Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

Report Suggests Titans New Helmet Will Be Navy Blue

March 26, 2018 - 14:06 PM

The Tennessee Titans could be getting a whole new look up top when they take the field at Nissan Stadium later this year. According to a report on A to Z Sports Nashville the Titans will be switching their helmet […]

Read More...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the white helmet.  If there was going to be a change, I'd rather see powder blue helmets, but we know that won't happen.  I'm guessing powder blue won't have much prominence anymore, so now the Titans will look just like Houston and New England. Sad.

I'm in the minority, but this has major potential. They could go the Bills route and blend the border into the helmet - on a navy backdrop, they could drop the white border altogether and give the flames some air:

1.jpg?screen

Of course, they'll probably go the Lions route and add several borders around the logo for no reason whatsoever.

If numbers are similar to LA Kings like the 20th anniversary logo it could be a good move forward. 

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Numbers aside, the Titans had a pretty solid look.   I don’t think I’m going to like this change. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, FALCON6 said:

There are already too many teams with navy. Now they're moving it to the helmets? Not a fan.

Well, there are still more teams with white than navy. I would have liked either silver or Columbia blue instead of navy.

2017 colors - 
White - Arizona, Buffalo, Jets, Miami, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Chargers

Navy - Chicago, Rams, Seattle, Houston, Denver

In 2018, it would appear to be 6 and 6 instead of 7 and 5

It's where I sit.

Funny the Titans and Chargers have both had the opportunity to own powder blue, and both are refusing to embrace it.  The Titans could move to a powder blue helmet, be the only one in the league to have one, and stand out, but nope...of course it will be navy instead.

1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

Funny the Titans and Chargers have both had the opportunity to own powder blue, and both are refusing to embrace it.  The Titans could move to a powder blue helmet, be the only one in the league to have one, and stand out, but nope...of course it will be navy instead.

That does seem to be the problem - not that there are too many navy helmets, but that there are too many navy teams in general, and the Titans are adding more navy to their scheme. 

7 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Purely speculative, but could it be that navy simply "tests" better for merchandising? Even the Seahawks, who "own" the most unique color in the NFL, keep things grounded with navy.

*1,000th post alert* attaboy!

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Off-topic, but isn’t this the kind of thing that should have gone in the existing “Titans Uniform Change” thread?

We can’t even have a thread discussing the NBA’s third-uniform program without it being summarily moved into a 300+ page megathread, but we can have two separate threads about the Titans’ new duds?  One for just the helmet?  The new criteria are weird.  

I think it happened because it was posted as a news post. It seems that any news articles posted automatically get their own threads. It was done by "NewsBot". Maybe I'm wrong.

33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I had posted it in that thread earlier.

30 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I think it happened because it was posted as a news post. It seems that any news articles posted automatically get their own threads. It was done by "NewsBot". Maybe I'm wrong.

That makes sense for starting it, but keeping it?  Still strange.

4 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I had posted it in that thread earlier.

And that's cool.  Definitely belongs there.  It's more about allowing duplicate threads on some topics but not others that I find odd.  It's the uneven application of rules that I find frustrating.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

And that's cool.  Definitely belongs there.  It's more about allowing duplicate threads on some topics but not others that I find odd.  It's the uneven application of rules that I find frustrating.

I completely agree.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It is most likely an account that posts news for the members to see controlled by the website.

Thanks for defending my case anyway haha

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived