Sign in to follow this  
NoE38

Charlotte Checkers Concepts

HJC just finished up their contest called The Season, where you anonymously create a concept that goes into a round-robin where readers vote on which jersey they like more. I picked a random team, which ended up being the Charlotte Checkers. My goal for these concepts was to create a similar but not identical look to the parent club Hurricanes, and to incorporate a checkerboard pattern, since it's right there in the name.

The first set on the top was my round-robin set. I used a off-colour shoulder with checkers as stripes. This ended up finishing second in the group, earning a playoff spot.

The bottom set was for the playoffs. I went with a black home just to change things up, and created a new pattern, featuring two seperate checker patterns. It unfortunately couldn't get to the final, but I was still happy with the design.

HEhZza5.png

So what do you guys think? C&C is appreciated!

Love it.  Let's go Checkers!

(I think the hurricane flag in the bear's mouth alternate logo is a better crest though.  I wish they used it full time.)

Very, very nice. I wonder if there was a way the Hurricanes and Checkers could make a swap.