mr.nascar13

Death of the Alliance of American Football

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I guess THIS is now canceled, or they will just change the navy to royal blue for more of a Gators theme. 

Edited by dfwabel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Carolina Hurricanes should do a funny dance routine about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Vive les Ouragans du Québec!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that frees up my weekend. Disappointing because Manziel coming to San Antonio, even if he's on the bench, could've hit 35,000 people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Manziel coming to San Antonio, even if he's on the bench, could've hit 35,000 people. 

 

He doesn't have 35,000 girlfriends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

And Charlie Ebersol gets himself added to the "People who won't go to prison, but probably should" list.

And the,"Guy most likely to screw up bigger than his dad" award.

32 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

kh2HUxq.jpg

When they didn't go on sale this morning that's when I knew the shutdown was coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 12:37 PM, buzzcut said:

Next weekend?

I was right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew the non-NFL football league was gonna shut down when it opened, so beat that, hotshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

 

He doesn't have 35,000 girlfriends.

If you've seen the Facebook group, he has about 10,000. That and 25,000 Commanders fans would have been interesting to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

And Charlie Ebersol gets himself added to the "People who won't go to prison, but probably should" list.

 

I have read that Dundon's shutting down of the league is over the objection of Ebersol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you read it six posts above yours on this page of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

I have read that Dundon's shutting down of the league is over the objection of Ebersol.

It isn't his money being lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yes, you read it six posts above yours on this page of this thread.

 

Six posts above mine is something about Manziel's girlfriends.


Anyway, I read the bit about Ebersol elsewhere; though I admit that I don't remember exactly where.

 

Just now, dfwabel said:

It isn't his [Ebersol's] money being lost.

 

That's true.  But it also isn't his fault that the plug is apparently being pulled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly it was the Ebersol side that was holding back the original XFL. Vince McMahon, the Genetic Jackhammer himself, clearly pulled that league through a whole season in spite of the elder Ebersol. The New XFL will definitely be a huge success now and nobody has any doubts whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow even the original XFL manged to make it past 1 full season. 

Sounds like Dundon is pulling Trump and tanking the league for not going along with his selfish ambitions. 

 

I always thought the AAF & XFL should have launched at the same time, the competition may have been better for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's a shame the league is apparently shutting down. But, it really is a case study that you need an actual financial plan and to plan on losing at least tens of millions. Oh, and actually market your team in said markets. It's not a coincidence that San Antonio was the only market to succeed as it was the only team in the AAF that thought "Maybe this advertising idea isn't so overrated?"

 

Honestly? If Vince plays his cards right, the XFL will at least finish its first season and maybe a second (especially if looks like there's a strike/lockout come 2021).

Edited by Red Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

That's true.  But it also isn't his fault that the plug is apparently being pulled.

 

Charlie Ebersol had this league fully funded for three years, he excitedly told everybody. Then he needed a quarter-billion-dollar bailout from a guy who made his fortune in subprime auto loans so Week 1's checks could clear. It was his idea. It is his fault. It is his books that should have a good rifling through by an army of lawyers and/or federal agents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Six posts above mine is something about Manziel's girlfriends.


Anyway, I read the bit about Ebersol elsewhere; though I admit that I don't remember exactly where.

 

 

That's true.  But it also isn't his fault that the plug is apparently being pulled.

 

4 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

 

Charlie Ebersol had this league fully funded for three years, he excitedly told everybody. Then he needed a quarter-billion-dollar bailout from a guy who made his fortune in subprime auto loans so Week 1's checks could clear. It was his idea. It is his fault. It is his books that should have a good rifling through by an army of lawyers and/or federal agents.

I tend to agree with this as Ebersol was the one to tour everything from soup to nuts regarding the company's liquidity to how groundbreaking the app would be and couldn't deliver and was out of money by week 1*  when folks weren't buying tickets for a gate driven enterprise.   I noticed that CNBC was discussing the AAF minutes ago. I'll try to post it if available.

 

*- Unless you still believe that changing payroll provider line

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.