Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Your masters already got an ugly all-dark gray uniform for the Lions... no one needs to see another one.  Hell, we didn't need to see that one.

And WHF do you mean by "both" Anthracite and Dark Steel Gray?  Is that just some weird joke?  That's like saying they need to use both navy blue and really really dark blue.

The Lions’ Grey Alts are the best look out of that entire redesign.

Nike uses 3 different Greys:  Anthracite (darkest), Dark Steel Grey (Middle-to-Light...Lions, Colorado Buffalos alts, many others), and Pewter (Light Grey...Patriots pants).  

Or, if you knew half of what you think you’re talking about, the Tennessee Volunteers’ Dark Smokey Grey alternates.  

It's honestly not that busy.  There's a lot of overreaction here.

With the truncated sleeves and tight cuts, the "pit stains" may not even be noticeable much, and add some more light blue to it which is a good thing.  They don't go all the way down to the bottom so you don't get the mis-matched panels like the Patriots have.

If the number font wasn't flat on top and bottom, I'd like this jersey a lot.

I wonder if the contrast stitching across the yoke is intentional or just because it's a continuation of the navy stitch that goes the rest of the way around.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Nike uses 3 different Greys:  Anthracite (darkest), Dark Steel Grey (Middle-to-Light...Lions, Colorado Buffalos alts, many others), and Pewter (Light Grey...Patriots pants).  

Or, if you knew half of what you think you’re talking about, the Tennessee Volunteers’ Dark Smokey Grey alternates.  

No the grays are not, they are the only bad part of the redesign. They look like crappy sweats.

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

Ok, ace. :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of I "think" I know;

First, the Lions' gray alts are clownish garbage, and second, the Volunteers' were equally ridiculous (back before they came to their senses and burned them).

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's honestly not that busy.  There's a lot of overreaction here.

With the truncated sleeves and tight cuts, the "pit stains" may not even be noticeable much, and add some more light blue to it which is a good thing.  They don't go all the way down to the bottom so you don't get the mis-matched panels like the Patriots have.

If the number font wasn't flat on top and bottom, I'd like this jersey a lot.

I wonder if the contrast stitching across the yoke is intentional or just because it's a continuation of the navy stitch that goes the rest of the way around.

I don't think it's quite so busy in that it has too much going on, but it's certainly visually jarring. I feel as though the grey yoke with no white involved on top of the white number with no grey involved makes it look like the top and bottom halves are two different jerseys stitched together: one that only uses grey, navy, columbia, and red, and another that only uses navy, columbia, and white.

As someone else said, a franken-jersey.

10 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I don't think it's quite so busy in that it has too much going on, but it's certainly visually jarring. I feel as though the grey yoke with no white involved on top of the white number with no grey involved makes it look like the top and bottom halves are two different jerseys stitched together: one that only uses grey, navy, columbia, and red, and another that only uses navy, columbia, and white.

As someone else said, a franken-jersey.

I guess I see that. Would making the main number gray fix that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The shoulders look dirty white. The number font is phenomenally stupid but these would have sucked as a whole regardless. 

Even an avid defender of this jersey would probably agree it's still the worst in the franchise's history. But hey other than that great job Titans!!

Maybe wait to see it under better lighting and with the whole uniform. I have a feeling the shoulders could look a little grayer and less *sigh* vintage white. 

27 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

No the grays are not, they are the only bad part of the redesign. They look like crappy sweats.

Lol, okay.  I respect your opinion but completely disagree.

21 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ok, ace. :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of I "think" I know;

First, the Lions' gray alts are clownish garbage, and second, the Volunteers' were equally ridiculous (back before they came to their senses and burned them).

Awesome!  Glad your opinion is the end-all, be-all.  

You were still wrong about the Greys, and subjectivity is subjectivity; I think my farts smell great.  I’m sure you’d disagree.

7 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Let's not ignore the big neon dong either (never thought I'd type that).

It was definitely put on there to deter sharing. If this was an elaborate Photoshop by somebody, this would not be on there.

POTD nominee. 

We still do that right?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

34 minutes ago, bowld said:

Feel like front number should be silver not white. Overall feels very Arena Football like

The Nashville Kats looked a lot better than this.

I don't understand the gray, other than Nike still getting hard for giving everyone a gray uniform. I don't understand why there's loads of gray and red on the shoulders/sleeves and none elsewhere. I don't get why pit stains have migrated up from collegiate teamwear. I'm old and confused and this jersey is not helping.

Is it possible the end of the sleeve is folded under to hide a new logo? The sleeve seems awfully short.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These are pretty poor. There’s a decent foundation to build from. I actually kinda like the sword shaped shoulder stripe. If it was the traditional columbia blue, then it would be much better. However, the number font is garbage and I’m disappointed to see the old wordmark still around. The worst part is the color balance. Too many colors competing for visual attention. The white numbers and wordmark stick out like a sore thumb with no other white on the jersey. The gray shoulders are a needless addition and make this much more cluttered and dull looking. The red is hardly even there. Also, the neck detail is kinda cool, but I feel like it clashes with the traditional way the stars are presented. Whenever I see those stars associated with Tennessee, I see them enclosed within a circle, not just three random stars in a line. The armpit panels are pointless and only there to add back the classic light blue that they removed from the shoulders. Hopefully the white and light blue (they’re still doing light blue jerseys, right?) sets are better.

Archived