The NFL (8/32; Patriots added)

Brave-Bird 08

To kick this series off, I'm going with the Dolphins, Titans and Jaguars since those are the teams that will soon unveil new designs in the real world. 

(Please hold template requests, I will provide at end of the series in SVG format)

THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE BY BRAVE-BIRD 08

MIAMI DOLPHINS

FB3xfHQ.png

For Miami I wanted to focus on using layers of white and dark grey to mimic an actual dolphin, while letting a more vibrant teal and shade of orange pop off the uniform. I've seen a lot of Miami concepts in the past use the sunburst as a focal point of the design, so I wanted to go in a different direction and use the swooping feel of the logo to tie the look together. The helmet is much more modern iteration, while the pants are intended to echo the feel of the helmet as well. 

HvbFbem.png

ALTERNATES ONE | ALTERNATES TWO | ALTERNATES THREE

Thanks for viewing! 

Next up: Tennessee Titans

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love the helmet design and the use of orange as an accent. However, I feel as though there isn't quite enough orange. 

Great start! I look forward to see what you do come up with for the Jags and Titans. 

39 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

This Dolphins concept set is really great, although this should need more orange. Just one thing though, what happened to the trim on the "2"?

Some funky exporting. I'll consider it a small enough detail to move on. Just squint ;)

TENNESSEE TITANS

64eGrec.png

I immediately knew I wanted to use the Titans's new and excellent team-specific font. This concept focuses heavily on the visuals that have come from the team branding in recent months, which seems to like navy and grey. I also took some ideas from the uniform teasers they've shown, such as the red Nike swooshes, to see if I could whip up something comparable to what they might unveil in the coming days. The sword tip from the secondary logo fits into the sleeve design. The home uniforms can be worn with grey pants, while the road uniform can rotate all three. 

8axqqO8.png

Next up: Jacksonville Jaguars

While I don't like the look of the gray on Miami, I love the idea behind the pants striping. Maybe use the actual team colors and keep that stripe and I feel it would be solid.

Tennessee has a great look, but again, I'm not fond of the gray in this concept. Using a white helmet and pants would fix it, but you do have a great idea here.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

3l0qAg6.png

I thought--a time ago--that the idea of monochrome helmets that weren't black or white was never good, but over the years I've taken a liking to them. With the Jaguars reportedly, and rightly returning to all-black lids (corroborated, anyway), I wanted to make sure to go in another direction here for the sake of the concept. All gold lids come into play, with the uniforms taking a hard direction towards gold and teal. 

Now for the jerseys. I like yokes -- always have -- and you'll see them here. The idea of the jersey design was to try to steal from the collarbone jaguar from the very first Jaguars jersey without actually using a cat all the way across, so the gradient of gold-to-black in the shoulders is made out to look like cat whiskers. I wasn't a big fan of the crest, but I did stick it on the helmet bumper. All-black for two select night games a year. No need for white pants. Everything in the hypothetical set is pictured here. 

VS4bwdE.png

Next up: Green Bay Packers

GREEN BAY PACKERS

nvoj7bx.png

So, this concept has been sitting on my mind for a very long time. I knew as soon as I had my blank template in front of me what I wanted, and there wasn't any second guessing. 

It's different. 

This concept also opens up a new stipulation for my series: T.V. numbers are not completely required on jerseys. I think in the age of having monitors in press boxes we really don't need T.V. numbers at all. I wanted to give the Packers something modern without removing the simplicity of their brand, so I used a minimalist mindset that allowed in some elements of their older designs like the circle-numerals and the yokes. The PACKERS script is deliberately sewed into the jersey on a patch, giving a sense of an actual label as a head nod to the moniker "Packers." No alternates for Green Bay -- with this much of a step in a different direction, I felt none were needed to make a splash. 

uNFKX5I.png

Next up: Atlanta Falcons 

Archived