Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Perfect, the Texans can go back to the white prototypes they had in Madden '02 and a few appearances before they took the field.

You do realize this is the first step on the path that will lead us to the wet dream of so many people on these forums?

qH5VHS2.png

Thanks @Htown1141, you have beautifully portrayed the twisted minds of the “Bring Back the Oilers” crowd.

P.S. The Texans with white helmets and red primary jerseys is a good look to me.

At this point, bring it on; the Texans refuse to get their combos right and in some cases (Battle Red) get it beyond wrong. The Oilers set is a little more idiot-proofed.

I'm working on a concept where the league makes the Oilers stay and Nashville gets the expansion team. Yeah, it's a Titans/Predators/Bobcats amalgamation, but it looks really good to me!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

hope this isnt the case. im sure on its own it would look nice, but very Texans like as well, assuming nothing else changes. i just dont understand them pushing the identity to a more generic look. or at the very least a very Texans-esque look.

and if it is the case, i would hope navy becomes their Color Rush jersey and the primary is Columbia Blue (do they still call it that?). that would be a decent compromise if they’re able to push that unique, signature color via the jersey

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

You do realize this is the first step on the path that will lead us to the wet dream of so many people on these forums?

qH5VHS2.png

Thanks @Htown1141, you have beautifully portrayed the twisted minds of the “Bring Back the Oilers” crowd.

P.S. The Texans with white helmets and red primary jerseys is a good look to me.

Red face masks or GTFO

If the Titans end up looking like us, I gonna yell and scream until the Texans go Battle Red full time. But since McNair's a idiot these days, I wouldn't hold my breath on us switching colors. 

1 minute ago, AgentColon2 said:

Red face masks or GTFO

This. No place for grey masks here. 

37 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

If the Titans end up looking like us, I gonna yell and scream until the Texans go Battle Red full time. But since McNair's a idiot these days, I wouldn't hold my breath on us switching colors. 

Forgot about the Texans owner being Bob McNair for a second and got really confused with this being a thread about the Titans.

e5d0fdadb1e04deeebcb9d274a4a6e5c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Which thread should we use?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I'm in the minority, but this has major potential. They could go the Bills route and blend the border into the helmet - on a navy backdrop, they could drop the white border altogether and give the flames some air:

1.jpg?screen

Of course, they'll probably go the Lions route and add several borders around the logo for no reason whatsoever.

Honestly, it looks a little naked to me. But I think I woud prefer it to havin a white keyline, which would look really bad. Either way, if they go the traditional route of having the primary logo on the helmet, I do not think going navy blue will end well.

Also I can't believe they didn't take this opportunity to update the flaming thumbtack logo.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Which thread should we use?

The old one. It’s a massive pain to have to check both threads about the exact same thing and the old thread is already a solid database of collected info about this unveiling. Discussing the helmet in the old thread is about as on-topic as it gets. This thread needs to end here.

11 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Red face masks or GTFO

11 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

This. No place for grey masks here. 

Because I love the never ending arguments, I'm going to take this opportunity to once again say that if I had to choose between no team having a gray mask and every team having a gray mask, it would take me less than half a second to advocate gray masks across the board.

The House of the Gray Mask will never die!

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because I love the never ending arguments, I'm going to take this opportunity to once again say that if I had to choose between no team having a gray mask and every team having a gray mask, it would take me less than half a second to advocate gray masks across the board.

...but why though?

Also a Columbia blue helmet would be fantastic.

56 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

youll NEVER have to make that choice though, so it’s moot. 

In this case, gray or silver would probably look good and separate from the Texans a bit. Red might not work as well. 

Now to post this  exact same thing in the other thread in case we’re discussing it there too. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Helmet opinion withstanding until I see it, I'm glad the Titans aren't going with a complete re-brand here. They have a solid identity, it's just utilized very poorly. Hopefully this change is good.

I am also glad they are not re-branding. I'm not a huge fan of the flaming thumb tack but im okay that its staying. However, my biggest issue with the Titans' look is that it is dull, mainly due to the heavy use of navy blue. By switching to a navy blue helmet and (seemingly) downgrading usage of the light blue, the look will most likely be even duller IMO.

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

qH5VHS2.png

I'm one of those super weird guys who wants that look for the Titans. The Texans have a solid albeit unremarkable look as-is, and the columbia blue color has been the one constant through Oilers/Titans franchise history.

That said, if the Texans were to bring back that look, I'd be totally on board with it. (Not going to happen, I know...) The Texans name would resonate with younger fans, while the gorgeous color scheme would likely resonate with both young and old alike. Anything to get that color scheme back in the world of pro sports (Sacramento Kings, are you listening?)...

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Preach it!

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

...but why though?

helms_zps6gskwd6k.png

Nothing you see here could possibly be improved by a colored mask (and the Browns are proof).

Archived