mr.nascar13

Death of the Alliance of American Football

The LFL is still around?

As for Major League Football, they are going to need new head coaches as half of them that were announced in 2016 are in the XFL....if they ever get going which seems unlikely.

21 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The LFL is still around?

As for Major League Football, they are going to need new head coaches as half of them that were announced in 2016 are in the XFL....if they ever get going which seems unlikely.

1- Yes.

2- MLFB just borrows money they'll never pay back.  Frank Murtha does business from his house in Bradenton (as if there's anything wrong with that), and still owes money to multiple parties.  MLFB cannot even certify their accounting annually.  MarketWatch has their mandatory filings. Have fun there.

If you want to internet sleuth for vaporware leagues, go try to find the court records and trail results of Christopher White and his wife after their arrest in May 2017. 

The secret to the LFL as a going concern is that their players are all volunteers.

17 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The secret to the LFL as a going concern is that their players are all volunteers.

If any of the players make more than $500 total I'd be surprised. Granted they seem to play a 6 game season that lasts 3-4 months.

There have been multiple articles published that LFL players earn no money and get no health insurance. Mitch Mortaza, a man whose name practically yells "sweaty in a tracksuit in a lot of gold jewelry," has repeatedly said he couldn't afford to keep the league going if he had to start paying players. No, I don't know why anyone plays in it, either.

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Well, former Memphis Express Team President Kosha Irby went back to his employer before AAF to get a check.  He appeared on Monday Night RAW last night

I know its a role but I can't help thinking of this when I see that a former team president from a league that bombed this bad is playing a janitor.

Simple terms, Vanech's lawsuit which was filed in California can proceed while AAF's bankruptcy is ongoing in the San Antonio federal court.