Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

Granted those are cell phone pictures, but that navy looks a lot closer to black than anything. Definitely looks darker than the Patriots' blue. The lighter blue is much more recognizable as Columbia-ish, but the main color looks black to me.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

These are pretty poor. There’s a decent foundation to build from. I actually kinda like the sword shaped shoulder stripe. If it was the traditional columbia blue, then it would be much better. However, the number font is garbage and I’m disappointed to see the old wordmark still around. The worst part is the color balance. Too many colors competing for visual attention. The white numbers and wordmark stick out like a sore thumb with no other white on the jersey. The gray shoulders are a needless addition and make this much more cluttered and dull looking. The red is hardly even there. Also, the neck detail is kinda cool, but I feel like it clashes with the traditional way the stars are presented. Whenever I see those stars associated with Tennessee, I see them enclosed within a circle, not just three random stars in a line. The armpit panels are pointless and only there to add back the classic light blue that they removed from the shoulders. Hopefully the white and light blue (they’re still doing light blue jerseys, right?) sets are better.

The white numbers and wordmark are exactly as they should be.. Regardless of white on the rest of the jersey.. although half the shoulder yokes are white, so there's that 

19 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The shoulders look dirty white. The number font is phenomenally stupid but these would have sucked as a whole regardless. 

Even an avid defender of this jersey would probably agree it's still the worst in the franchise's history. But hey other than that great job Titans!!

The dirty white was ALWAYS the problem with the previous Buccaneers road (home 95% of the home games, too) jersey's. Ohh and these Titans jersey's look really bad.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

I think that they are actually alright for the most part! I don't think side panels are inherently bad. Just the NFL's way of doing them is normally bad (cards, vikings, bengals) I wouldn't even call those panels. Just a splash of color. I'd bring them down more to avoid the pit stain thing.

My biggest grip with this is the balance of color. Mainly not enough red accents. And you all make a good point about possibly simplifying and choose white OR gray, not both.

Subject to chance when seen on a player how the color balances.

44 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

No the grays are not, they are the only bad part of the redesign. They look like crappy sweats.

This. Honolulu blue is the signature element of the Lions' identity. A set emphasizing silver (actually drab grey) at the expense of Honolulu blue doesn't make sense logically, or aesthetically. Sadly they seem really popular with the kids, which means they're not going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My opinion on an all dark gray uniform may not by the end-all, be-all, but I can tell you one organization that shares it... the good people at the University of Tennessee.

Y'all better cool it with all this UT talk before the gods - i mean *mods*- shut this thing down.. Lions, Volunteers, even Titans jerseys.. Come on guys, this is a TITANS HELMETS thread!!!

Looking back on the hype trailer from last week, I don't think the shoulder yoke is two toned. It really looks like the same silver on both sides of the seam to me. 

DZ05WZfX4AMkJx6.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

51 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I guess I see that. Would making the main number gray fix that?

The fix is as simple as not abandoning the old scheme. If they'd kept columbia as the yoke color and left grey out of this, I think that the new design would be a decent evolution of the previous yoke and the jersey would look as balanced as it always did.. However, its never good enough to simply evolve these days, unfortunately. Reinventing the wheel has become the name of the game.

32 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Looking back on the hype trailer from last week, I don't think the shoulder yoke is two toned. It really looks like the same silver on both sides of the seam to me. 

DZ05WZfX4AMkJx6.jpg

They appear to be two slightly different shades, especially at the bottom. Plus there's be no other reason to have a seam going down the middle.

So far i don't love these but i don't hate them either. Obviously have to wait for the full reveal but that number looks so poorly designed. 

The number looks awkwardly thin and the Columbia Blue side/underarm area looks really out of place.

Get rid of the under arm things and it wouldn't look so bad I suppose. Not figuring in the two different shades of silver if that is really a thing. 

Titans%20New_zpshg3xbnbj.png

Had they kept the same kind of color layout and updated the template and numbers it would look way better IMO.

Titans_zps44m31o5w.png

I hope the red “Remember The Titans” alts are true, just to complete the circle of this over cooked uniform dumpster fire. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

The dirty white was ALWAYS the problem with the previous Buccaneers road (home 95% of the home games, too) jersey's. Ohh and these Titans jersey's look really bad.

This?? I don't think I've ever seen anyone say this was dirty white.

Ronde+Barber+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Caro

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

The number looks awkwardly thin and the Columbia Blue side/underarm area looks really out of place.

Get rid of the under arm things and it wouldn't look so bad I suppose. Not figuring in the two different shades of silver if that is really a thing. 

Titans%20New_zpshg3xbnbj.png

Had they kept the same kind of color layout and updated the template and numbers it would look way better IMO.

Titans_zps44m31o5w.png

The bottom one, but with their recent social medial number font instead, is all they really needed to do for a perfect upgrade.

Archived