Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

the fat guy up there with Vabral and the M.C. has no business holding a microphone.  Jesus this is the hokiest thing I've ever seen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was thinking with the new navy helmet and the 3 stars "stripe", that is going to look really weird to me considering its only three stars. If it was like Navy's helmets from a couple of years ago vs Army, a full "stripe" of stars would look much better IMO or even a stripe that breaks at the end of the helmet for the three stars, but if its what they want its their choice.Screen_Shot_2016_12_06_at_3.20.52_PM.png

They're building it up waaaaaay too much.  That's what sets it up for failure.  No uniform they could possibly unveil - even a terrific one - could live up to all this build up.

They really need to downplay these more - don't have big live events with weeks of teasers and an hour of speeches promoting the things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Htown1141 said:

WE want to see them. I'm sure most people want Titans football info just as much, for whatever stupid reason that may be :/ 

I'm pretty sure if you attend a uniform unveiling, and have been there for an hour or two, you already know all the history and only want to see the new uniforms. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well while we are waiting and before this place blows up after the reveal I finished working on my concept. I've posted most of it in here already might as well finish it. 

Swords, Swords everywhere. Don't cut yourself. :D

Titans%20Home%20Full_zpsqgtfcu8h.png

Titans%20Away%20Full_zpschjlaky6.png

Titans%20Alt%20Full_zps1shq6m6d.png

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

the fat guy up there with Vabral and the M.C. has no business holding a microphone.  Jesus this is the hokiest thing I've ever seen.

Did they say he's the GM? He has no social or speaking skills at all!

i have a feeling we will hear one chant when they are revealed, at least here, "they're so s****ty they're unbelieveable"

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Here's a description: 

The Titans’ new uniforms were revealed during a packed street party Wednesday night in downtown Nashville.

The familiar “two-tone blue” color scheme and fireball logo remain the primary calling cards for the franchise, which is entering its 20th season as the Titans

Major changes were made to the helmet, jersey font and shoulders. Nike senior product director Kelly Morris, art director Tom Andrich and NFL creative director Shandon Melvin explained the design elements in interviews with The Tennessean.

The helmet color has shifted to a metallic navy after decades of the team wearing white. The facemask has changed to silver, as has the outline of the fireball logo. A stripe, which is inspired by the sword, also incorporates silver, begins in the rear of the helmet and tapers toward the front. The word "Tennessee" appears on the back bumper.

The Titans will wear navy jerseys at home and white on the road. Columbia blue and red are used as accents. Columbia blue also remains the dominant color for the team’s Color Rush and alternate jerseys.

The jersey font is meant to invoke a chiseled-in-stone Greek look and includes a notch jutting from the top right of each number, a nod to the outline of the state of Tennessee. It may be the thinnest font in the league. The word "Titans" remains at the center neck on the chest. It's been slightly modified, using highlights and shadows, to look bolder. The word "Tennessee," which sits within the arc, is now a bolder font. 

More: Titans new uniforms: What an expert says about colors, nostalgia and 'flaming thumbtack'

Two-tone silver shoulders, which narrow to a point on the sleeves, are intended to represent the Titans’ sword. The familiar secondary sword logo has been removed from the shoulders altogether.

Three red stars on the inside of the rear collar are a nod to the Tennessee state flag. 

The uniforms also include angled silver striping on the pant legs, which are meant to invoke a sword's sheath. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Just now, Teal said:

Because it’s a jersey unveiling and we want to see the new sets, not a circus. 

What did you think would happen at an event with so many people? They'd just throw the players out there for 3 minutes and end the stream?

Archived