Buccaneers Concept Revision (Cannon Ball Set Update 5/12/18)

BucsBoy02

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That number font. Looks amazing. I'm not sold on no serif at the top left of the 1 but wow those other names are fantastic. a mix of sharp edges and curves that really flow, especially in the middle of the numbers. fantastic. someone send this to tampa bay

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

20 hours ago, flyersfan said:

That number font. Looks amazing. I'm not sold on no serif at the top left of the 1 but wow those other names are fantastic. a mix of sharp edges and curves that really flow, especially in the middle of the numbers. fantastic. someone send this to tampa bay

Fixed the 1, not sure what I was thinking when I left the serif off of it. Probably just an oversight. How does this look?

Numbers_zpscj2mmyej.png

14 minutes ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Fixed the 1, not sure what I was thinking when I left the serif off of it. Probably just an oversight. How does this look?

Numbers_zpscj2mmyej.png

you've nailed it. fantastic.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• BucsBoy02 changed the title to Buccaneers Concept Revision (New Logo update)
9 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I like the idea of the cannonball logo, but I think that the motion lines ruin the execution. Perhaps have the cannonball shooting through the 50 inside a larger patch?

Right on, now that you mention it it kinda makes me think if I had the 50 and stuff inside the cannon ball maybe at the same angle as the motion lines maybe it would look better. 

4 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Love the cannonball idea. Wouldn't want to see it on the uniforms but love it for merch

I would love to have a T shirt with the cannonball logo on it and the "Fire The Cannons" slogan. Yeah it would add one to many skull and swords for my taste. I wouldn't want to replace the ship logo on the jersey either. I'm toying around with the idea of having it be the shoulder logo on an alternate jersey and leaving it off the home and away jerseys.

Here is an updated version of the Anniversary version or the cannonball. I turned the text to be more in line with the motion marks. Added an outline to see what it would look like, I can't decided whether I like it more with or without.

Cannon%20Ball%20Revision_zpsgkwsdih6.png

Here is the logo version of it on uniforms. I actually like how its more like the previous set since the cannonball is a dark color and the previous ship logo was a dark color. Still I would take the current ship logo over the cannonball. 

CB%20Sleeve_zpszexwhafg.png

Here is an alternate version loosely based on the Buc's color rush set with the addition of the cannonball on the sleeves. I wouldn't mind the cannonball as a logo on an alternate jersey. 

CB%20alt_zpsevuqmq6q.png

Then I was just messing around and did a did a simple version along the lines of how the Jags went minimalist also using the cannonball logo. idk why but I've always wanted to put vertical stripes on the shoulders

CB%20simple_zpsep3xromy.png

On 5/5/2018 at 9:29 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I like the idea of the cannonball logo, but I think that the motion lines ruin the execution. Perhaps have the cannonball shooting through the 50 inside a larger patch?

What about, instead, having the cannonball logo having the cannonball coming through the fabric, as if it were being shot through a flag?

(Ironic, I know, but if done right it could be a creative, possibly slightly humorous, logo when worn on a shirt or on the sleeve?)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I love all these but my personal favorite is probably the 4th or so design the one inspired by the 2000s. The Bucs are my second favorite team and I loved watching them win the super bowl in that look. Personally I feel the Bucs really need to simplify their color scheme with the red, pewter, silver, orange, and black so I feel you really hit the nail on the head

btw I want to make my own concepts. Where did you get the template?

17 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I like the cannonball with the white border, I might just shorten the lines by 60% of so and arc them slightly to more efficiently convey motion.

I tried to kinda do what you said and here is the result. I like it, may need a little more tweaking though. I'm thinking about redoing the motion lines in a different way. Also wanted to see what it would look like with the motion lines in color.

Cannonball%20Revision%202_zpsuojx491z.pn

How I imagine it would look on a T shirt.

CB%20Tee_zpso1noj3na.png

15 hours ago, Spiderman92 said:

I love all these but my personal favorite is probably the 4th or so design the one inspired by the 2000s. The Bucs are my second favorite team and I loved watching them win the super bowl in that look. Personally I feel the Bucs really need to simplify their color scheme with the red, pewter, silver, orange, and black so I feel you really hit the nail on the head

btw I want to make my own concepts. Where did you get the template?

The jersey is my own creation, its evolved with this concept thread. Started out looking like what it did in the first post and as I kept coming up with different Ideas I also worked on the template. Can't remember exactly where I got the helmet, pants and socks from, online somewhere probably not all in the same place either. 

Here is another update. I've reworked the flag logo trying to differentiate this concept a little more from what they actually have. I got the idea for the flag logo design from one of the unused 1997 logo's they proposed (Seen here Prototype Bucs Helmet). I've gone with the cannon ball logo over the ship logo. While I like the ship logo (just wish they would fix the mast in front of the rear sail error on their actual logo) I feel its a bit to detailed for such a small area and a darker logo would look better. I've tried a million different ways to get alter the ship logo colors but it always looks best with the red sails that blend in with the home jersey. Changed the motions lines and added a steam of smoke to the cannon balls. I've removed the key lines from the logos and love how it looks. The uniforms themselves are pretty much the same as my last update. Really the only thing left that I haven't overhauled from their actually set is the word-mark (which I did remove the drop shadow from) and the outline/stripe pattern.

Buccaneers%20CB%20Logos%20Revision_zpsxu

Buccaneers%20CB%20Home%20Set%20Revision_

Buccaneers%20CB%20Away%20Set%20Revision_

Buccaneers%20CB%20Typeface_zpsjmvfqajd.p

• BucsBoy02 changed the title to Buccaneers Concept Revision (Flag Logo Update 5/9/18)
11 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Here is another update. I've reworked the flag logo trying to differentiate this concept a little more from what they actually have. I got the idea for the flag logo design from one of the unused 1997 logo's they proposed (Seen here Prototype Bucs Helmet). I've gone with the cannon ball logo over the ship logo. While I like the ship logo (just wish they would fix the mast in front of the rear sail error on their actual logo) I feel its a bit to detailed for such a small area and a darker logo would look better. I've tried a million different ways to get alter the ship logo colors but it always looks best with the red sails that blend in with the home jersey. Changed the motions lines and added a steam of smoke to the cannon balls. I've removed the key lines from the logos and love how it looks. The uniforms themselves are pretty much the same as my last update. Really the only thing left that I haven't overhauled from their actually set is the word-mark (which I did remove the drop shadow from) and the outline/stripe pattern.

Buccaneers%20CB%20Logos%20Revision_zpsxu

Buccaneers%20CB%20Home%20Set%20Revision_

Buccaneers%20CB%20Away%20Set%20Revision_

Buccaneers%20CB%20Typeface_zpsjmvfqajd.p

Perfection

Archived