Jump to content

rsaline's Baseball Uniform Template - PSD


rsaline
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

I've been working the past few weeks on a new template for baseball uniforms in Photoshop. It was a painstaking effort to get everything on there but hopefully I've covered everything. I'd really like to thank @raysox for the inspiration from his Soccer and NuSoccer templates - I love the flat looks with thick outlines. I also want to thank @dsaline97 for critiquing the final product with Snapchat sketches. Here's some of the highlights:

 

MV52IS1.png

 

  • Traditional and "Taco Bell" style hats
  • Traditional, Paneled, and "Taco Bell" helmets
    • Gloss and Matte finishes
  • Smart Object layers for helmet and hat logos
  • Four Jersey Styles:
    • Pullover (with round, v-neck, and one-button collar styles)
    • Button down w/ undershirt
    • Button down w/o undershirt
    • Button down vest
    • Each jersey style has raglan and traditional sleeves and pinstripes
  • Three jersey piping options for placket, sleeves, and neck:
    • One color (most teams)
    • Two color (Nationals)
    • Two color (Braves)
  • Two pants styles
    • Elastic waist (70s - 80s)
    • Belted waist (traditional)
    • Each pants style has pinstripe and pocket flap options
  • Three pants piping options for outseam and belt loops
  • Separate stirrup and sanitary sock layers

 

Everything should be layered and grouped logically.

 

Here's the deal - I only have Photoshop, so please don't ask me "When will this be available for Paint, Illustrator, Inkscape, etc.?" because I won't doing that. However, if you think there is a critical piece missing from the template, please let me know and I'll see if it's worth adding. Please have fun with this and feel free to show of your concepts!

 

TL;DR - Here's the link:

Media Fire Link

 

Bonus: If you can tell me individual and team referenced in the picture above, I'll give you a high five.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave it a test run with my Brewers concept, just to test the functions:

 

PKXyn8b.png

 

I'd say that it works really well! The options are plentiful, the layers are well-organized, and the use of smart objects for caps and helmets was an inspired choice. I did notice that the layer mask on the jersey back was misaligned, but that's a quick fix. I'd also suggest adding Tigers-style belt loops. Still, well done and I'd love to see it gain traction on the forums!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd say that it works really well! The options are plentiful, the layers are well-organized, and the use of smart objects for caps and helmets was an inspired choice. I did notice that the layer mask on the jersey back was misaligned, but that's a quick fix. I'd also suggest adding Tigers-style belt loops. Still, well done and I'd love to see it gain traction on the forums!

Awesome concept! I knew that the jersey mask was messed up, but forgot to move it. So I will make that fix.

 

I actually had never noticed the Tigers belt loops before you mentioned it, but I'd love to get that included. It may take me a bit, but I will get an updated version out soon(ish).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love this template.  If I were to recommend adding anything, I would suggest adding in the Mets' racing stripes down the sleeves and up the sides.

I've also been messing around a bit with the template and I'm finding that the layer "Neck Piping 2" doesn't move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
17 hours ago, balonga98 said:

Is it possible you can get the Dbacks snake pattern for the template?

I am not planning on making any updates anytime soon. If you want to try on your own I would start with the raglan template and then create a diamond pattern that curves as a smart object to follow the sleeve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
44 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

Howdy! Fantastic job on this template. I was playing around with it, but I'm having a difficult time getting a cleaner resolution on my projects. Should I just increase the size of the image itself for better resolution or do you have other suggestions?

 

What are you saving it as and where are you storing them? I save most of my designs as PNG files and use Imgur for posting them to forums. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saved it as a PNG and saved it to my Google drive. Its at a 1500 x 900, same size as the original PSD. my script comes across as pretty pixelated as well as logos for the helmet (apologies about maroon pinstripes too. My boys decided these were a good idea.)

spacer.png

For reference, here's the script in Maroon: spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2020 at 12:07 PM, Capt. America said:

Howdy! Fantastic job on this template. I was playing around with it, but I'm having a difficult time getting a cleaner resolution on my projects. Should I just increase the size of the image itself for better resolution or do you have other suggestions?

 

Increasing the size of the image should work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Not sure if you've updated this template/made new ones since, but I've been playing around with this one for a few days and cannot for the life of me change the DENVER on the front. The template is great! I'm relatively new to this stuff & could use some help on this, not really sure what to do. I double click it & nothing happens, though I can move it around just fine, can't change the actual word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, McC_Jack said:

Not sure if you've updated this template/made new ones since, but I've been playing around with this one for a few days and cannot for the life of me change the DENVER on the front. The template is great! I'm relatively new to this stuff & could use some help on this, not really sure what to do. I double click it & nothing happens, though I can move it around just fine, can't change the actual word.

The DENVER script on the front is just a vector right now. Create your own script on a different layer and you can delete the Denver layer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.