Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Birmingham attendance really didn't concern me because it looks as good as UAB games if not even better. I remember one time UAB basically crammed all of their fans on a weeknight to face the camera because they were concerned about how bad it would look to have a few thousand inside the way-too-big Legion Field. I say crammed, but there must have been dozens of people there at the most.

Memphis looks bad. It is raining, and it is minor league football, so it's not like there are that many hardcore fans that will brave the elements to watch a team they barely care about if at all. Still, I doubt it would have looked all that great anyway.

14 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The Birmingham attendance really didn't concern me because it looks as good as UAB games if not even better. I remember one time UAB basically crammed all of their fans on a weeknight to face the camera because they were concerned about how bad it would look to have a few thousand inside the way-too-big Legion Field. I say crammed, but there must have been dozens of people there at the most.

Memphis looks bad. It is raining, and it is minor league football, so it's not like there are that many hardcore fans that will brave the elements to watch a team they barely care about if at all. Still, I doubt it would have looked all that great anyway.

Memphis Tigers were on ESPN2 tonight for like their fourth time all season when they are normally relegated to CBSSN, ESPNU, or ESPNEWS. The Vols are actually good this year too and are playing Kentucky on ESPN as well

Las Vegas Posse styled attendance in Memphis. 

They better just suck it up and tell the truth about attendance. Anything higher than 4,000.  I’m not buying. 

The game itself.  Surprised the hotshots are getting rolled. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

3 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Las Vegas Posse styled attendance in Memphis. 

They better just suck it up and tell the truth about attendance. Anything higher than 4,000.  I’m not buying. 

The game itself.  Surprised the hotshots are getting rolled. 

Thought you were out until Sunday evening?

Did you cross the International Date Line hours ago to post before? 

5 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

how do the rights to players work in this league? based on the wikipedia page, it looks like if you went to Arizona State or played for the Chicago Bears, you HAVE to sign with the Hotshots? Is that right?

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/alliance-of-american-football-announces-player-allocation-procedure/273-573340345

The first step is to look at where that player played football in college. If the player suited up for a college team assigned to a region corresponding with an AAF franchise, that player is automatically assigned to that "local" team. For example, a player who played for Florida, Miami or Florida State would join the pro team in Orlando, while a former Oregon Duck or Utah Ute would go to the team in Salt Lake City.

If a player didn't play for a college on the list, the Alliance of American Football has NFL and Canadian Football League teams that correspond with each new franchise. These have some regional ties, but seem a bit more random.

Finally, any player not covered by the first two steps may sign with any team in the new league.

You know, I want to talk about the games here but the constant whining from @mkg74 here is quite annoying.

I get it, you want this league to succeed. But, here's the thing: dfwabel knows his stuff. He maybe an absolute party pooper, but he's quite smart.

Anyhow... is it me or does Memphis do better when Hackenberg isn't allowed to throw the ball?

4 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

You know, I want to talk about the games here but the constant whining from @mkg74 here is quite annoying.

I get it, you want this league to succeed. But, here's the thing: dfwabel knows his stuff. He maybe an absolute party pooper, but he's quite smart.

Anyhow... is it me or does Memphis do better when Hackenberg isn't allowed to throw the ball?

Hackenberg isn't good enough for this league, which says a lot considering one of the kids learned to play QB by watching YouTube videos.  He's had some nice runs, though, including a TD just now where he got murdered after the play.

I hope the regional ties only apply to which team has the rights to players entering the league, but I suspect that's not the case.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, dfwabel said:

Mettenberger was worse in the four weeks in San Antonio, and/or he got liquored up a lot during that time too. 

0_0

So, it's either a dumpster fire or a drunken guy at QB for Memphis...my god, that's freaking hilarious! It's the greatest QB controversy ever.

The play-by-play fantasy idea is stupid.  It's A. not fun and B. not going to make me tune into a game I otherwise couldn't care less about like NFL Fantasy does every week.

I get why they're pushing it, but there's no reason they couldn't have had traditional fantasy leagues as well.

IUe6Hvh.png

The next time I watch the hotshots I’ll have to pull out my shades. Please for the luv of god a green jersey. And maybe yellow pants. Who cares at this point if they look like GB. Their uniforms are seriously hard on the eyes. Easily the worst uniform in this league or any league ever.  

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Archived