Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

Just now, GDAWG said:

Orlando and San Antonio did well in the AAF.  I could see them in the XFL, but it sounds like if the XFL expands again, they will expand to the Midwest and the Bay Area.  Orlando could support an NFL team, but we don't need a 4th Florida team in the NFL.

Probably if Jacksonville Jaguars moves to London, if that ever happens? 

Texas can hold three NFL teams. 

Plus I do agree, Midwest to Bay Area would be a smart call but Orlando and San Antonio ( like the other two) got screwed by the AAF and other leagues. I think it would be fair that the NFL trys giving a franchise to Orlando and San Antonio. 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

Probably if Jacksonville Jaguars moves to London, if that ever happens? 

Texas can hold three NFL teams. 

Plus I do agree, Midwest to Bay Area would be a smart call but Orlando and San Antonio ( like the other two) got screwed by the AAF and other leagues. I think it would be fair that the NFL trys giving a franchise to Orlando and San Antonio. 

Apparently the Freedom Football League is putting a team in Orlando named the Florida Strong.

Out of all of the leagues proposed, the XFL is the only one doing something.  The rest have been silent, some of them for months.

45 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Apparently the Freedom Football League is putting a team in Orlando named the Florida Strong.

Out of all of the leagues proposed, the XFL is the only one doing something.  The rest have been silent, some of them for months.

I'm waiting for the Patriot Football League to announced their last team. Honestly want to just get ready to laugh at who they choose to be their victim.

FFL doesn't have anything going for them. At least I can enjoy XFL 2.0 and hope they will last this time.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

4 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

I'm waiting for the Patriot Football League to announced their last team. Honestly want to just get ready to laugh at who they choose to be their victim.

FFL doesn't have anything going for them. At least I can enjoy XFL 2.0 and hope they will last this time.

The American Patriot League hasn't announced anything since March.

As for the FFL, I heard that they need $150 million to actually kick off for 2020.  The problem is that there's nobody that the FFL has announced at this point who has $150 million to waste.

Vince McMahon has the money for the XFL to last three years.  He did that by selling off WWE stock.   

22 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

And likely my $16,000 worth of video equipment.

So your personal equipment, which cost $16K for you to purchase was taken from you?  Or the equipment that you used as an employee which cost $16K that Charlie Ebersol may have never paid for?

2 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

What makes yall think 20k is nfl worthy attendance?! That's crazy. It took Jacksonville 70k+ in the USFL to be considered for the NFL. Every single aaf market sucked. 

If you expected 65,000 per game, not even AAF or XFL would expect that. San Antonio would have been over 30,000 which was 5,000-15,000 above the initial expectations of gameday attendance depending on statements made prior to the season. No league that states they are subsidiary to the NFL wil get NFL numbers

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, dfwabel said:

So your personal equipment, which cost $16K for you to purchase was taken from you?  Or the equipment that you used as an employee which cost $16K that Charlie Ebersol may have never paid for?

The equipment that Charlie over paid for. If I had one issue, its that we spent too much on cameras and other things. No need for a 4K camera when all you'r coach's film is uploaded in 720.

44 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

The equipment that Charlie over paid for. If I had one issue, its that we spent too much on cameras and other things. No need for a 4K camera when all you'r coach's film is uploaded in 720.

If the business never paid any vendor for months, you* "spent too much" on basically EVERYTHING. No need to pick nits on cameras as you never paid for food, lodging or transportation.

*- If you're going to use "we", then I will include "you" in the demise.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If you expected 65,000 per game, not even AAF or XFL would expect that. San Antonio would have been over 30,000 which was 5,000-15,000 above the initial expectations of gameday attendance depending on statements made prior to the season. No league that states they are subsidiary to the NFL wil get NFL numbers

Exactly. You're exactly right. That's why Orlando getting the bare minimum of attendance  the league needed to survive is not special. No market showed nfl potential. Not one. It takes 70k, despite everything you said, for the NFL to notice. AKA, you must be special. The was nothing special about orlando or San Antonio. To suggest to move an NFL team to make room for Orlando has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. 

5 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Exactly. You're exactly right. That's why Orlando getting the bare minimum of attendance  the league needed to survive is not special. No market showed nfl potential. Not one. It takes 70k, despite everything you said, for the NFL to notice. AKA, you must be special. The was nothing special about orlando or San Antonio. To suggest to move an NFL team to make room for Orlando has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. 

A city bringing in 30,000 for minor league football and which packed the stadium for Cowboy preseason and Saints games after Katrina should be in consideration. San Antonio's biggest problem isn't filling a stadium, it's getting Houston and Dallas to decide a team in San Antonio is better for them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

A city bringing in 30,000 for minor league football and which packed the stadium for Cowboy preseason and Saints games after Katrina should be in consideration. San Antonio's biggest problem isn't filling a stadium, it's getting Houston and Dallas to decide a team in San Antonio is better for them. 

Easiest way to do that IMO is to move the Jaguars there. Good luck getting Jerry Jones to agree to that, though.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, dfwabel said:

If the business never paid any vendor for months, you* "spent too much" on basically EVERYTHING. No need to pick nits on cameras as you never paid for food, lodging or transportation.

Be interesting to see if the camera vendor is listed among their creditors.  I’d be shocked if they weren’t; Ebersol didn’t pay anyone who was dumb enough to not insist on payment up front. 

Goth hit it on the head. You can tell who has a sports business acumen on here and who dont. Here is a big red flag.

"Wouldn't it be kewl if they moved Jacksonville to make room for Orlando". 

Why Jacksonville? Lazy people say that with no idea what's going on. Did you know the Jacksonville franchise is valued higher than, Detroit, New Orleans, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland and a franchise in Florida called the Bucs. What makes you think that they are in financial trouble?

I just used Jacksonville because they were brought up. Truth is, there is no NFL city that deserves to lose their team for the sake of Orlando or San Antonio. There is no evidence that those markets are stronger than any other current nfl market. Why would any AAF stat make you think that they are worth more? 

23 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Goth hit it on the head. You can tell who has a sports business acumen on here and who dont. Here is a big red flag.

"Wouldn't it be kewl if they moved Jacksonville to make room for Orlando". 

Why Jacksonville? Lazy people say that with no idea what's going on. Did you know the Jacksonville franchise is valued higher than, Detroit, New Orleans, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland and a franchise in Florida called the Bucs. What makes you think that they are in financial trouble?

I just used Jacksonville because they were brought up. Truth is, there is no NFL city that deserves to lose their team for the sake of Orlando or San Antonio. There is no evidence that those markets are stronger than any other current nfl market. Why would any AAF stat make you think that they are worth more? 

Jacksonville also has an owner who tried to buy Wembley. Before that, there have been rumors of him wanting to move the team. That's why people focus on numbers for game attendance.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A brief Spring Football update is summarized as this:

- The XFL recently announced summer showcases for their respective teams.  The APL has had no news since March.  The FFL keeps announcing people and teams, but none of the people they have announced have the money to actually allow the league to kick off

38 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

A brief Spring Football update is summarized as this:

- The XFL recently announced summer showcases for their respective teams.  The APL has had no news since March.  The FFL keeps announcing people and teams, but none of the people they have announced have the money to actually allow the league to kick off

Aren't those showcases more like glorified combines rather than team specific OTA's? They're taking place in league cities but they're tryouts by invitation.

https://xflboard.com/news/2019/05/19/details-revealed-for-xfl-summer-showcase-tryouts/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived