Are Redskins gonna wear white at home?

Blue Falcon

Did they ever really stop wearing white at home? I actually liked it, they were the one team other than the Cowboys who I thought really should wear white at home, and that kinda lost some of its luster since the 10 or so other teams started doing it as a fad. Man, you got Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, Tampa Bay, San Diego, Arizona, Philadelphia, and Cleveland that I can think of offhand that have worn white at home recently. That's WAY too much! I think the only teams that should be able to wear white at home are Dallas, Washington, Arizona and Miami, since they have done it for a while. Everyone else should be consistent, cuz I hate all those teams that wear white at home for like the first 3 or 4 home games when its hot then switch. Teams should have one home uniform and one road uniform, with maybe some pants color variation. Sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant there.....so to answer your question yes they probably will. :D

Personally, I'd like to see the NFL force every team to always wear a dark jersey at home...whether it's their regular one, a throwback, or a lighter "hot weather" home jersey...like the Dolphins or Browns orange ones.

The Skins wore white at home from 1981-2000, Gibbs' first year through Norv Turner's last. In 2001, Marty switched back to burgundy jerseys at home. In 2002, Spurrier had them wear white at home twice, and last year 3 times I think.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I agree with Blue Falcon, teams should wear color uniforms at home.

I propose a day when no team will be able to wear white uniforms at home. Teams will be mandated to wear only their primary home uniforms at home, not some insignificant brighter color like orange for Miami or yellow for Minnesota. Teams established those uniforms for one purpose: identity. Not wearing them obscures their identity because every time they wear them, spectators will wonder why they changed them because they are not used to seeing them.

I also propose a day when teams will only have 5 uniforms: preseason, season home, season road, Thanksgiving home, and Thanksgiving road. Examples of preseason uniforms include Green Bay's yellow, Miami's orange, and San Francisco's gold. Every team should wear an alternate color for the preseason to emphasize minor colors.

In terms of throwbacks, every team should participate. Many people miss their teams good old days when they grew up. Every team should participate in the Thanksgiving Classic, and have the fans vote on what uniform set to use. Fields and broadcasts should coordinate with the uniforms used (example: the Broncos using the Orange Crush and the logo is on the field and broadcast on TV).

Also, I propose having the Jets and Giants return to their previous uniforms and a ban on going permanently retro. Teams need to go forward to establish a new identity, not backward. There is one reason those uniforms were dropped in the first place: out of fashion. Why wear something that is out of fashion? If you want to wear it, wear it as a throwback on Thanksgiving, but not permanently.

One last thing is that we must realign the NFL so that the divisions make sense. Having Indianapolis in the south and Dallas in the East do not make sense. We need to make sense of it so we do not have elementary students confused about the teams' geographical locations.

Join me as we come together to reform the NFL and make it better than it ever has been. I see a bright future for the NFL, but only if my proposals are made a reality. Help the NFL become better, support my ideas.

Dark vs. white home uniforms for the Redskins? Well, let's see:

DARK: 0-1 in Super Bowls.

WHITE: 3-1 in Super Bowls.

White wins. (Added bonus: White at home makes Cowboys play in dark uniforms, and Cowboys don't win in dark unis.)

As for the rest: The home uniform in baseball and basketball is traditionally white. The NHL can't make up its mind as to white or dark at home. The NFL leaves it to the discretion of the home team, which is the way it should be.

Miami and Dallas look wrong when they don't wear white. San Diego wore white at home in the Don Coryell years and looked better than they did before or since. Cleveland wore white at home through most of the '60s and won an NFL title. The (L.A.) Rams wore white often at home in the '60s and '70s. Arizona looks better in white too.

The only thing bo-ring about white uniforms is when the jerseys are worn with white pants.

Packers-2.png

Man, you got Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, Tampa Bay, San Diego, Arizona, Philadelphia, and Cleveland that I can think of offhand that have worn white at home recently. That's WAY too much! I think the only teams that should be able to wear white at home are Dallas, Washington, Arizona and Miami, since they have done it for a while.

Cleveland has worn white at home pretty regularly through the years. Especially in the 60's through the 80's. Lately, they have gone half and half with the jerseys (half the year dark jerseys, half the year white). Don't really have a problem with teams swiching to light jerseys in September/October; this is part of having the home team advantage. Having said that, I do prefer dark jerseys at home over white overall.

The only thing bo-ring about white uniforms is when the jerseys are worn with white pants.

ah, but sometimes it looks very good, IMO, the arizona cardinals all white look is better than the red pants, for some reason. however there are some teams that i dont like seeing all white, like the chargers. but, of course those are my 2cents.

qvAvG.jpg

I like the white jerseys and I think it should be left up to the team which uni they want to wear. And, I like the Fins' and Browns' alts. They should wear them more than once a year. I'm not really sold on Minnesota's or San Fran's alts though.

