The Concepts of Tomorrow... Today!

JamieRose

I've been toying around with 3D models and software lately, and here's the first "sports texture concept" I've made that's worth posting!  Instead of my usual Photoshop mockups, I've taken my design and placed it in a texture for a 3D model, which I then rendered.  Here's my original design and then what came of the rendering.  It's just a football helmet for now, but as I find more resources I'll expand on the types of designs I can display!

My EFL team

V4cxrSp.png

Helmet Renderings

vBKFq93.png

kpfvJsr.png

These two took about 12 hours in total to render (the translucency on the facemask clips ramps that up)

You can check out the model in more detail on Sketchfab -- https://skfb.ly/6xHAJ

5a83de5ee80344ee8547f107a6939bb4.jpeg

TDZiMMB.png

TWELVE HOURS?!?!!? to do a still shot? What program do you use? I dabble with C4D, but cannot for the life of me find a good (free) helmet template. I understand that designers should get paid, so I'm not complaining, but I'm not going to shell out $150 for something I do for my fantasy football leagues.

XcryMwi.png

13 hours ago, HRC4 said:

TWELVE HOURS?!?!!? to do a still shot? What program do you use? I dabble with C4D, but cannot for the life of me find a good (free) helmet template. I understand that designers should get paid, so I'm not complaining, but I'm not going to shell out $150 for something I do for my fantasy football leagues.

I used Adobe Dimension CC, which is new so they're still working out the kinks.  I found the model for $50, but I've also seen others for free that are decent if you can convert them to an OBJ or other format you need. 

TDZiMMB.png

Archived