Sign in to follow this  
Windell918

Personal Branding

Hi guys. Been a while since I've been on here but Im needing some of that wonderful feedback this board is so awesomely known for. Anyone who has seen my work on here had probably seen my personal "windell works" brand. I use it as the face of the freelance work I do locally.  I wanted to modernize it a bit and clean it up. Here is the old logo and the new look as well. Which is better? More current? Clean? What could I do better? 

OLD:

tDcl8kU.png

NEW:

TngJlKw.png

I like the heads on the new one, but the body part is lacking compared to the old version.

The w on the neck is a nice touch.

The wordmark is not a real upgrade though.

What would the new heads on the old bodies look like?

I think my ideal would be the new W with the old font. I know you're trying to modernize, but the current trend of the same small range of typefaces everywhere irks me to no end.

The difference in sizing between the W and the words takes away from it imo. What would it look like if the W was in line with the letters?

The whole concept seems a bit complicated, though I find most personal branding logos in general too ornate vs. functional.

Does the animal imagery represent anything specific? At first glance, it feels like an example of your work shoehorned in as opposed to a cohesive design that communicates your brand.

I actually like the first one as a whole better. It's just got more personality or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.

New one looks like a 1980s version of the old one. Still pretty cool though.