Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

If, they have gray aways, I wonder if this could open the door for gold Rams jerseys on the road like has been suggested in the ultra mega Rams thread. 

That said, every gray football jersey in existence has been bad and that's an actual, scientific fact. You would think it's subjective, but in this case it actually isn't. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here's somerthing that's become very apparent.

The term "straight fire" means two things;

1. Whatever the speaker is applying the term to will suck.

and 2.  The speaker is a mouth breathing imbecile.

I think we could do without this attitude. The board's popular opinion isn't the "right" one.  

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd argue that it just means that something is a thing that exists. Anything can be straight fire. Monochrome? Straight fire! Chrome? Straight fire! Retro? Straight fire! Alternatively, fire emojis may also be used. 

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

4 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think we could do without this attitude. The board's popular opinion isn't the "right" one.  

2 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Are we really gonna do this on here?

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I'd argue that it just means that something is a thing that exists. Anything can be straight fire. Monochrome? Straight fire! Chrome? Straight fire! Retro? Straight fire! Alternatively, fire emojis may also be used. 

OK, OK... too harsh.  Long day, my apologies.

25 minutes ago, henburg said:

Grey aways? Hmm. That could be a disaster. I'll have to see it. On the bright side, that helmet description sounds sexy. 

Grey aways only work in baseball. There aren't many good "grey" football jerseys.

2 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Grey aways only work in baseball. There aren't many good "grey" football jerseys.

There are actually none. It's science. 

17 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

That said, every gray football jersey in existence has been bad and that's an actual, scientific fact. You would think it's subjective, but in this case it actually isn't. 

Everything Reddit Dude describes about this uniform makes it sound like a bigger pile of ass than the leak suggested. Maybe it all magically comes together somehow, but I'm not optimistic.

"The upper left corner of each number juts out in homage to the shape of the state of Tennessee." Good God, Nike. Knock it off with this. Not even the PR droolers who will dutifully copy-paste this nonsense believe a word of it. And besides, we all know that same font is going to represent the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium two years from now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm curious as to the extent of the Columbia Blue side inserts. It kind of looks like it might include the cuff. IDK I've been on a concept kick lately and have been spending a lot of time just tinkering. lol 

Titans%20AH_zpszsd7nz8b.png

Titans%20AA_zps9wiv4xdq.png

If the Titans were going this direction they should have dropped the light blue and replaced it with a bright red.

Cue the angry stampede of oiler loving freaks

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

The gray with light blue "armor" and red side panels could look great if the shade of gray is good.  I've long thought that NFL teams could wear gray rather than white.

I'm going to change my screen name to "Gray", and as my first post, "I like what I'm hearing so far."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The gray with light blue "armor" and red side panels could look great if the shade of gray is good.  I've long thought that NFL teams could wear gray rather than white.

I'm going to change my screen name to "Gray", and as my first post, "I like what I'm hearing so far."

I have always wanted to see light Gray/Cream uniforms in the NFL. We saw the Seahawks do it and honestly I thought it looks pretty good. I actually just did a Buc's concept where I replaced white with a off White/Cream color I'm in love with. lol 

3 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I feel like if they wanted to incorporate more Columbia Blue they should have kept the full yoke including collar in Columbia Blue and then had the Silver sword shape overlay that. It would have balanced out the colors more and not feel as forced. Also thickening the numbers and getting rid of the serifs. Maybe even getting rid of white all together and going for silver numbers also. 

Something along the lines of this:

Titans%20new2_zpstbfyiqjf.png  

This would actually be a huge upgrade. I almost never see a Titans concept that meets my too high standards but this is really, really good.

That was a 3rd jersey, worn at home.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived