87’ers now the Delaware Blue Coats

BBTV

Not sure why part of Riding Elvis’ coat is red, but at least he’s more patriotic than Pat Patriot. 

They even kinda used the Patriots font. Still an upgrade from the idiotic 87ers brand. 

dixon-440716-e-wp-content-uploads-2018-0

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"We'll be the Blue Coats, but our logo will be a guy wearing all red."  Pat Patriot is wearing more blue than this guy on the horse.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The name change brings them into line with the rest of the teams in the Wilmington area (Blue Hens, Blue Rocks) . . . and it sounds better than 87ers.

OFF TOPIC -- Have we really reached the point where a uniform template has to include a shooting sleeve?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

87ers made a lot of sense, but, to steal from an above post, it was just to clunky.

My initial reaction was "nice minor league logo" but some of the criticisms (Patriots font and almost Elvis, the coat is actually red) are true.  If they were going to go with this logo, they were kinda SOL on the coat color.  If they reversed it, the coat would be blue, but most of the logo would be red, probably resulting in more reaction from people that are not us.  Not a fan of the white uniform.  The Blue one is Solid, but needs more red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, RichO said:

The ball with his hand, is he supposed to be dribbling while riding a horse at full gallop?

Tickle me impressed.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I get that they're tying back to the major league affiliate, but that 76ers logo looks absolutely horrid in this logo. Nothing about the Delaware font matches the retro look of the 76ers.  And the "Blue Coats" font makes me think TCU or Oklahoma State.  

Great renaming and the logo is professionally done.  But the details throw this thing off a bit.  7/10 overall. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Looks like someone's designer has some 'splaining to do..

(if you don't want to click on the link...Paul Lukas shows how the Blue Coats' new logo is an obvious, blatant rip from an existing political organization's logo)

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/979036785497051137

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

47 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

(if you don't want to click on the link...Paul Lukas shows how the Blue Coats' new logo is an obvious, blatant rip from an existing political organization's logo)

I was wondering why the fingers looked wonky. Skye's logo is executed so much better. 

46 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

Yeah that's pretty obvious.  I suppose the argument will be made that it's Caesar Rodney and not Revere.  But it's pretty damn obvious it was copied.  Why not just take it from the Delaware Quarter?

Delaware quarter

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it’s (intellectual property) lawsuit time!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived