC valley. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

5 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

And if the league can last that long. They should make a move to play their games in SDSUs new stadium. 20k still looks minuscule in a 70,000 seat stadium. The Stallions need to seriously think about RIo Tinto stadium. I think attendance would be much better there with more people from football crazy Utah County making the shorter trip.  And more centrally located as well in the SLC valley. 

Since you live in the Utah area, do you think Real Salt Lake would allow American football to be played on their field?

If they move to Rio Tinto, they would get their own graphics instead of having to play in a stadium with Utah's graphics.

27 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Since you live in the Utah area, do you think Real Salt Lake would allow American football to be played on their field?

If they move to Rio Tinto, they would get their own graphics instead of having to play in a stadium with Utah's graphics.

Moving the Stallions to Rio Tinto is not a bad idea; in fact, it’s a pretty good idea. The stadium is more central to the Wasatch Front, probably less restrictions, and it’s a stone’s throw from Interstate 15.

Of course, the big question is if Real Salt Lake would see if letting the Stallions play in their stadium would be worth the investment, or if at least 5 home games there would affect the playing surface too much.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I haven't really been following this thread, but I just paged through the last dozen or so.  I have no dog in this fight, but I gotta ask... Are there members of this board that are due to get some kind of financial bonus if this league fails?

Jesus, what a pack of grinning vultures.

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I haven't really been following this thread, but I just paged through the last dozen or so.  I have no dog in this fight, but I gotta ask... Are there members of this board that are due to get some kind of financial bonus if this league fails?

Jesus, what a pack of grinning vultures.

Yes, although most of us are in support.  I want San Diego to succeed out of all of the teams.

20 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Moving the Stallions to Rio Tinto is not a bad idea; in fact, it’s a pretty good idea. The stadium is more central to the Wasatch Front, probably less restrictions, and it’s a stone’s throw from Interstate 15.

Of course, the big question is if Real Salt Lake would see if letting the Stallions play in their stadium would be worth the investment, or if at least 5 home games there would affect the playing surface too much.

I think the only way a Stallions move to Rio Tinto Stadium could work would be if it's possible to have a temporary field turf surface over the grass for AAF games. I know it's been done the other way around, most recently during the Copa America Centario *sp* when several NFL stadiums with field turf had temporary grass pitches placed for the tournament.

Or they could pull a Copa America move and have temporary grass laid down at Rice-Eccles. They'd be able to paint on that at least *shrug*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived