mr.nascar13

Death of the Alliance of American Football

40 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Was this the Memphis team president signing off?

Sounds like he knows that they and the league won't be back.

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Next weekend?

1 minute ago, buzzcut said:

Next weekend?

We should know something by Thursday.  Tomorrow is sketchy because it's April Fools and we don't know what's real or what's April Fools. 

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Sounds like it rained a bunch and he liked that a few lunatics stuck it out to watch minor league football.

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hope this league folds soon so dfwable can go ahead and have that orgasm he's been holding off on.

If you are going to read my post, at least, get my username correct.

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Sounds like it rained a bunch and he liked that a few lunatics stuck it out to watch minor league football.

I am not optimistic that this league will finish the season and if they do, I'm not optimistic that there will be a second year. 

6 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

If you are going to read my post, at least, get my username correct.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Was this the Memphis team president signing off?

It was their last home game I believe and with no postseason to look forward to he might of just been saying thanks.

25 minutes ago, Pauly said:

It was their last home game I believe and with no postseason to look forward to he might of just been saying thanks.

"Of"?!?!

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

"Of"?!?!

Defiantly. B)

14 hours ago, Quillz said:

But the CFL succeeds because it's just different enough to provide a truly alternate product. Different rules means games can't end the way NFL games can (i.e. no QB kneel). It also had the good fortune of starting up in the 1950s, before the NFL was anywhere near what it is today. And the Grey Cup is like a weekend-long event, isn't it? There's one game but there's a whole bunch of events beforehand, almost like an All-Star Game or weekend.

To clarify about the CFL for those who may not know.  It did start in the 1950s but it was not a creation of brand new teams from scratch.  The CFL was the amalgamation under one league of the eastern Interprovincial Rugby Football Union (IRFU) and the Western Interprovincial Football Union (WIFU).  Many of the teams already had long histories spanning decades before the official creation of the CFL as a league, with the IRFU and WIFU winners meeting for the Grey Cup.   Some of the teams existing prior to when the first Grey Cup was presented in 1909.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

They are supposed to have a home game in the last week of the season against the Atlanta Legends. I'm guessing if that game ever happens, it'll be in the triple digits as far as attendance goes.

If the Legends fold, the city of Atlanta doesn't have to deal with mediocre professional football until the Falcons kick off in September. 

What was the point of playing this weekend if theyre gonna fold..too lose even more money?. Seems silly to me. They will finish out the season(inc playoffs/championship) then we can expect a decision....

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hope this league folds soon so dfwable can go ahead and have that orgasm he's been holding off on.

Common courtesy to @ another user if you’re going to take a shot at him. 😉 Chris gave us the technology, we might as well use it. 😁

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Common courtesy to @ another user if you’re going to take a shot at him. 😉 Chris gave us the technology, we might as well use it. 😁

Fair enough, but I really don't know if that qualified as "taking a shot"... It just seems from reading this thread that the complete and utter destruction of this league is some sort of lifelong dream of his, and I was just hoping, for his sake, that it might soon come to fruition.

While I don't think this league was ever going to be successful, at least they tried. And they did it right. They didn't seem to take "cheap shots" at the NFL, it was just "here's a springtime league." It's the XFL I want to see fail. With its smug, "our players are 'Real Americans'(TM)" image and the idea that it's going to be "real" football. It's going to be hilarious watching it fail for the second time.