Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

8 minutes ago, BoDeAngelo said:

pardon my ignorance on all of this but what nfl franchise is consistently wearing throwbacks from their former city?

All I was saying was that their stance on embracing the Oilers' history identity might have changed in the last ten years

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BoDeAngelo said:

pardon my ignorance on all of this but what nfl franchise is consistently wearing throwbacks from their former city?

Also, the Rams wore Los Angeles throwbacks frequently while in St. Louis.

3 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I thought the shoulders were armor, not swords?

"Shoulders" is an s word.

6 minutes ago, ThorSkaagi said:

Also, the Rams wore Los Angeles throwbacks frequently while in St. Louis.

Those were the St. Louis Rams' uniforms from 1995 to 1999-2000.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hate how every Titans discussion devolves into an Oilers discussion. Half this board probably doesn't even remember the Oilers being IN Texas. Let it die, and this is coming from a former Oilers fan that embraces the Titans identity.

The Oilers were 100% Bud. He is no longer with us. Now his daughter is doing a great job of running his team under a new banner.

If any team deserves a green light for ridiculous arena league rags, it's the Titans.

I hope we have 2-tone grey roads with navy-chrome helmets, Oilers colored armpits, and wearing Tennessee flags as full blown Superman capes. Why the hell not. We aren't the Packers, Yankees, Celtics, or Habs. 

19 minutes ago, BoDeAngelo said:

I believe the Chiefs have worn Dallas Texans throwbacks occasionally.  But the real question is who would I have to bribe to get the Ravens to wear Cleveland Browns throwbacks?  Especially if they are playing the current Browns in their fugly Nike uniforms. 

3 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

If that's real, Reddit guy is wrong. RIP. 

He technically could still be right. Do we know this is the color rush jersey or just a light blue jersey? Don't teams technically have 4 different jerseys they can wear now. Maybe there's navy, gray, and two different light blue versions? The Lions last year unveiled two blues, one gray and one white.

Will these look tolerable in-game on the field? Probably. Worst look in the league? No. Cluttered avant-garde Nike mess? Yep. Oh well. I'll buy one if they win a Super Bowl in them, but that's about as far as I'll go. Here's hoping for a big, red, messy color rush jersey!

ICXC NIKA

18 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

These sound horrible. A Gray jersey with a columbia blue yokes and red side panels? JESUS.

And Red numbers on columbia blue? good GOD.

Well the rediit info was deleted,so I just captured Gr3g3's summary of it; nonetheless, it sounds like the reddit info on the columbia blue jersey was erroneous, so maybe the helmet won't be as the reddit user described?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:
Here's a leaked image of the alternate jersey.

448LMr4.gif

People who like this uniform:

1507081530789.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived