Best sports cities 2004

DEAD!

WOW, I live in #360. But i'll bet you on race weekend's its #1.

Outside of the racetrack all we have is an A-Ball team for the Chisox, Kannapolis Intimidators. Maybe the occasional county fair kinda thing.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I think New York has to by defualt every yerar. In the 4 big sports the New York area has 9 teams. Thats at least 2 in every sport and in hockey there is 3 teams.

But there is a possibility all of them could suck in any given year.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Illadelph is ranked number nine, number nine, number nine...

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

29... I guess it could be worse. Especially now that the Brewers are up to their old tricks again :cursing:

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

As you get past the top 50, it falls off fast.

How did they come up with these results, anyway? I mean, Niagara Falls is at 145... that's in the top half. I can't even think of anything there that meets the criteria.

Niagara Falls, Ontario or Niagara Falls, NY? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

When will Denver get the recognition it deserves? It should certainly be higher than 12.

The Avalanche have the longest consecutive sellout streak of ANY professional sports team.

The city is getting pumped about Denver Nuggets basketball, and the atmospehere at those games were amazing.

The Broncos always sellout and have a huge waiting list for season tickets. Not to mention, Elways induction marked the first ever time the stadium was sold out for the ceremony (I believe) and it was 75% Elway/Broncos fans. And they say no player has ever had more people fly into Canton from elsewhere to see his induction that Elway.

The Rockies have been among the teams with the best attendance in the league despite having only made the playoffs once in their history, and having been out of the race by the all-star break countless times in the past few years.

The NLL's Colorado Mammoth were the leagues top revenue producing team, and sold out just about every game.

IUe6Hvh.png

I found it shocking that Lowell was even on the list at #329. Usually it's lumped in with Boston as a suburb, less than 30 miles away.

What's more shocking is that Lowell wasn't even close to last on the list. Poor Saint John, NB. Beautiful friendly city with nothing left as far as pro teams.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Avalanche have the longest consecutive sellout streak of ANY professional sports team.

No way. Absolutly no way that is true. The rest of your post was great, but Green Bay, New York Giants, tons of others have longer ones I think...

InTheEnd88 is absolutely correct. Here is an article from 11/06/03 discussing the streak:

Avalanche Active Sellout Streak Reaches 400 Thursday Night

The current active sellout streak of 400 consecutive games is the longest recorded streak in NHL history and the longest active streak in all of major professional sports.

And here is an article with the current streak length:

TV deal won't affect impasse

It?s the rival Colorado Avalanche who claim a current sellout streak of 434 games, including the playoffs. That NHL-record streak goes back to November 1995, the franchise?s first season in Denver.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived