Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

They seem to have nailed that rare combination of unique and bland.

On one hand, they are going all-in on the sword imagery and on the other hand, there's just so much navy.  The sword yoke is actually kinda clever and does not totally abandon their history.  Unfortunately, that necessitates that the should be silver, which doesn't break up the drabness of the navy the way that light blue would (as shown in the concept by @BucsBoy02 a couple of pages back).    The blue armpits/side panes seem like a lame attempt to get more light blue in and don't work.

I am a fan of block fonts first and formost.  That said, based on the "8" (but we'll have to see the rest of the numbers) this is not as bad as some fonts (and not just Tampa) and it's no worse to me than the old Titans font.

The Red swooshes bug me since red plays such a small role in what we have seen so far...seems like it's trying to draw attention to Nike (probably is).  I'd rather that be blue and that red just be scrapped from the entire look.  Two blues and silver is enough.  

Again, disappointed by the navy helmet.  Now I just hope they don't Tampa up the helmet with a giant logo.

So far, it's not looking like it's going to be Lions good, but also not Bucs bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Any truth to the reddit dude who called the Titans new unis but also said Dolphins are getting a makeover of some sort that will "blindside" fans?

i havent been paying too close attention to it all, so not sure whats been put out there. i did address the "blindsided" comment before and that certainly wont be the case. Tom Garfinkel already put a teaser shot out and most people had no idea what was different or had the wrong idea about what was different. its subtle  

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

35 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

On Eve of Unveiling, New Tennessee Titans Jersey Possibly Leaked

April 3, 2018 - 17:53 PM

Titans-Jersey-Leak-Maybe.jpg

The Tennessee Titans are set to unveil their new uniforms tomorrow but if two photos posted to Twitter yesterday are to be believed there will be a little less of a surprise. I have no idea the original source of […]

Read More...

if you look in the package behind the left (viewer right) shoulder you can see what looks like a silver and Columbia Blue jersey. thats my guess anyway

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's really frustrating. The Titans should be a team with a somewhat austere appearance. They have great colors and so much potential for one of the best looks/brands in the NFL and they come up with this. They go completely generic with a navy helmet, when they could have been unique and cool with a columbia blue helmet.

Epic fail on every level.

19 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

if you look in the package behind the left (viewer right) shoulder you can see what looks like a silver and Columbia Blue jersey. thats my guess anyway

Looks white/Columbia blue to me, because it's somewhat in the shadows. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Every new Nike uniform that comes out makes the Browns look less terrible.

What a complete disaster Nike has been for the NFL.

No, it doesn't.  It merely desensitizes us to the sheer ugliness that Cleveland fans endure with that team on all levels.  Statements like this are akin to entering the "acceptance" stage of grief.  Don't allow yourself to get there.

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

Kinda mediocre, but with Nike’s recent track record of spewing feces accross the NFL and NBA I’m fine with this.

It's not a Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Cleveland Browns-level trainwreck.  But football uniforms of the 2010's are definitely going to be remembered in the same way bell bottoms, tie-dyed shirts and leisure suits are from the 1970's.

1 hour ago, bwburke94 said:

What's with the number font?

It's an NFL rule, instituted back in the 90's when the Steelers made their switchover and gradually being implemented ever since:  the uniform number must be made to appear as unique ugly as humanly possible.

42 minutes ago, Tigers6884 said:

I mean, I don't HATE it, but it's still a big downgrade from their previous uniforms. 

The Titans is a "change for change's sake."  It's not good.  It's not abysmal.  It's a downgrade, but could be worse (e.g., silver helmets).  The team spent all its 'legacy currency' when they rebranded from the Houston Oilers - that brand had juice, this one doesn't.  And it never will.

nav-logo.png

One lowkey crappy aspect of these is that the only red element is the Nike swoosh. It's just more brand-centric attention-whoring; the viewer's eye will be drawn to the swoosh in any side view of the jersey.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Just to remind us of just who we are...

I just clicked an ESPN story of the NFL investigating the leak.  The story included the photo.  One of the reader comments was that he'd never have realized it was not the old jersey if the story did not tell him so.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

15 minutes ago, GearsofTed said:

The titans are gonna go to a super bowl in these, and have like a good 3-4 year stretch, and then we'll have to see them for the next 20 years because they "won in them" 

As a Titans fan, I could live with this.

6 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Just to remind us of just who we are...

I just clicked an ESPN story of the NFL investigating the leak.  The story included the photo.  One of the reader comments was that he'd never have realized it was not the old jersey if the story did not tell him so.

I sent a a screenshot of it to a friend of mine and he said, "Looks the same." So yeah, we're a bunch of dorks. 

Archived