Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

I can only dream of how The league would’ve been run with that other guy. Erbesol, is a couple cans short of a 6pk. He didn’t really know what he was doing 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's a dang shame that the AAF would suspend operations 4 days before CBS was going to give the league free exposure for 3 hours. Are these guys running the league that dense that they underestimated cost and reaction to a minor league football in the spring? If Dundon lost $70 million in 7 weeks just Wow.

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And quite a few in San Antonio. I'm happy I'm only out the 20 bucks I paid for this weekend's game. But I was hoping to have that last home game with my kid.

Now, YOU are someone to feel sorry for.

Maybe you can quickly sell those tickets on ebay and get a fanboy to spend big money on them 🙂

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The AAF gave Dundon a chance to run amok, which he couldn't do in the NHL.

No, he BOUGHT that chance, because they didn't have enough money without him.

It's where I sit.

28 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So this will probably be tied up in the courts for years. 

Dundon likely has his counsel ready to dissolve this LLC properly, thus avoiding payments to those who may be owed money.  That's why LLCs are formed, to not be held personally responsible financially. 

26 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I imagine the vendors are going to sue him too for not paying them. Not to mention that there was another person suing Ebersol for allegedly stealing the idea for the AAF from him. Whole thing is going to be a 30 for 30 in the near future, I bet.

See above. 

As for Ebersol. who knows but he originally placed the AAF under his own parent company, Legendary Field Exhibitions, LLC

Just now, dfwabel said:

Dundon likely has his counsel ready to dissolve this LLC properly, thus avoiding payments to those who may be owed money.  That's why LLCs are formed, to not be held personally responsible financially.

But the assets of that LLC have to be disposed of properly.  He can’t hold on to things of value, like the app, if his LLC’s creditors are going unpaid.  

Rundown:

-Ebersol is a moron, a crook or both

-Dundon is either getting the steal of a lifetime or he's about to get tied up in court for years/his LLC will. Still can't bilk vendors no matter what legal status you have.

-No one involved had anything approaching a realistic gameplan for this league.

-A lot of people are now looking for work.

-A lot of people of San Antonio are probably pissed.

Just looking through the mulitple death threads on the two (yes, two. I posted in this thread a while back about why that is) different AAF subreddits and there's a lot of hate for Dundon and little towards Ebersol and Polian. Especially since @dfwabel's theory about Dundon wanting the tech seems more and more true.

I think Dundon is going to, justifiably sure, wear most of the AAF's demise removing a lot of the blame from Ebersol which based on this whole thread, Ebersol should face blame.

IbjBaeE.png

35 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Now, YOU are someone to feel sorry for.

Maybe you can quickly sell those tickets on ebay and get a fanboy to spend big money on them 🙂

They're digital so no dice. But I do have the tickets from week 2 when we walked up so I'll be holding on to those.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Just looking through the mulitple death threads on the two (yes, two. I posted in this thread a while back about why that is) different AAF subreddits and there's a lot of hate for Dundon and little towards Ebersol and Polian. Especially since @dfwabel's theory about Dundon wanting the tech seems more and more true.

I think Dundon is going to, justifiably sure, wear most of the AAF's demise removing a lot of the blame from Ebersol which based on this whole thread, Ebersol should face blame.

Both sets of Redditors really have little concept on how much overhead it takes for this.  Most only see player/coach salary and stadium rental as the expenses, but there were the local offices and their staffs, the hundreds of hotel rooms they were renting, the jets to fly to/from games, the insurance...the list continues since they were producing the games themselves.

SBJ/SBD's Daniel Kaplan, who broke that they would likely fold today was on ESPN's Outside The Lines this afternoon. He is in the A block, so he and Ryan Smith speak first.

https://tunein.com/podcasts/Sports/ESPN-Outside-The-Lines-p377252/

12,500 "announced" attendance at an average of $10-17/each is not close to enough revenue. 

We might know more at 5 PM, but I doubt it. 

What a shame! It looks like the XFL should be in good shape for a little while because I think they will get some money revenue from TV because of the success of the AAF ratings wise. He has a half a billion dollars to run through as well!

Just now, hugevolsfan said:

What a shame! It looks like the XFL should be in good shape for a little while because I think they will get some money revenue from TV because of the success of the AAF ratings wise. He has a half a billion dollars to run through as well!

It's looking like the decision to delay starting the XFL until 2020 is looking wiser and wiser. Never thought I'd say Vince McMahon and wise decision in the same sentence regarding football, but here we are.

2 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

It looks like the XFL should be in good shape for a little while because I think they will get some money revenue from TV because of the success of the AAF ratings wise.

Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no.

no.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 minute ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no.

no.

I think what the AAF showed is that people will watch football especially if it is well coached with decent players & the XFL has started off with some good coaches & will probably poach a few from the AAF now. Networks are now paying stupid money for live entertainment so knowing Vince with all of his connections he will get a decent TV deal.

I'm not a fan, but that doesn't mean I wanted the league to fold. I was hoping it would survive and thrive. I feel badly for all the people who gave it their all. Having said that, here are things we know:

1. Even if someone comes up with the dough now to save the league, no one would watch. Dead is dead. 

2. The four horsemen of the apocalypse – Orlando, Memphis, Birmingham and San Antonio, will never host professional football teams again. Fans in all those cities have got to be fed up with seeing team after team after team fold. Among the four cities, I think now we have something like 23 teams that have come and gone.

3. Will the XFL make it? I don't know. They seem to be following the USFL plan – grab a few college players, sign some castoffs and let the league grow organically, if it can. 

For the AAF, a least an investor didn't come along who wanted to push the league into the fall as a way of getting into the NFL and thereby destroying the league because of greed. Oh wait, we have a similar scenario with DumDum, I mean the owner of the Hurricanes.

Archived