• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, henburg said:

Here's the official timeline-

lIGgEyV.jpg

And here's a leak to a livestream that they will be doing-

http://www.titansonline.com/video/live.html

Luckily the Florida Georgia Line concert doesn't start until after the unveil, so you all can save yourselves from that. 

Look at that great number font going to waste . . . presumably.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

I feel like if they wanted to incorporate more Columbia Blue they should have kept the full yoke including collar in Columbia Blue and then had the Silver sword shape overlay that. It would have balanced out the colors more and not feel as forced. Also thickening the numbers and getting rid of the serifs. Maybe even getting rid of white all together and going for silver numbers also. 

Something along the lines of this:

Titans%20new2_zpstbfyiqjf.png  

Gosh this is so much better.

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

it's evident the Titans are trying to seperate themselves from the Oilers completely if they hadn't already.

I'd agree, except that the Titans have used Oilers throwbacks on a number of occasions.

Buffalo+Bills+v+Tennessee+Titans+Ys09HfJ

Laurence+Maroney+Jason+McCourty+Tennesee

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'd agree, except that the Titans have used Oilers throwbacks on a number of occasions.

Buffalo+Bills+v+Tennessee+Titans+Ys09HfJ

Laurence+Maroney+Jason+McCourty+Tennesee

In all fairness, the NFL required them to wear those, unless they wore them outside of the 2009 season.  I have no memory of that, though.

19 minutes ago, unimaniac said:

In all fairness, the NFL required them to wear those, unless they wore them outside of the 2009 season.  I have no memory of that, though.

Yes and that's the only time they've done so since their rebranding so they've never used them as legit throwbacks or 3rd uniforms. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

14 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I hope the "gray away jersey" rumor turns out to be false. It just looks so drab in sports. The Lions in the NFL are the only ones that rock it, imo

I hope so too but I think that its the only way out of the corner that they've painted themselves into with the home jersey. They have three major color panels none of which are white on the home jersey. So the only way to pull off the same effect on the away jersey is to make it grey using navy for the swords and Columbia blue on the side panels. 

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

hi yes this is the uniform for a team called the "oilers" they changed their name to the "titans" as soon as they could because the "oilers" name was from when they played in a city called "houston" like a bagillion years ago and so it would be wrong because the team neither is a "houston" or an "oilers" anymore and life just keeps on chugging along

Missing the point and snarky, smug condescension all in one post? Impressive.

Yes, I know why they changed the name and look. My point was that, from a purely aesthetic pov, the Titans have yet to come up with a look that is anywhere near as good as what they had when they were the Oilers. 

10 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

If ther navy helmet rumor is true, then the gray road unis might be true too.  A white helmet would look awful with gray on the road.

I hope the away unis have navy pants. I think gray/gray/gray would look awful. 

EDIT: I forgot the helmet is navy, not gray. Still, I hope the pants are navy.

39 minutes ago, bootscallahan said:

I hope the away unis have navy pants. I think gray/gray/gray would look awful. 

EDIT: I forgot the helmet is navy, not gray. Still, I hope the pants are navy.

Agreed, they cant do monochrome gray...ugh.

3 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Yes and that's the only time they've done so since their rebranding so they've never used them as legit throwbacks or 3rd uniforms. 

Yep that was all part of every original AFL team celebrating their and the AFL's 50th anniversary.

Archived