Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

jOOFXs5.png

And of course it's possible to get a coonskin cap with the Commanders logo on it, . . . . because . . . . Alamo and stuff. And of course we have the "Come and Take It" flag meme that's required for all San Antonio teams . . . As is tradition . . . 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Even though my Fleet sank on Saturday, I'm not afraid to step out and say I loved the AAF right away.

But for those who actually miss kickoffs (which I don't), do you guys want a ceremonial kick similar to the first pitch in baseball?

I think if they're going to have someone ceremonially place the ball down there should be a carpet leading to the spot, like when hockey has someone drop the puck. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Selling 100 more tickets isn't gonna help.

The team was announced in May 2018.  Their name was announced in mid-September, and schedule announced in October.  That should be ample time to sell more than 11,000 tickets.  San Antonio was named in June and had even less time, but former Vikings and Spurs owner Red McCombs bought tickets for active duty military families. 

Granted, other franchises were named even before them since they didn't roll out all cities at once.  It's clear that these are skeleton sales teams out there who were hired and started very late in the rollup to last weekend.

Not making excuses but the 6 PM time change (from 2 PM) didn't seem to help. It definitely looked empty but hopefully build up a bit here in the coming weeks.

As far quality of the game, it was entertaining enough...given the regional allocation of college talent fans were familiar enough with the ASU/Arizona players on the roster.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

21 minutes ago, AJM said:

Not making excuses but the 6 PM time change (from 2 PM) didn't seem to help. It definitely looked empty but hopefully build up a bit here in the coming weeks.

As far quality of the game, it was entertaining enough...given the regional allocation of college talent fans were familiar enough with the ASU/Arizona players on the roster.

Arizona's next home game is on March 3 at 6 PM local.

March 3 is also the same day as the Rattlers home opener at 3 PM.

Who will have the greater attendance?

4 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Arizona's next home game is on March 3 at 6 PM local.

March 3 is also the same day as the Rattlers home opener at 3 PM.

Who will have the greater attendance?

giphy.gif

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

They need to push the PR better for this league,ive seen maybe like 1 billboard in SLC and very scant info on AM sports radio,not very much PM news coverage(local). Ive been in Tempe almost a week now(vacation) and almost the same thing here too. Virtually perfect weather in Phoenix brings 11,600 to the game, whats gonna happen in SLC a foot of snow temperature in the teens at best...LOL  

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

4 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

So are the teams going to have a dark and light jersey? Reason I ask is because Memphis was wearing white when their initial release was blue. Every other team stuck to what was released.

It looks to be a case by case basis. San Antonio and Arizona won't clash with anyone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, GDAWG said:

Too soon for this

I mean I like that they're seeing that first week as a positive... but they're way too early to be considering expansion. Lets see if they survive week 2 being relevant once they're off CBS and back on to sports cable. 

26 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

I mean I like that they're seeing that first week as a positive... but they're way too early to be considering expansion. Lets see if they survive week 2 being relevant once they're off CBS and back on to sports cable. 

That hasn't stopped AAF fans on Reddit from posting expansion ideas. 

Archived