<_<

I agree with Blue Falcon, teams should wear color uniforms at home.

I propose a day when no team will be able to wear white uniforms at home. Teams will be mandated to wear only their primary home uniforms at home, not some insignificant brighter color like orange for Miami or yellow for Minnesota. Teams established those uniforms for one purpose: identity. Not wearing them obscures their identity because every time they wear them, spectators will wonder why they changed them because they are not used to seeing them.

I also propose a day when teams will only have 5 uniforms: preseason, season home, season road, Thanksgiving home, and Thanksgiving road. Examples of preseason uniforms include Green Bay's yellow, Miami's orange, and San Francisco's gold. Every team should wear an alternate color for the preseason to emphasize minor colors.

In terms of throwbacks, every team should participate. Many people miss their teams good old days when they grew up. Every team should participate in the Thanksgiving Classic, and have the fans vote on what uniform set to use. Fields and broadcasts should coordinate with the uniforms used (example: the Broncos using the Orange Crush and the logo is on the field and broadcast on TV).

Also, I propose having the Jets and Giants return to their previous uniforms and a ban on going permanently retro. Teams need to go forward to establish a new identity, not backward. There is one reason those uniforms were dropped in the first place: out of fashion. Why wear something that is out of fashion? If you want to wear it, wear it as a throwback on Thanksgiving, but not permanently.

One last thing is that we must realign the NFL so that the divisions make sense. Having Indianapolis in the south and Dallas in the East do not make sense. We need to make sense of it so we do not have elementary students confused about the teams' geographical locations.

Join me as we come together to reform the NFL and make it better than it ever has been. I see a bright future for the NFL, but only if my proposals are made a reality. Help the NFL become better, support my ideas.

I'm reading Retromaniac in your post but my mind says "ICS, ICS, ICS" don't know why. Maybe it's Bizzarro ICS.

The Redskins wearing white at home is very traditional, and it's how i grew up with them. I like it. Not to mention the Skins have, i think, one of the best uniforms in the NFL...

...eventhough i hate the rat bastards... GO GIANTS!!!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As I watched Washington on MNF, I was reminded that they switched to Metallic Cardinal shells. I know this was touched on by someone on this board, but couldn't find anything via the search engine. Here is a link to a helmet site that claims they made the change last year:

International Helmet Collector's Club - NFL Washington

Something else I noticed is that the Washington coach's caps never change. Here is a photo of Gibbs from his last stint in Washington and another one from training camp:

p1_gibbs1_ap.jpgGibbsCover.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

and that kinda lost some of its luster since the 10 or so other teams started doing it as a fad. Man, you got Carolina, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, Tampa Bay, San Diego, Arizona, Philadelphia, and Cleveland that I can think of offhand that have worn white at home recently.

If you will notice all but Cleveland and Philadelphia are in hot summer climates.

Carolina wears white because they feel it gives them an advantage in the hot & humid September home games. After that they wear their black homes. As I imagine the other's do.

It's not a fad, they feel it gives them an advantage. Now if that advantage is real or just psychological to the visiting team I don't know.

Back on topic, I actually like the Washington whites. I hope they do return to them.

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

I propose a day when no team will be able to wear white uniforms at home. Teams will be mandated to wear only their primary home uniforms at home, not some insignificant brighter color like orange for Miami or yellow for Minnesota.
they tried that in 1957, before then teams pretty much did it like soccer: they wore their primary color unless there was a clash (and at some points, even if there was a clash). so the Rams had a blue shirt and a yellow shirt; the Browns had actually worn orange once back then; the Giants had a red jersey back in the 30's, i believe; the Packers on and off had gold jerseys; the Bears had an orange jersey at one point; and all teams used white jerseys when necessary (e.g. Lions vs Giants, Cardinals vs Redskins, Packers vs Eagles). one exception was Bears vs Packers, oddly enough. apparently it was during the last few seasons that the Packers wore navy instead of green, and Halas was mad for some reason so whenever teh Bears came up to GB both teams were in navy. Which is likely the reason the 1957 ruling of color vs white was established. I recall the league let home team have first choice in teh mid 60s.

again, you were born too late ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So...Spectators will be confused because a team wears a certain jersey at home because it ruins the identity....(Keep this in mind)

But, instead of the standard white version OF the identity set, you propose having an entirely DIFFERENT "throwback" identity set. Wouldn't this confuse fans more, if you think they are that easily confused?

I have more faith in American children then you do, I guess.

Archived