Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m already excited for 2023 after seeing that. Good god. 

I know now I shouldn’t rush to judgment until seeing the full uniform but that standalone jersey is terrible. Just about every aspect of it is bad, especially that number font after what they’ve been using on social media and their website. 

8prlQWA.png

22 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

More accurate photo I presume...you can see more in boxes in the back.

It's a green dong away from being perfect.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

This will surprise no one here, but...I love it.

A lot is going to depend on the helmet and pants but I’m digging this update.  The previous set had aged a bit and these are pretty fun.  

52 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Navy-Navy-Silver could look pretty sharp, if not a little drab.  The pants better have some red in them.

I have a feeling that the Titans are going to come out of this looking like the Patriots should look.

The only drawback is that the Seahawks have that same combo.  I guess you could say the Pats would have the same combo if the Titans pull out a silver helmet.  So, maybe they stick with a white lid and white pants.  That would allow for a Red or Columbia Blue Color Rush.  If they have a Grey Pant, White Pant, and Navy Pant...either Columbia Blue or Red will be the Color Rush.

33 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

That actually doesn't look all that bad. But I need to see the full uniform.

I’m dying to see the back of the jersey to see how the rest of the side panel looks since there are very few seams on the VU template. I’m wondering if the Columbia transitions into navy via gradient since the only other seam on the back of the jersey runs vertically straight down the middle, and I can’t imagine the entire back of the jersey is Columbia 

well, i'm not a big fan of the home...

but i think i may be on board with a columbia blue alternate/color rush, if that's a thing......

hate that font, though. i liked the old font.

7 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The pit stains are just generally bad. I get that they're trying to find another panel to put color but with the way football jerseys flex, it never ends up looking good on anyone but a slot WR. 

The one good thing about the side panels are that they don’t appear to go all the way down to the pants. They won’t need the awkward attempt to tie the side panels into the pants stripes like the Vikings previous set. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I have a feeling that the Titans are going to come out of this looking like the Patriots should look.

That's basically why they should have as little red as possible. That, and we should all know how bad an identity that uses navy, a lighter blue, silver, white and red is by now...

I always wait to see the full presentation, but this looks like a design-by-committee frankendesign.

I really wish Nike released more behind-the-scenes unused designs, just so we can rightfully blame the teams' management for meddling.  Hey, its their money.  But Its refreshing when marketing management just trusts creative after turning over a thorough brief, but this is the eternal struggle for corporate design.

1 minute ago, MN Wilkings said:

The one good thing about the side panels are that they don’t appear to go all the way down to the pants. They won’t need the awkward attempt to tie the side panels into the pants stripes like the Vikings previous set. 

True. Then again comparing anything favorably to the 2006-2012 Vikings is the definition of damning with faint praise. 

2 hours ago, Volt said:

I'm secretly hoping that the all-Grey alternates (rumored) use both Anthracite and Dark Steel Grey, ala the now-retired Smokey Mountain Greys that UofTennessee wore.  Add Columbia and Red to the 2 Greys and you've got something there, too.

Your masters already got an ugly all-dark gray uniform for the Lions... no one needs to see another one.  Hell, we didn't need to see that one.

And WHF do you mean by "both" Anthracite and Dark Steel Gray?  Is that just some weird joke?  That's like saying they need to use both navy blue and really really dark blue.

Archived