Biggest Downgrades in History

Bruins

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MCM0313 said:

Haha...my fridge is black, but point taken.

Ahhh, I'm sitting next to my 2011 Mustang GT right now!! As I drink and type, l fully appreciate this ride. He's got 34k miles after a run to Missouri! Performed flawlessly!! And at many high rates of speed, thank you!!!! This fricking car has been nothing but silk since new? to the shegrin of my Chevy loving wife?

On 7/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, verno said:

Ya know, my first college out of high school, their colors were Cherry and Grey. No black outlines, no brown, simple bright red and flat silver. Just the "flattest", most unimaginative grey/silver you could think of!!!! And on the basketball unis, (no football team,) amazing!!!! AZ Cardinals, any thoughts?

Assuming they had white in there to break things up, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If they just rolled with red and gray everywhere, it would look like the low-contrast throwback Lions. Some people like it, but it's not my thing. I think a beige/warm gray is a better desert color, and a better match for the bird, though.

39 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I liked the grey with a blue tint for the contrast, but now I'm liking this for the desert vibes: 

B0OQA4K.png

Love the look of the warm grey, copper and cardinal red. I'd even say stick with the white helmet instead of grey. White and Cardinal, with Grey and Copper trim is a great combo.

10 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Just messing with my AZ Cardinals concept from a few months ago. 

Here are your Arizona Desert Cardinals: 

aOi6BCp.png

JrNGaoG.png

The logo is nice, but the stripes feel a little too college-y. A single cardinal stripe inside thinner copper stripes would look pretty good, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The plain-navy BOSTON jerseys were fine.  The only problem was when they went with navy socks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/15/2018 at 4:59 PM, M4One said:

I don't get the love for the Picasso Coyote, either.  And, the reality is, they didn't go from the original set to what they have now.  This was the Coyotes best uniform and most certainly an upgrade over the original uniform.  It's been a downgrade since, from losing the hem stripes to what they got now.

090213_bretthull.jpg

While I can definitely understand why people would hate the original Coyotes look, I prefer it because it has a local flavour that's been missing from their set ever since. If you took the shoulder patch off that Hull jersey it could literally be used by any team called the Coyotes. The Kachina is a bit gaudy, but is definitely unique to Arizona.

It's also always bothered me that when they switched to the two-colour look they used a lace-up collar at home, but a wishbone collar on the road.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

If you took the shoulder patch off that Hull jersey it could literally be used by any team called the Coyotes.

chi_u_kane1_sw_sq_300.jpg

and if you took the shoulder patch off that Kane jersey, it could literally be used by any team called the Blackhawks.  Nothing about their identity has a local flavor, but hundreds of thousands of people in the Chicago area embrace it.  The team doesn't reflect the community, the community reflects the team.

I understand that Chicago has a 70 year head start on Glendale when it comes to hockey, but I think the lack of a rabid Arizona fan base has more to do with the crappy on-ice

product than a Cachina doll missing from the sweater. 

On 7/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, Hat Boy said:

chi_u_kane1_sw_sq_300.jpg

and if you took the shoulder patch off that Kane jersey, it could literally be used by any team called the Blackhawks.  Nothing about their identity has a local flavor, but hundreds of thousands of people in the Chicago area embrace it.  The team doesn't reflect the community, the community reflects the team.

I understand that Chicago has a 70 year head start on Glendale when it comes to hockey, but I think the lack of a rabid Arizona fan base has more to do with the crappy on-ice

product than a Cachina doll missing from the sweater. 

I was expecting a reply like this.

I am not saying that a uniform/logo set needs to be inspired by the local market in order to be a good look, nor am I saying that the troubles the Coyotes organization have endured are due to them changing their uniforms.

Was just saying that I will always take a unique look with some local character over a bland, cookie-cutter design. One of the reasons I consider the Red Wings to have the best logo in sports is the connection to Detroit's Motor City identity.

The Blackhawks (and every other Original 6 identity for that matter) have a timeless look which, as you mentioned, established itself in the market long ago. The Coyotes essentially recoloured the Leafs former template, and changed to a logo that looks like it could be from an EA Sports create-a-team mode.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, Hat Boy said:

The team doesn't reflect the community, the community reflects the team.

Could you explain this?  I fail to see how residents of any particular area take on the personality of a professional sports team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Could you explain this?  I fail to see how residents of any particular area take on the personality of a professional sports team.

Ever spent quality time amongst the populus in Pittsburgh? I lived up there for seven years...believe me it's possible.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I was not referring to residents taking on the personality of the team--I am talking strictly looks.  A bunch of people wearing Blackhawks gear looks very "Chicago" even though nothing about the Blackhawks identity/look is indicative of Chicago.  So, in a sense, the city reflects the look of the team instead of the other way around.

John Candy's character in the movie "Summer Rental" is from Chicago.  A quick and easy way to get that across is to put him in a Blackhawks jersey. 

Summer_Rental.jpg

Archived