Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, See Red said:

I still can't believe Hackenberg was a second-round draft pick.  Yeesh.

His receivers are no great shakes either. A lot of dropped passes. But yes and verily he still sucks. But is Singletary smart enough to make a change?  

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

2 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

The next time I watch the hotshots I’ll have to pull out my shades. Please for the luv of god a green jersey. And maybe yellow pants. Who cares at this point if they look like GB. Their uniforms are seriously hard on the eyes. Easily the worst uniform in this league or any league ever.  

Seen way worse unis in my life as a football fan than those. Also the Hotshots uniforms are supposed to mimic the firefighter squad they're named after so I doubt it changes.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Seen way worse unis in my life as a football fan than those. Also the Hotshots uniforms are supposed to mimic the firefighter squad they're named after so I doubt it changes.

Oh really? Who’s worse?  Hot damn.  I’m interested in your reply or anybody else wants to chime in would be great too 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

This is credibility ruining. Now. I’m out on the AAF. 

11908!  My ass!!  

Football in the spring is dead forever. Xfl will fail. So will the freedom football league.  

Thank god for college football. Because the nfl is so pathetic. 

Good news news for you guys. I won’t be posting in this thread anymore. 

Rip AAF

9 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

11908!  My ass!!  

Football in the spring is dead forever. Xfl will fail. So will the freedom football league.  

Rip AAF

Sometimes life comes at you fast. 

43 minutes ago, See Red said:

And I thought 4,000 would be stretching it.

It really is pretty incredible how poorly they've done getting people to show up to games.

Again, Memphis was the 3rd city named and when named, they announced their team president, who played football for the Tigers in Kosha Irby.

His Twitter

His Instagram

Was he even there tonight?

Seriously, they had NINE MONTHS to sell tickets and yet that was what happened at the Liberty Bowl tonight.

4 hours ago, See Red said:

This Memphis crowd doesn't look great but I haven't seen all around the stadium.

Maybe a lot of people could be in the endzone seats, but why?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

50 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

11908!  My ass!!  

Rip AAF

Well, you failed to be a Stan for even two weeks.

Somebody on Reddit found PFF's pre-draft scouting report on Christian Hackenberg.  Among the highlights...

There isn’t a more inaccurate quarterback prospect in this draft with a reasonable chance at being drafted. Hackenberg is inaccurate at every level of the field, on all throws and against all coverages.

[...]

Temple regularly showed six rushers before the snap, came with all of them, and Hackenberg was surprised by the free rusher despite only having five men in the protection.

[...]

In fact, since he has been the quarterback, Hackenberg has been directly to blame for more sacks than any single lineman blocking for him, and that doesn’t even touch the ones he was indirectly at fault for by being unable to effectively diagnose the pressure looks he was presented with.

[...]

There was a time when Hackenberg was largely seen as a first-round talent, and it’s taken three seasons of poor play for him to be moved down most draft boards to the Day 2 or Day 3 range. But after evaluating him on tape to go along with three seasons of play-by-play data, I can’t see the case for drafting him at all.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

The dude is a roaring dumpster fire... why is he the starter there again?

There's probably an alternative timeline where James Franklin doesn't run to Penn State after trying to cover up a sexual assault scandal and Hackenberg as a result isn't reduced to a wreck by the time he graduates after years of playing in that trashfire Franklin calls an offense.

Presumably Memphis believes it exists in this alternative timeline.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

57 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

11908!  My ass!!  

Rip AAF

You should really follow @emptyseatpics on twitter and see just how unrealistic announced attendance numbers are for all leagues. Major and minor. I've been to Browns games with 30,000 or so and had reported crowds near capacity. And yes, the argument made is those tickets were 'distributed' so they count, but that's not what attendance is.

I'm just going to throw this crazy theory out there.  Perhaps the reason a spring minor football league can't catch on is that people just don't like sitting out in cool wet Smarch weather to watch not quite NFL-level talent play.

Today, we are all otaku.

It's going to be interesting how many people show up for the Atlanta Legends first home game since their stadium holds 23,000 and tomorrow in San Diego. 

Attendance is going to look very bad for the XFL as well, especially in New York, Seattle and Tampa.

14 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

You should really follow @emptyseatpics on twitter and see just how unrealistic announced attendance numbers are for all leagues. Major and minor. I've been to Browns games with 30,000 or so and had reported crowds near capacity. And yes, the argument made is those tickets were 'distributed' so they count, but that's not what attendance is.

The NCAA actually has an attendance requirement teams have to meet to stay in the top tier.  It's 15,000 per game, I think.  So it's pretty common to see programs that don't do all that well fudge the numbers by giving away tickets and then counting those towards paid attendance whether they're used or not (which is probably what the AAF has done).  Big programs do it too to make their own numbers look more impressive.  I know some will count everybody working in the stadium that day towards attendance.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived