Biggest Downgrades in History

Bruins

The use of navy blue as a base color is bad, and the all-navy uniforms had no business on the field. Color distribution should have been orange jerseys with blue socks, white jerseys with orange socks.

For a lighter shade of blue that's still darker, maybe try hex #002266?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

There is nothing about the design of the 1997 Broncos uniforms that is bad. The side panels worked, and the white in the helmet logo really balanced everything out. It's one of the most balanced, top-to-bottom uniforms. Unique number font that isn't a chore to read. 

It was an instantly fresh, but well designed and not overdesigned modern uniform and it's not their fault it became the template for every college football team between then and the mid 2000s. 

I know this board loves boring classic striped uniforms, but I think the Broncos uniform is a modern classic. 

Amen. That uniform will be missed if it’s ever replaced.

Nike botched the collar on the Manning-era set, but the originals were gold.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

18 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I know this board loves boring classic striped uniforms, but I think the Broncos uniform is a modern classic. 

Quit it with the generalizations.  I'm one that hates boring striped uniforms, but hates the Broncos look even more.  

People like you dismiss dissenting opinions as simply people hating new things, without even listening to the reasons they give for it.  Quite frankly, "the board only likes traditional things" is the laziest comment anyone could possibly make here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Cubs are so amazing, they're very impressive and magnificent, the chicks in the bleachers are all at least high 7s.

The Astros, have you seen the women at Astros games? The organization ought to be ashamed, really - terrible, terrible women, ugly as sin. Also all that railroad imagery in the stadium - pathetic, old, washed-up stuff. Why does no stadium have a private-jet theme? That's a fantastic idea, could make for an incredible venue!

...okay, fine I'll stop.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:13 AM, The AFC South said:

919d486dc536788ef99a2ad2dcb81ad2.jpg
to
Image result for jazz logo 1996
to
Related image

This evolution reminds me of one of my greatest uniform pet peeves (one that now seems to be mostly behind us): the chilling effect of the NBA's $500,000 fine for teams to change their primary logo. The intent of the rule, to prevent teams from changing their logos willy-nilly and wasting a bunch of logo'd merchandise, was obvious. But it led to teams doing uniform changes on the cheap and sticking with a recolored primary logo that didn't fit the new uniform at all. This affected the Wizards, Hawks, Pistons, Jazz, Raptors, Wolves, and other teams.

Thankfully, either the NBA has gotten rid of that rule, or teams have realized that $500,000 is a small price to pay to look coherent and to be able to sell a whole new set of merchandise to their fans.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

gary-sheffield-1215.jpgMike+Cameron+Mike+Stanton+San+Francisco+

Small change but it made a huge difference.

YES... And I think this is a much bigger downgrade than the 2nd set to the Miami rebrand, contrary to popular opinion. From that darker black heavy Florida Marlins set it's at least a lateral move to the Miami set and possibly an upgrade. 

On 4/8/2018 at 10:03 PM, SFGiants58 said:

That’d be good, but maybe something a bit more “royal” would be better. How about the Dodgers/Rangers’ 294 C? 

pantone294c.jpg

And what was the Elway era Bronco blue? I always loved that shade of blue, kinda between royal and sky.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:13 PM, kimball said:

Such a miss/mess. I can't believe this was a thing. 

That thing is called an abomination.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

15 hours ago, verno said:

The exact opposite!! I hated the Picasso Coyote look!!

Was there a reason for the Picasso logo?  I've been to the Picasso museum in Catalonia, and don't recall anything about his winter residence in Phoenix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived